Level 7
Hello everyone,
Speedfan reports the following temperatures:
GPU - 32C
HDD0 - 32C
HDD1 - 26C
Temp1 (ACPI) - 97C !!!!!!!!!!!
Core 0-3 - between 33 and 35C
The results from HWiNFO confirm that GPU and CPU temperatures are low, while fan speeds are around 5000-5100RPM.

My ACPI sensor is reading 97C even when I just started the laptop. The fans run at all speed all the time.

My ACPI sensor reads 97C on SpeedFan, while everything else is at a normal temperature. Obviously it's impossible for it to be this hot right off the bat, and to absolutely never fluctuate.

I do have a second problem that seems to have occured at the same time that this problem started, so it could either be the trigger or the product of the fault ACPI sensor:
When I boot up the computer, it says: "Error sending end of POST message to ME."

I tried troubleshooting this problem too. ME seems to stand for Management Engine and is related to Intel Management Engine Interface (IMEI, I thought this was a cellphone thing so I might be way off the mark) I did an update of my intel management engine but that doesn't seem to have helped with the error.

I'm mostly concerned about the faulty ACPI sensor reading and my fans running at 100%. If anyone has any ideas, that'd be awesome!

P.S.: The laptop still runs just fine, but the fans are at 100% all the time. Is it still safe to use it? I know it'll wear the fans down, but I need my laptop.
3 REPLIES 3

jdfrench3
Level 12
I would suggest you copy your data to a USB, then format your OS drive and reinstall Windows 7. Use your ASUS Driver DVD to install your original drivers and programs. Then update the laptop to Windows 10 and reinstall your data from the USB.

Here's a copy of the original ASUS Driver DVD:

https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/download/25-windows-7/516-g73jw-treiber-dvd

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
I would suggest you copy your data to a USB, then format your OS drive and reinstall Windows 7. Use your ASUS Driver DVD to install your original drivers and programs. Then update the laptop to Windows 10 and reinstall your data from the USB.

Here's a copy of the original ASUS Driver DVD:

https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/download/25-windows-7/516-g73jw-treiber-dvd

Good Luck

Thank you bro but the same problem without hard disk and windows
(when power on motherboard with cpu and GPU and ram )
I think problem hardware

It's a 10 year old laptop, time to retire it, bro!
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server