cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound problem for ASUS ROG GL504GM

jade_kuro
Level 7
Hello,

My laptop, ASUS ROG GL504GM i7-8750H 4.10 GHz, Coffee Lake, 15.6", Full HD, 144Hz, 3ms, 16GB, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, Windows 10, got a sound problem. The volume changes without me doing anything, from high to low, it comes back for normal for 1 second, then again, it changes. This happens especialy when i play games or listen to music. Did anyone got this problem?
5 REPLIES 5

hexaae
Level 12
It's just a matter of poor drivers (Realtek) + poor sound channels post-processing (Sound Studio by ASUS and NAHIMIC drivers).
If it's a severe issue and not just random channels/audio volume re-adjustment, read here (need to open your laptop etc.): https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?107024-GL504GM-built-in-speaker-volume-fluctuating-loud-so...
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
jade_kuro wrote:
Hello,

My laptop, ASUS ROG GL504GM i7-8750H 4.10 GHz, Coffee Lake, 15.6", Full HD, 144Hz, 3ms, 16GB, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, Windows 10, got a sound problem. The volume changes without me doing anything, from high to low, it comes back for normal for 1 second, then again, it changes. This happens especialy when i play games or listen to music. Did anyone got this problem?

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, please check the link mentioned by hexaae above or consider checking with ASUS repair if you prefer, but just make sure it's a problem they can easily catch if you go this route (if you are able to demonstrate in person, it would probably be better, otherwise provide clear and concise steps to duplicate. It's possible repair may erase your hard drive and reinstall Windows though, so you may also need to make sure the problem is still easily caught after this, or the system may just be sent back to you with a new installation of Windows if repair doesn't see any problems after this).

Also, not sure if this can help since it's for a different model, but check the thread below about disabling other audio controllers in device manager if you want to try this.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117196-Solved-G750JW-Realtek-Audio-Level-Jumping

If you don't mind risking a bios flash, check the GL504GM download site for the 311 bios which was posted on 3/24/20 which may help with some sound issues although not sure if it will help with the one you are seeing.

Thank you very much for the answers guys. I will follow the tips from the links and come back with a follow up.

It worked until now. Thank you guys!

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Thanks for the update!

If possible, can you please share what worked for you?

Did you update the bios or reassemble the speaker?