cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G752VS screen problem

omeggga
Level 8
Hey.

So... This problem is kicking my arse a bit. I'm not sure if my screen is somehow dented inward (unlikely since the laptop never moves) or if some LED decided it didn't want to work right anymore and wanted me to replace it. I'm sending a couple of pics.

I tried connecting the laptop to an external monitor and the flaw isn't there, as well as shining my phones flashlight in the defective part in search of what may potentially be a bump when the screen is off to no avail.

I'm almost convinced it's a malfunctioning LED, but if so, how do I fix it? And if not, what can it be?
23 REPLIES 23

jdfrench3
Level 12
You either have a bad display or the display to motherboard cable connection needs to be reseated or the cable replaced.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Oh hey! Nice seeing you again!

Anyway, how can I tell apart which of these possibilities is my issue?

omeggga wrote:
Oh hey! Nice seeing you again!

Anyway, how can I tell apart which of these possibilities is my issue?

Well we obviously cant tell you that...you at least need to check the display connector is seated correctly, then its a process of elimination.
If you have no tech knowledge, take it to someone who does.
Then watch and learn ...
G750 -JHA -32GB -256GB SSD -512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO SSD
Windows 8.1...Home Ed.
Latest Kit..Sep 2016
G752-VY-32GB- 2 X 256GB SSD'S + 512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO Windows 10 Home Edition.

UPDATE

Okay so, I got a bit of a stripped screw problem on the chassis. Updates will come when I can solve this and open the laptop...

Oh boy I'ma need a drill.

AAAND I'M BACK, ONLY 6 DAYS LATER AFTER MY LAST POST I TOOK OUT THAT SCREW. On a related note, anyone know where I can buy screws compatible with this laptop that are less likely to strip? Thanks in advance.

Alright, recapping, I tried fiddling around with the bus but to no avail whatsoever. Both on the screen side and the motherboard side the bus seems... perfect, I guess. Maybe I could buy a new one and test that? Where would I buy such a cable though?

Take a look at the post, just below labeled "Help - G752VY-T7049T Replacement Screen Question" and PM Blake@ASUS for a solution to your display issue.

Good Luck
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Take a look at the post, just below labeled "Help - G752VY-T7049T Replacement Screen Question" and PM Blake@ASUS for a solution to your display issue.

Good Luck

Aaah. so we're sure it's not the bus then? alright. I wonder if I can replace this LCD with an LED though, that'd be sweet.

As I stated earlier:

You either have a bad display or the display to motherboard cable connection needs to be reseated or the cable replaced.

So you have contacted Blake@ASUS?

Take your laptop to a local repair shop.

Good Luck
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
As I stated earlier:

So you have contacted Blake@ASUS?

Take your laptop to a local repair shop.

Good Luck

I have contacted Blake@ASUS, they have yet to respond. Also the quarantine is still in effect so... can't go anywhere till may.