Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array JOSHSKORN PC Specs
    JOSHSKORN PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processor5960X
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    38

    RAM Upgrade advice to 64GB.

    I want to upgrade my RAM, I've always had 16 GB but it's not enough. I was thinking about possibly doing 64 GB, which I understand is way overkill.

    This is what I currently have, 2800Mhz RAM: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MPIEDZ8

    I've run into two problems. The Compatible RAM doc lists things that I can't find anymore, plus it doesn't really detail RAM speed of each item. I want something just as fast or faster, and I understand the fastest compatible ram is 3300Mhz. I also want something that'll work right out of the box, no tweaking necessary.

    Any suggestions on what to get, what's still available? Or what you're using?

    I went on NewEgg to look for Desktop RAM, applied the filters for the speed and capacity and I don't think any of those choices are on the compatible RAM list.

    Motherboard: Rampage V Extreme

    Other than that, I have no reason to upgrade my computer right now. It's otherwise working great. I may need a new video card, if I ever get a 4K monitor, though.

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array raju2529 PC Specs
    raju2529 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)R542UQ-DM153 ( X542UQ.309 )
    MotherboardAsus Builtin Motherboard X542UQ
    ProcessorIntel core i5 7200u @2.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Adata 2400 Mhz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1intel Hd 620 graphics 1GB DDR3 DCH WHQL driver v27.20.100.8425
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia GeForce 940MX 2GB GDDR5 DCH WHQL driver v27.21.14.5167
    Graphics Card #3nil
    Graphics Card #4nil
    Sound CardRealtek HD Audio controller with codec 294 WHQL driver v6.0.8975.1
    MonitorBuiltin Lcd monitor model BOE
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD M.2. 2280
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB 2.5inch. Toshiba 1TB 2.5 inch
    CPU CoolerBuilt-in
    CaseFrom factory
    Power Supply65W
    Keyboard Built in keyboard
    Mouse Built in mouse
    Headset Purchased Philips HeadSet
    Mouse Pad nil
    Headset/Speakers Realtek Builtin Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit v2004 build no 19041.331
    Network RouterBsnl Wi-Fi modem with router
    Accessory #1 Dell Wired Mouse
    Accessory #2 Laptop Cooling table with fan
    Accessory #3 Secureye Usb finger print scanner added seperately for Windows Hello
    raju2529's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Reputation
    9
    Posts
    305

    RAM Modules upgrade depends upon the following.
    1. Chipset with limited frequency
    2. Processor brand, model and its frequency and sloe designed on selected chipset.
    3. Motherboard designed based on seleted chipset
    4.BIOSFirmware is programed on selected chipset, for particulr motherboard, for comptble processors models, for maximum support of RAM mpdules with frequency.


    i request you to read all the techinical documnets from motherboard manual, processor model , chipset design model.

    give me the folllowing details
    1. motherboard brand , name , model with version with bios v
    2. processor brand , name , model with frequency
    3. current ram mofule with frequency , whether its single side channel or dual sided channel

  3. #3
    ROG Enthusiast Array JOSHSKORN PC Specs
    JOSHSKORN PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processor5960X
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by raju2529 View Post
    RAM Modules upgrade depends upon the following.
    1. Chipset with limited frequency
    2. Processor brand, model and its frequency and sloe designed on selected chipset.
    3. Motherboard designed based on seleted chipset
    4.BIOSFirmware is programed on selected chipset, for particulr motherboard, for comptble processors models, for maximum support of RAM mpdules with frequency.


    i request you to read all the techinical documnets from motherboard manual, processor model , chipset design model.

    give me the folllowing details
    1. motherboard brand , name , model with version with bios v
    2. processor brand , name , model with frequency
    3. current ram mofule with frequency , whether its single side channel or dual sided channel
    1. Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME, Extended ATX x99 Motherboard , LGA 2011-V3 Socket, DDR4 3300Mhz+(OC)
    2. Processor: Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W Desktop Processor BX80648I75960X - Running @ 3.0 MHz, not overclocked
    3. RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum Series 16GB DDR4 2800MHz Memory - No XMP Profile applied, running at base speed of 2133 MHz. Not sure what you mean by single side channel or dual sided channel.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array raju2529 PC Specs
    raju2529 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)R542UQ-DM153 ( X542UQ.309 )
    MotherboardAsus Builtin Motherboard X542UQ
    ProcessorIntel core i5 7200u @2.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Adata 2400 Mhz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1intel Hd 620 graphics 1GB DDR3 DCH WHQL driver v27.20.100.8425
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia GeForce 940MX 2GB GDDR5 DCH WHQL driver v27.21.14.5167
    Graphics Card #3nil
    Graphics Card #4nil
    Sound CardRealtek HD Audio controller with codec 294 WHQL driver v6.0.8975.1
    MonitorBuiltin Lcd monitor model BOE
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD M.2. 2280
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB 2.5inch. Toshiba 1TB 2.5 inch
    CPU CoolerBuilt-in
    CaseFrom factory
    Power Supply65W
    Keyboard Built in keyboard
    Mouse Built in mouse
    Headset Purchased Philips HeadSet
    Mouse Pad nil
    Headset/Speakers Realtek Builtin Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit v2004 build no 19041.331
    Network RouterBsnl Wi-Fi modem with router
    Accessory #1 Dell Wired Mouse
    Accessory #2 Laptop Cooling table with fan
    Accessory #3 Secureye Usb finger print scanner added seperately for Windows Hello
    raju2529's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Reputation
    9
    Posts
    305

