cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corsair DDR not showing in Aura sync

Mithras90
Level 7
So I've decided to leave iCue behind and move over to ASUS,
and I was trhilled to find out that Vengeance RGB PRO actually is controllable by ASUS Aura Sync,

however I can't get it to work.

I followed this guide:
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/blog/Enabling-Aura-Sync-Control-for-Your-CORSAIR-RGB-Memory

and downloaded the newest Aura Sync, installed the plugin, and it doesn't work.

I've enabled full software support in iCue, I've installed the plugin, and I've researched evertyhing in Aura Sync.

I've checked that the iCue is the latest version, as with everything else . I've repaired the plugin and restarted the PC about 10 times,
I've remove iCue from autostart and removed the older profiles I had there as I thought that might interfere.

I'm running out of ideas here. Someone pls?

Everything else shows up and works fine (Baltheus Qi, Throne Qi, Scope, Motherboard Z390-F)
8 REPLIES 8

TheMajekalBum
Level 8
I ran the same corsair ram and no matter what I did it wouldn't play ball. Was very buggy for me. Would work perfect for a bit then colors would freeze until a restart was done. Ended up returning the corsair and buying g.skill. It just works as expected without the need to install extra software or drivers outside of armory crate.

TheMajekalBum wrote:
I ran the same corsair ram and no matter what I did it wouldn't play ball. Was very buggy for me. Would work perfect for a bit then colors would freeze until a restart was done. Ended up returning the corsair and buying g.skill. It just works as expected without the need to install extra software or drivers outside of armory crate.

Seems weird to be forced to return it. I basically have an entire Corsair-setup already, maybe I'll just return the Ryujin instead and keep on with the H115i Platinum.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Better using Ique that will now sync up and ASUS MOBO except for addressable headers.*

BigJohnny wrote:
Better using Ique that will now sync up and ASUS MOBO except for addressable headers.*

Icue won't sync with anything else but the motherboard tho, I have all the peripherals from ASUS.

If I can't get this to work, I'll return the Ryujin and switch back to H115i Platinum, and just let iCue control everything inside the chassis and let Aura Sync control peripherals.

What a shame.

Mithras90 wrote:
Icue won't sync with anything else but the motherboard tho, I have all the peripherals from ASUS.

If I can't get this to work, I'll return the Ryujin and switch back to H115i Platinum, and just let iCue control everything inside the chassis and let Aura Sync control peripherals.

What a shame.

Corsair (During Beta testing) had a plugin that you can install so that Aura Sync could control the Vengeance RGB RAM from within Aura Sync. Now their Out-of Beta release turned it around so that the iCue software can control only non- addressable Aura devices. Any Addressable RGB or non Corsair products just freezes and become useless (RGB wise). The issue here is allot of people like to mix and match to their liking. And some people rather not be loyal to one brand. Yes it's true that if you stick with one brand you won't have some of these issues. On the other hand, not being able to control addressable devises and making those RGB devices freeze makes the iCue software a failure. For now, in order to get everything to work properly I have to use both RGB software, but it is important to turn off the "Enable Plugins" feature within the iCue software. I have three RGB controlling software installations from three different manufacturers (ASUS Aura Sync, Razer Synapse 3 and Corsair iCue) and I'm about to have to add a fourth (Lian Li). The more installed lighting services that are installed the more CPU is used (Not good). People want things to just work and these issue here is part of the reason why PC building is not as popular anymore.

I have the same problem and it's very frustrating.

I have Asus Z390-E Strix, latest bios + Corsair RGB Pro CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 2x8Gb DDR4.

I think it used to work perfectly some time ago, before I had to RMA my CMW16GX4M2C3000C15 DDR4 and get CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 instead. I'm pretty sure it used to work and I managed to get it in sync with only just Armoury Crate Aura Sync.

I want to be able to assign a certain RGB pattern for both, motherboard and DDR, so it'd still work even when I restart my PC.
I think it used to work fine with my previous setup, but something has changed now and I can't get it back to work, no matter what I do.

Right now, the situation is: I can control both my motherboard and DRAM with iCue, but as soon as I quit iCue or restart my PC, my motherboard RGB pattern would return back to what was previously assigned in Asus Aura.

Armoury Crate Aura Sync just doesn't detect DRAM in the list of devices, even though I installed that plugin: CORSAIR RGB MEMORY PLUGIN FOR ASUS AURA SYNC from the Corsair website.

So, as for now, I can assign a permanent pattern for Asus MB in Aura, and I can assign a permanent pattern for Corsair DRAM in iCue, but those will be different patterns, and they will go out of sync (as long as it's not static). I want to be able to assign a pattern permanently for my entire system, and I'm unable to do it:
- In Aura, because DRAM is not detected
- In Cue, because MB pattern get reversed as soon as the app is closed

I think it's because the plugin does not work?
I have the latest Armory Crate, latest iCue

I've seen some people reporting that this setup does work, and if I can trust my memory, it used to work for me too, but now it just doesn't.
It looks like a software bug to me.
Any chance this is recognized and ever be fixed? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

aass
Level 7

Same problem everything its updated