cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3D Vision anymore with G750JX

Lucius_Snow
Level 7
Hi all,

I have a G750JX since 2013. I had run without any problem nVidia 3D Vision with the LCD 120 Hz and the wired glasses provided with the ROG package. The infrared IR emitter is integrated on this notebook. Since I installed Windows 10, it doesn't work anymore. Then, I found this: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4781

It needs the old 425.31 drivers. So I installed them (the standard, not DCH ones). The "3D Stereoscopic" option in the nVidia panel gives only one choice: "3D vision discover" (anaglyph glasses). Instead, it should display the Asus LCD 120 Hz monitor. And when I run the configuration wizard and I select "wired glasses", it says the drivers are not installed. But they are for sure.

I also installed 3D Fix Manager. PowerDVD let me selecting nVidia 3D Vision then. But it displays the film in anaglyph only.

Has anyone here made 3D Vision working on ROG laptop / IR emitter integrated / Windows 10?

Thank you.
11 REPLIES 11

jdfrench3
Level 12
You need to reinstall your original Windows 8.1 NVIDIA drivers found on your ASUS Driver DVD, then allow Windows 10 to update. This is a tricky one as you may have to format your OS drive, install Windows 8.1, then before updating Windows you install all the original ASUS drivers and programs from your ASUS Driver DVD. Then allow Windows 8.1 to update itself. Once all that is done you can then update to Windows 10.

That's alot of work, don't know if it would be worth it. I have a couple G75VW 3D laptops and I never use the 3D function anymore.

Here's a copy of your ASUS Driver DVD: https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/download/51-windows-8-1/617-g750jw-jx-jxa-treiber-dvd

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Lucius_Snow
Level 7
Thanks for your advice. As I made a full-customed install of Windows 10, I can't start from Windows 8.1. Do you think I can extract some drivers / tools from the ISO that I could try to install?

By the way, there's nothing new detected in the Device Manager when I plug the USB glasses. Is it the same on your G750JX?

Burn yourself a DVD using that ISO file.

Use the ASUS Installation Wizard (AsInsWiz.exe) found on the Driver DVD to install the original ASUS drivers and programs. Yes, I believe the Windows 8.1 drivers and programs should work with your Windows 10 install.

The NVIDIA files can be found in a Display sub-folder.

I would first uninstall the drivers and programs you presently have installed before reverting back to the originals.

Might be fine, better to start with Windows 8.1, use Driver DVD drivers and programs, update 8.1, then upgrade to Windows 10.

My ASUS G75VW 3D laptops use NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 Wireless Glasses. There is a USB IR emitter atop my display screen. This USB IR Emitter is present in the Device Manager. The USB cable is used for charging the glasses.
Homebuilt Windows Server

Lucius_Snow
Level 7
I could install the old nVidia drivers from the ISO. The general display is fine. However I still have the same bug : the 3D stereocopic wizard from the nVidia Panel say the 3D Vision drivers are not installed.

I can't find the IR Emitter in the Device Manager. In which category is it? Is there anything to enable it (in the BIOS or somewhere else?)

According this link https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2333/~/does-the-3d-vision-emitter-show-up-in-win...

It wouldn't show for integrated emitter which is my case.

Thank you.

Got me curious. So I got out my old ASUS G75VW-DH73-3D laptop, a pair of NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 Wireless Glasses, and a 3D Blu-Ray DVD of Avatar.

At first I couldn't get the 3D Glasses to sync with the 3D Vision USB IR emitter at all. I got out the USB charging cable and plugged it in. Red LED still blinks, must be charging.

I went into the NVIDIA Control Panel and played with the Set up stereoscopic 3D settings. I enabled stereoscopic 3D and then Run the Setup Wizard. I got the IR emitter to light and the glasses did activate but everything was flashy flashy.

I installed the NVIDIA driver that came with this Oct 2012 laptop (version 305.46) and tried things out again. This time when I activated the Setup Wizard I got a blue screen of death with a message that a NVIDIA file had caused the failure.

I then Downloaded the latest NVIDIA GeForce Experience and from it downloaded and installed the NVIDIA 391.35 driver dated March 27 2018.

Now when I went back to testing the Glasses were syncing with the IR Emitter and the NVIDIA Control Panel Setup Wizard worked like a charm.

Ok how about the DVD? I was using Power DVD 13 and it flat was having problems so I uninstalled it and replaced it with Power DVD 18. I slipped the DVD in and Power DVD activated, the 3D Glasses synced with the IR Emitter and the 3D-Blu-Ray worked very well.

That was rather satisfying.
Homebuilt Windows Server

Lucius_Snow
Level 7
Thanks for doing some tests on your side. No more luck here with the drivers 391.35

Funny thing: I found your old post: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?25489-Restore-3D-to-G75VW-DH73-Laptop/page2 which describes also a loss of the 3D function.

And there was this screenshot in the thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14058&d=1353504531

On my computer, I see "3D Vision Discover" greyed out (which means the basic anaglyph glasses) instead of "Asus 3D Vision laptop". Maybe the LCD screen is not installed properly? But I haven't never seen any drivers for it. However, I can set the refresh rate at 120 Hz.

What is the full name of your laptop? G750JX ?????
Homebuilt Windows Server

Here's some supporting pictures for you. I installed SnagIt on the G75VW-DH73-3D laptop and I took a picture of the top of the display bezel showing the camera and 3D emitter. Then transferred everything to my G752VSK. Enjoy!
Homebuilt Windows Server

Lucius_Snow
Level 7
Thank you!

Yes, G750JX-CV030H. The integrated emitter is built-in so it wouldn't appear in the Device Manager according to the nVidia link I posted. But it does on your PC.

Please note that the emitter will Not show up for monitors or laptops that have integrated emitters.

Strange...