cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING - case compatibility ???

empleat
Level 10
Hello,
i don't know why this mobo "ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING" has heatsink high as skyscraper. Is this mobo compatible with Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh ??? I didn't even find height of the heatsink. It doesn't look like there is much space between place where belongs IO shield and rear fan. Didn't find this case compatible on pangoly, but dunno. I really want this case. Also where is m.2 slot ? I read it is on rear where heatsink covering chipset is and i don't understand it. Do you have to unmount chipset heatsink and mount it under or what ?

I would appreciate answer thanks !
2 REPLIES 2

Jesseinsf
Level 10
empleat wrote:
Hello,
i don't know why this mobo "ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING" has heatsink high as skyscraper. Is this mobo compatible with Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh ??? I didn't even find height of the heatsink. It doesn't look like there is much space between place where belongs IO shield and rear fan. Didn't find this case compatible on pangoly, but dunno. I really want this case. Also where is m.2 slot ? I read it is on rear where heatsink covering chipset is and i don't understand it. Do you have to unmount chipset heatsink and mount it under or what ?

I would appreciate answer thanks !

It'll fit the coolermaster case. That heatsink is not any bigger than the height and width of the I/O shield. The coolermaster product page said it fits a Mini ITX case that you are talking about. Just an FYI, this motherboard is very small (hence the Mini ITX form factor)

Thanks for quick reply !

I am glad to hear it, because i read it is problem with some cases. Yeah i am buying ITX on purpose, because it has low DPC latency. Even these tests are relative and it depends on each hw configuration and drivers. These ITX mobos have usually low DPC latency and it is good enough for my i5 9600KF. And ASRock has problem with power usage reporting and over volting ram. I don't want that. Also i heard their BIOS is full of bugs and i had already ASRock Z390 Phantom gaming itx/ac and it had faulty socket level, so i think ASRock is really bad.

Btw where did you find that exactly, i checked site and nothing. There is no motherboard compatibility list, even google and knowledge base found just 1 case 😄