cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading G20AJ GPU need help!

HighDarkTemplar
Level 7
Hello everyone soo i have ASUS ROG G20AJ the one that has i7 4790 and gtx 760 and i want to upgrade to RTX 2060 but i realise my modal it came only with 1x6 pin connector and no 1x8 pin connector. Is this specific modal didnt came with one? i cant have any GTX 1060 turbo anymore because it is hard to find nowdays and amazon is selling expensive which requires only 1x6 pin. Unless the 8 pin is already being used inside my the rig.
4 REPLIES 4

raju2529
Level 7
Dont upgrade keep with that in same motherboard.
If you want upgrade GPU purposely, then you must change MB , processor,. RAM module, Cpu coolers, PSU , cabinet
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Ive seen others upgrade their rig with this modal why would i want to change MB, RAM etc2. Others has succesfully upgrade their GPU even with rtx 2060/80 without changing nearly everything and i might be going for gtx 1060. Tho my question was still remains is this particular modal didnt come with a 8 pin connector?

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
HighDarkTemplar wrote:
Hello everyone soo i have ASUS ROG G20AJ the one that has i7 4790 and gtx 760 and i want to upgrade to RTX 2060 but i realise my modal it came only with 1x6 pin connector and no 1x8 pin connector. Is this specific modal didnt came with one? i cant have any GTX 1060 turbo anymore because it is hard to find nowdays and amazon is selling expensive which requires only 1x6 pin. Unless the 8 pin is already being used inside my the rig.

hello, the model that you have will have the GTX 760, it doesn't need power to run that card and takes the power off the pce-i lane, you can get the gtx 1060 turbo but mainly off sites ebay etc.... its easy to upgrade to a TRX 2060, I can you links to the power cables you need, you will also need a 180w power brick and then the RTX 2060, where are you based in the world? its much easier for me to get you the links, I can only get the items off ebay. btw if you came over to my channel and asked on a video then you could have had a answer soon, my videos are on the top of this section forum.

Whoopee

Ahh yes i know you i watched your video on the guide which is very helpful i am commenting on your latest video from now on. its on the gaming channel