    Joshskorn. I checked the technical specifications of mother board max 64GB supported.
    Also I checked processor specifications, max 2133 Mhz. 64GB supported.
    So real doubts comes here.
    You must read user manual of the motherboard, might it contains recommend memory configurations

  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array JOSHSKORN PC Specs
    JOSHSKORN PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processor5960X
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by raju2529 View Post
    Joshskorn. I checked the technical specifications of mother board max 64GB supported.
    Also I checked processor specifications, max 2133 Mhz. 64GB supported.
    So real doubts comes here.
    You must read user manual of the motherboard, might it contains recommend memory configurations
    Thanks but I was hoping other users would chime in and explain their 64GB RAM configurations, just so I could buy that, or at least give me advice as to which sticks currently being sold will work. I'm not looking to tweak anything, just plug in and play. Maybe apply XMP, but that's it.

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array Magic Smoke PC Specs
    Magic Smoke PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo YOGA 910
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme/3.1
    Processor6850K
    Memory (part number)Patriot Viper PC4-21300 2666MHz 4X8GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX-970
    Storage #1Samsung 950 NVME 500GB
    Storage #22X WD Black 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H80iGT
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 1000i
    OS Win 10 Pro

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Read Chino's Sticky

    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHSKORN View Post
    Thanks but I was hoping other users would chime in and explain their 64GB RAM configurations, just so I could buy that, or at least give me advice as to which sticks currently being sold will work. I'm not looking to tweak anything, just plug in and play. Maybe apply XMP, but that's it.
    Years ago Chino posted a sticky on getting 128GB to work on this board - https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...page-V-Extreme. Check it out; same principles apply to 64GB.

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    67
    Posts
    260

    Your board will go higher than 2133. That’s just the Jdec standard. Anything past Jdec standard is considered an OC.*
    I’d buy the lowest latency 64GB 3200 kit you *can find. If it won’t run at XMP you can dial it back. Biggest thing, buy a kit!!! Don’t add to what you have.*
    *3200 CL14 Samsung B die kits are easy to come by.

    64GB as in 8x8. Plays nicer than 4x16. *

    Gskill has a nice kit on NewEgg. F4-*3200C14Q2-64GTZR

  8. #8
    ROG Enthusiast Array JOSHSKORN PC Specs
    JOSHSKORN PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processor5960X
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnny View Post
    Your board will go higher than 2133. That’s just the Jdec standard. Anything past Jdec standard is considered an OC.*
    I’d buy the lowest latency 64GB 3200 kit you *can find. If it won’t run at XMP you can dial it back. Biggest thing, buy a kit!!! Don’t add to what you have.*
    *3200 CL14 Samsung B die kits are easy to come by.

    64GB as in 8x8. Plays nicer than 4x16. *

    Gskill has a nice kit on NewEgg. F4-*3200C14Q2-64GTZR
    I don't think there's enough clearance from my CPU fan to use those, but I could be wrong. I have a Noctua NH-U14S. Besides, that seems a bit out of my price range at nearly $800. Granted, I paid nearly $500 (I think??) for the RAM I have now back in 2014. I don't want to do that again. I'll be content with 2800MHz RAM.

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Hello, sorry if I step in:
    do you know if R5E supports Gskill 3600 C19 32 GB (https://www.gskill.com/specification...pecification)?

    Thanks
    M_C

  10. #10
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ThrashZone PC Specs
    ThrashZone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS z490 maximus XII Apex 2nd x299 Rampage VI Apex
    Processori9-10900k & i9-9940x
    Memory (part number)Trident-Z 3600c16 2nd Trident-Z 3600C16 both Samsung B-Dies
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080ti FTW3 water block 2nd Titan Xp copper water block
    MonitorAOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz & ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
    Storage #12-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2 & 2.5" ssd's 850 pro's for os 850 evo for games
    Storage #22-LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
    CPU Cooler2-240GTX with Heatkiller-4-Pro/ vrm water block Both&x299 2-280GTX 2-D5's before and after rads
    Case2- Corsair 450D with second floors for 240GTX & 280GTX rads enclosed and filtered on top
    Power SupplyEVGA 1000P2 2nd EVGA 1200P2
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum 2nd Logitech G710+
    Mouse 2-Red dragon Perdition
    OS Win-7 & win-10 pro on both systems Win-7 everyday os
    Accessory #1 Optimus Foundation copper plexi 2nd Optimus SigV2
    Accessory #2 ModmyMods clear coolant
    Accessory #3 ModMyMods 3/8-5/8" clear soft tubing/ MORA 360 Pro x2
    ThrashZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Reputation
    23
    Posts
    389

    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHSKORN View Post
    I don't think there's enough clearance from my CPU fan to use those, but I could be wrong. I have a Noctua NH-U14S. Besides, that seems a bit out of my price range at nearly $800. Granted, I paid nearly $500 (I think??) for the RAM I have now back in 2014. I don't want to do that again. I'll be content with 2800MHz RAM.
    Hi,
    Actually 652.us sold by newegg for 8x8gb kit 3200c14
    I have the 4x8gb kit on my x99 works great no where on my boards qvl list or g-skill either stuff just works.

    https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-64gb-...82E16820232347

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •