cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Hub keeps connecting and disconnecting

amadeus1171
Level 7
See the video below of what's happening.

I have been through the RMA process several times in a row because they kept sending me broken motherboards. The original motherboard I RMA'd wouldn't power on at all. The replacement most of the time wouldn't POST and would only randomly work. I had to send this board back twice before they would give me another board. The second replacement gave me this USB port connect/reconnect error. There is nothing connected to this USB port. I really don't want to RMA this board again because it takes about two weeks to get the board back, and from experience, they will not have fixed the issue. And with the number of RMA's I had to go through, I was without my computer for several months. And, oh yeah, the pandemic will cause extra delays.

Has anyone ever see this error? I have tried multiple things, include uninstalling/reinstalling the driver, disabling it in the OS (it still keeps disconnecting and reconnecting), and the only thing that worked was disabling it in the bios.

Here is the video of it disconnecting and reconnecting.
10 REPLIES 10

sov33iet
Level 7
amadeus1171 wrote:
See the video below of what's happening.

I have been through the RMA process several times in a row because they kept sending me broken motherboards. The original motherboard I RMA'd wouldn't power on at all. The replacement most of the time wouldn't POST and would only randomly work. I had to send this board back twice before they would give me another board. The second replacement gave me this USB port connect/reconnect error. There is nothing connected to this USB port. I really don't want to RMA this board again because it takes about two weeks to get the board back, and from experience, they will not have fixed the issue. And with the number of RMA's I had to go through, I was without my computer for several months. And, oh yeah, the pandemic will cause extra delays.

Has anyone ever see this error? I have tried multiple things, include uninstalling/reinstalling the driver, disabling it in the OS (it still keeps disconnecting and reconnecting), and the only thing that worked was disabling it in the bios.

Here is the video of it disconnecting and reconnecting.

Unfortunately I don’t have any advice to convey. I can however offer some solidarity with your plight. I’m in a similar situation . My mobo stopped working over the weekend with a “USB over current status detected” error. I am also at the mercy of ASUS RMA process now....ugghhh.

I watched the video and not sure what is shows

What motherboard ?
Is it same device that disconnects ?
What driver are you installing ?

RedSector73 wrote:
I watched the video and not sure what is shows

What motherboard ?
Is it same device that disconnects ?
What driver are you installing ?

It's a Crosshair VII Hero Wifi

Nothing is plugged in and I'm not trying to install anything. It just randomly disconnect and reconnects the hub.

amadeus1171
Level 7
Hmmm... It might have been a voltage issue.

raju2529
Level 7
amadeus,

i think the intel chipset problem , i am not using your MB . install latest DCH baset chipset driver.
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

amadeus1171
Level 7
It's an AMD.

[QUOTE=amadeus. Sorry' I told I am not using same motherboard. Install latest dch based chipset driver...
Check the problems after booted into safe mode.
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

raju2529 wrote:
[QUOTE=amadeus. Sorry' I told I am not using same motherboard. Install latest dch based chipset driver...
Check the problems after booted into safe mode.

It's an AMD motherboard, not Intel.

cuke2u
Level 8
When I had this with another Asus motherboard I found installing the correct USB 3 drivers cured it
Asus Strix Z390-F, Intel i9 9900k, 32gb Team Group Night Hawk RGB, Corsair ML120 Pro RGB Premium AIO, be quiet! Straight Power 11 650W, AMD Vega 56, Lian Li Alpha 500X RGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe