cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504GW automatically powers down

georgiejr
Level 7
Hi, just got this gaming laptop for my video editing needs last August 2019. I have it plugged to AC (with maximum life for battery option). I haven't used it for a week and just yesterday when I opened up the laptop, it automatically turned on without me pressing on the power button (power LED lighted up), it displayed ROG logo and then automatically shutoff. Looked at the power LED and no light. so waited for a few minutes and with the laptop open, I tried to press on the power button but nothing. closed the lid and then opened it up again and LED light turned white, displayed the ROG log and shutdown again. So last night, removed the charger and this morning, without the charger, opened the lid, LED light on, ROG banner displayed, turned off again. I tested the AC charger and it outputs 19.55V so the charger is working. Don't know what is going on.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

PowerPein
Level 7
georgiejr wrote:
Hi, just got this gaming laptop for my video editing needs last August 2019. I have it plugged to AC (with maximum life for battery option). I haven't used it for a week and just yesterday when I opened up the laptop, it automatically turned on without me pressing on the power button (power LED lighted up), it displayed ROG logo and then automatically shutoff. Looked at the power LED and no light. so waited for a few minutes and with the laptop open, I tried to press on the power button but nothing. closed the lid and then opened it up again and LED light turned white, displayed the ROG log and shutdown again. So last night, removed the charger and this morning, without the charger, opened the lid, LED light on, ROG banner displayed, turned off again. I tested the AC charger and it outputs 19.55V so the charger is working. Don't know what is going on.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,

Probe: connect AC plug, and push 5 sec power button. Probe starting, and fast pressed F2 key and opening BIOS. Can used bios, its good. Well operating system not working.

Hi PowePein.

Unplugged the power cord. Opened the lid, powered and ater 2 secs, shut down. Plugged in AC cord, held down power button about 5 secs and just dead to the water.

I can't bring it to the service center close by, but we are on lock down so can't go out and besides the service center might be closed.

Thank you for the tip.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello geogiejr,
Please kindly send your device to service center .
Thank you.