cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Driver ASUS Rampage VI Extreme

RSMAN
Level 8
Hello,

I need your help, I'm looking for the original drivers from the USB key (My key is blank ... Thank you ASUS!).

If someone has the original motherboard and key with the drivers, can you send me a screenshot like this:

Or a copy of your USB key!

I know where to download the drivers, but I also want the original program, thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

xarot
Level 11
I think at least for some Rampage motherboards the USB appears empty but there is one empty partition and other one with the data? Something with a CD-drive icon.
Main: i9-10980XE - Rampage VI Extreme Encore - 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 CL16 - Strix RTX 3090 - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Corsair AX1500i - Samsung 960 PRO 1 TB + Intel 600P 1TB - Water cooling
HTPC: i7-6950X - X99-M WS - 32 GB G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4-2400 - GTX1050TI - Bitfenix Pandora - Corsair AX860 - Intel 750 400 GB + Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO
All around: i9-7980XE - Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB G.Skill 4000 CL18-19-19-39 - Strix RTX3090 - Phanteks P500A - Samsung 960 EVO 512 GB - Water cooling

The USB drives are available on ebay. I bought an unused/unscratched one the other day for my ROG collection. Haven't plugged it in cuz I want it to stay unused but from a bit of research, they are indeed formatted into two drives. One of them is about 2gb and usable. The other is set as a write protected cd drive and has about 3.5 gb of drivers/software. I ran across people trying to format them to gain full use of the drive but no one was able to clear the CD partition in the posts I found.

Also, If your usb key is actually blank, I'm interested in buying it.

xarot wrote:
I think at least for some Rampage motherboards the USB appears empty but there is one empty partition and other one with the data? Something with a CD-drive icon.

Nop 😕

BigJohnny
Level 13
You can download updated version on the motherboard website. Whats on the USB is ancient and outdated. Even some of the dirvers that are on the website are outdated.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-VI-EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/

Normally when Im doing a clean install i get the latest drivers and put them on a USB or in my case I have a folder on a non OS drive.

The MEI is old, newest is 1950.14.0.1443.......ASUS website has 1914.12.0.1256 get from station drivers.

There is a thread here for aquantia drivers and firmware update.

The intel Ethernet is also old, newer version on Intel or station drivers

Realtek is old, newer verion on realtek website.

Do not download the turbomax. its discontinued due to vulerabilities.

BigJohnny wrote:
You can download updated version on the motherboard website. Whats on the USB is ancient and outdated. Even some of the dirvers that are on the website are outdated.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-VI-EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/

Normally when Im doing a clean install i get the latest drivers and put them on a USB or in my case I have a folder on a non OS drive.

The MEI is old, newest is 1950.14.0.1443.......ASUS website has 1914.12.0.1256 get from station drivers.

There is a thread here for aquantia drivers and firmware update.

The intel Ethernet is also old, newer version on Intel or station drivers

Realtek is old, newer verion on realtek website.

Do not download the turbomax. its discontinued due to vulerabilities.

Thank you for your reply BigJohnny, I do exactly the same thing that you (station drivers, intel, etc), but for the first time/installation I like to see the list on the original USB key.

At the moment I have a problem, I cannot install the ASMEDIA PILOT, someone has an idea?

RSMAN wrote:
Thank you for your reply BigJohnny, I do exactly the same thing that you (station drivers, intel, etc), but for the first time/installation I like to see the list on the original USB key.

At the moment I have a problem, I cannot install the ASMEDIA PILOT, someone has an idea?

ASMedia support drivers are unnecessary, Windows update installs the appropriate drivers for this.The important drivers to install before connecting the system to the internet are, The Intel Chipset Driver (Install Windows offline disconnected from the internet with a local account) install the intel chipset first otherwise windows update will install a driver chipset too old (this is 10.1.1.38) which will be impossible to update. The other windows update drivers are good and we can complete the updates with the support drivers