cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claymore gaming keys wearing out

spadizzle
Level 7
Asus offer replacement keys? Have the claymore and the darn W key keeps popping off while im gaming. 😞

Really enjoying this keyboard, would hate to have to replace it. 😞
5 REPLIES 5

TheMajekalBum wrote:
Kinda and kinda not....
https://www.amazon.com/ROG-Textured-Side-Lit-Compatible-Switches/dp/B07QGRPGGJ/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&k...

Expensive! I have been gaming a lot given the current climate and the damn pc heats the room up and I sweat some what when PvP'n. Its like the finger decides to stick to the key and yank it off sometimes lol.

Thanks for the feed back. I did purchase them and should be arriving soon.

spadizzle
Level 7
Follow-up: Perfect fix! The new keys do have a grip feel on the surface. What was really nice was that it was noticeably tighter feel when placing the new keys on the board. The old keys just slid right off, not much resistance. New ones took effort to put on and have not had any issues since.

Thanks for your help.

No problem, I've been debating on grabbing a set myself, mine arn't worn out but i kinda like the look of them.

spadizzle
Level 7
No issues with the keys staying on the board, however.

The D key is wearing on the surface. 😞 Not sure if I should say something over amazon and maybe get a replacement or just be thankful that the keys are still working. 😄

Edit: Pictured showing dirt on the Q key, just cleaned it up! lol Also, with the D key, the LED light shows through the top now. 😉

Updated picture: