cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What aura hardware are you controlling with Armory Crate?

TheMajekalBum
Level 8
My armory crate has been strange lately. Long story short I think its because Armory Crate, Armory 2, Aura & the Aura Creator program are "fighting over resources"and causing issues. So I'm wanting to eliminate the suspects and just use Armory crate in an attempt to appease the aura sync Gremlin. The only catch is I've noticed the armory crate hardware compatibility list( https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042459 ) is missing 4 items that I own that work with Armory Crate... Spot Light, Throne, Magnus, and PG27UQ monitor. I also have 2 that dont, Spatha & Claymore. Makes me wonder what all hardware actually works and what doesn't since the list is missing items. I'm gonna be doing a fresh install of windows to verify there arn't any left overs from uninstalls causing goofiness once I have my "final set up".

So, what aura hardware you using in Armory Crate? Also anyone using the iOS app?

- What I have that works -
Tuf Gaming x570 Plus (wifi)
G.Skill Ram
Ryuo AIO
Strix RTX 2080 ti
Chakram
Magnus
Throne
Spotlight
PG27UQ

- What I have that Doesn't -
Spatha (replaced with chakram)
Claymore (being replaced with Flare)
Centurion(might replace with an rgb set...not sure whats supposed to be the flagship model the theta or the strix 700?)
iOS app (no connect button appears in armory crate on pc)

- What I have, but havent tested yet -
Thor
Baltus Qi
Aura Terminal
Arion m.2 enclosure
Flare
6 REPLIES 6

drop4205
Level 12
I am in the same boat. I have Aura and armory 2 and was wondering if the armory crate is worth a try and delete the other 2 and have one program. As you say it seems to fight one another
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

At the moment I want to say it seems like its worth it as more of my gear works in Armory Crate than any other aura program. Though it seems all the hardware is divided into three groups(listed above from my experiences so far). Unfortunately I have noticed that simply uninstalling doesn't always seem to remove the entire program. A few aura issues I've only been able to "fix" with a fresh windows install. Obviously wiping out any possible remnants. Next go around its only getting Armory crate, rog 7.1(headset control, no aura sync) & gpu tweak 2(no aura sync). To see if that eliminates my issues, if they persist my plan is to swap the headset for a newer Armory crate compatible set and clear the ROG 7.1 program out. Gonna keep reducing the number of asus/rog apps till everything starts acting right.

Riekopo
Level 9
My motherboard is a Crosshair VI Extreme. I have a Wraith Max CPU cooler. And three 140mm RGB fans from Thermaltake. All of these are compatible with Asus Aura Sync. However, I literally cannot even find the Aura Sync software anywhere anymore. It's not listed on the support page for my mobo. I should be able to control all of this from the BIOS. But if there is software I'd like to try it out.

I forgot I also have the Asus Aura Halo device. Which is a strip of LED lights that are taped onto the back of my monitor and change colors based on the display. However, the Halo software hasn't been updated in two years.

UPDATE!!!!!

Just finished my windows install with only Crate, Rog 7.1, and GPU Tweek2. Also added a Philips Hue Bridge to the mix and plugged the Flare keyboard an Balteus QI mouse pad I mentioned in my first post. All 3 are working in crate as well as everything I mentioned in my first post. At the moment, everything works as expected except the hue bridge color cycle has white in the cycle and that caused the cycle to not be synced, solid colors work perfect though.

Now the third part of the test where I just wait and see if everything keeps working. So far its way better then when I just installed all the aura control programs all "willy nilly". At this point I really want to recommend this to anyone that's having AURA sync issues but I need to wait/test a bit to confirm its the solution. Either way, I've already noticed a massive improvement in the way my aura set up acts.

Riekopo wrote:
My motherboard is a Crosshair VI Extreme. I have a Wraith Max CPU cooler. And three 140mm RGB fans from Thermaltake. All of these are compatible with Asus Aura Sync. However, I literally cannot even find the Aura Sync software anywhere anymore. It's not listed on the support page for my mobo. I should be able to control all of this from the BIOS. But if there is software I'd like to try it out.

I forgot I also have the Asus Aura Halo device. Which is a strip of LED lights that are taped onto the back of my monitor and change colors based on the display. However, the Halo software hasn't been updated in two years.

For your fans, I believe you just plug the RGB plug into the proper (3 vs 4 pin) header, then they are controlled through what ever flavor of aura software that you choose to use. From my experiences I'd say run crate. Once in crate, I can control the RGB headers on the motherboard. I don't think theres a way to control the RGB lighting in the bios, to my knowledge we can only change that through software.

Not sure about the halo/terminal(i think they are the same), I have a terminal but haven't plugged it in yet. Not sure if it will play with armory and I'm extremely hesitant about installing any more aura control software now that I finally have it working as well as I do. If it doesn't work with armory, I'm gonna sell it or stick in a box hoping for an update.

TheMajekalBum wrote:
For your fans, I believe you just plug the RGB plug into the proper (3 vs 4 pin) header, then they are controlled through what ever flavor of aura software that you choose to use. From my experiences I'd say run crate. Once in crate, I can control the RGB headers on the motherboard. I don't think theres a way to control the RGB lighting in the bios, to my knowledge we can only change that through software.

Not sure about the halo/terminal(i think they are the same), I have a terminal but haven't plugged it in yet. Not sure if it will play with armory and I'm extremely hesitant about installing any more aura control software now that I finally have it working as well as I do. If it doesn't work with armory, I'm gonna sell it or stick in a box hoping for an update.

Very keen to know how you get on with the Terminal and Armoury crate, i've just ordered a terminal to use with Armoury Crate and hopefully Aura Creator