cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI Extreme Omega - Memory

Joe45
Level 7
Building a Rampage VI Extreme Omega System. I'm going with the Intel core i9-10940X processor and I'm having trouble find memory. Asus has a QVL for the memory but when I go to a vender to get a part number then go to the list it's not there. When I get a number from the list then go to the venders it's not there. It is very frustrating.

I would Like to spend $200 - $300 to fill all 8 slots. Do I have to buy all 8 as a matched set or can I go 8x1, 4x2, 2x4 modules?

Any help (suggestions) ?

Thank you

P. S. The 8 slots would give me better audio....I think
2 REPLIES 2

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Joe45 wrote:
I'm having trouble find memory.

Do I have to buy all 8 as a matched set or can I go 8x1, 4x2, 2x4 modules.

P. S. The 8 slots would give me better audio....I think

I have the same motherboard, and actually am currently building another system--and so have been looking into specifics. Honestly, I got way too much memory for my Rampage VI Extreme Omega system, and understand that when you have too much unnecessary memory you get a slower boot time. As for how the amount of memory you have contributes to audio, I have no idea how the amount of memory above say 32gb would make any difference.

As for what memory to get, the specs on the Intel page say 2933, so I'd check my QVL list on the support page and go through the list and enter what you want into the Amazon, Newegg, etc searches to find what you need. You don't have to go with 2933 either, but it seems to me I probably would--but if you don't just make sure it matches what's on the QVL list.

As for the kit you want, it is best to get one kit with the specs you want. For example, if you want 32GB of memory, then I'd go with either one kit of 2x16gb (that's two sticks of 16gb per stick) or one kit of 4x8gb. I have installed two kits of exactly the same model number and size (for example, two kits of two of the same sticks of memory), but have read that is not always okay. Also, you cannot mix kits with different specs (for example one kit of 2933 and one of 3200)--if you absolutely have to, and do go against the above advice of getting more than one kit, and say, you get two kits--then the model has to be exactly the same.

Hopefully this helps.

Hi I use on my RAMPAGE 6 OMEGA Corsair kit CMT64GX4M8X3000C15 in all 8 slots and I didn't pay for that no more 350£. And is working absolutely fine.