cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparently there's a new AI Suite 3 version?

Riekopo
Level 9
So apparently there's a new version of AI Suite 3 available V3.00.59. But on my motherboard's support page (Crosshair VI Extreme) there's only V3.00.52. So what's the deal?
4 REPLIES 4

katlani
Level 9
this software's version can actually be different across motherboards, and its not recommended to upgrade unless it was tested under yours - as it might cause instabilities with your system.

katlani wrote:
this software's version can actually be different across motherboards, and its not recommended to upgrade unless it was tested under yours - as it might cause instabilities with your system.

Really? What is hardware specific with the software? It's not firmware.

BigJohnny
Level 13
The chipset is specific. However this is one software I recommend to skip. It has nothing you can’t do from within the BIOS and it can be very problematic especially when trying to OC

BigJohnny wrote:
The chipset is specific. However this is one software I recommend to skip. It has nothing you can’t do from within the BIOS and it can be very problematic especially when trying to OC

Really? I can't find the same fan settings in the BIOS. You sure about that? Also please explain what you mean by "it can be very problematic". I haven't noticed any issues with mine.