cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate update ruined my computer

ZenIT_SWE
Level 7
There where some updates available in Armoury Crate so I decided to update all. When I restarted the computer I got a BSOD and eventually ended up restoring Windows with a restore point a couple of days old. Just prior to updating Armoury Crate I installed a Logitech G13, so I wasn't sure what caused the problem. I therefore decided to give the Armoury Crate updates another try, but after updating again it turned really bad. I got BSOD with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and I wasn't even able to start in safe mode. I ended up reinstalling Windows since no attempts to repair the system worked. No I have installed the G13 again but no Armoury Crate and everything works like a charm, so I really discourage anyone to install Armoury Crate. When I googled for solutions regarding this application I came across several posts about a wide variety of problems with Armoury Crate so for me it's obvious that it shouldn't even exist!

System specs:
MB: TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 36MB
CPU: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 Vengeance
GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB ROG STRIX
System disk: Kingston A2000 250GB M.2 NVMe
1 REPLY 1

LedHed
Level 7
Armoury Crate allows you to update a few things, that as far as I am aware, can't be updated anywhere else.

Other than that though, it is pretty much useless. Unless you love RGB lighting.

The main purpose of the software is totally broken, updating drivers and utilities. Most of the time after a restart, nothing was updated or installed. Especially with regard to AISuite3. Trying to get that installed from ArmouryCrate seems to be impossible.