cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus RT-AX88U lan connection problems.

VIPER
Level 7
Hello,
I'm on my second RT-AX88U since the first one was dropping lan connection to my PC and I've returned it and got a replacement, but since a week ago the new router started doing the same. It randomly disconnects my PC and all other WiFi and lan devices are working fine. I've replated the cable with a brand new CAT6 cable tested with Fluke. I've also changed my lan card to the Aquantia 5G on my motherboard. I even tested with ASUS 10Gb Lan card and the onboard Intel 219 but the problem persists.

I'm not using AiProtection, Adaptive QoS, Traffic Analyzer and Game Accelerator features. I also disabled the Jumbo Frames.

I really live the RT-AX88U, because of the 8 lan ports, but this is getting very annoying. I'm also using ports 1 and 2 in Link Aggregation to my NAS and my PC is attached on port 3. I also have 2 IP cameras and another PC attached with cables to the router. I'm using the latest firmware on the router and did a reset already, but that did not change anything.

Edit: Here is the system log from the router:

Apr 17 15:43:53 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) (phyId: 9) Link DOWN.
Apr 17 15:43:56 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) (phyId: 9) Link UP at 1000 mbps full duplex
Apr 17 15:45:20 miniupnpd[1563]: HTTP Connection from 192.168.0.73 closed unexpectedly
11 REPLIES 11

MiLoG
Level 7
hi

i have problems with Asus RT-AC88U with last firmware
LAN speed is broken... Download speed is broken 5Mbit, but Upload speed is fine 500Mbit.

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.81116 is LAN fine
Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.81790 is LAN broken
Firmware version 3.0.0.4.385.20457 is still LAN broken

Donwload LAN stability is awful...

I do must downgrade firmware back from 3.0.0.4.385.20457 to 3.0.0.4.384.81116

OK i tested my notebook with killer LAN and Wi-Fi and both works fine.
Wi-fi intel on motherbvoard also working just fine.

I have trouble only with Intel(R) Ethernet card I219-V , reduced download speed and packet losses (upload speed is fine ) on my ASUS Maximus XI hero (Wi-Fi) with latest driver 12.18.9.20 (03.02.2020), i try also older drivers but problem remain..

Now i try advice from intel Disabling TCP-IPv6 Checksum Offload Capability with Intel® 1/10 GbE Controllers

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27263/Disabling-TCP-IPv6-Checksum-Offload-Capability-with-...

i finaly solved this LAN problem in Windows 10.
I do reset Network in Windows 10 and now LAN is stable without packet lost.

My current problem with the latest firmware RT-AX88U is because every single time I want to restart my router all my previous configuration is lost

wilsondenq
Level 10
VIPER wrote:
Hello,
I'm on my second RT-AX88U since the first one was dropping lan connection to my PC and I've returned it and got a replacement, but since a week ago the new router started doing the same. It randomly disconnects my PC and all other WiFi and lan devices are working fine. I've replated the cable with a brand new CAT6 cable tested with Fluke. I've also changed my lan card to the Aquantia 5G on my motherboard. I even tested with ASUS 10Gb Lan card and the onboard Intel 219 but the problem persists.

I'm not using AiProtection, Adaptive QoS, Traffic Analyzer and Game Accelerator features. I also disabled the Jumbo Frames.

I really live the RT-AX88U, because of the 8 lan ports, but this is getting very annoying. I'm also using ports 1 and 2 in Link Aggregation to my NAS and my PC is attached on port 3. I also have 2 IP cameras and another PC attached with cables to the router. I'm using the latest firmware on the router and did a reset already, but that did not change anything.

Edit: Here is the system log from the router:

Apr 17 15:43:53 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) (phyId: 9) Link DOWN.
Apr 17 15:43:56 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) (phyId: 9) Link UP at 1000 mbps full duplex
Apr 17 15:45:20 miniupnpd[1563]: HTTP Connection from 192.168.0.73 closed unexpectedly

Hi

Please use feedback mail function in administration, we can check your logs, please also provide your email via private message, we can query your log from our server.

and btw, which lan port on ax88u you used?

Thanks.

I am also having issues with these firmware versions on my RT-88U connected to my synology DS918+ NAS. The NAS is connected via link aggregation to ports 1 and 2 and seemingly gets disconnected at random times.

When a disconnect happens:

• The port link speed displays as still connected
  • The NAS appears in the connected devices list
  • The router can't even ping the NAS until either a router restart or physically re-plugging in the ethernet cables

This issue is seemingly linked to the latest firmware when link aggregation is enabled across multiple products.

slingswish
Level 7
I have the same issue lan connection keep dropping off and often need to restart the router.
It seems that Asus quality dropped so much these days.*
Tried Zenwifi XT facing same issue for Lan connection.*

420Assassin
Level 9
maybe try disabling poiwer saving features. set pc to performance
Settings > System > Power & Sleep the click Additional power settings under Related settings on the right hand side.

I have the same problem. Every now and theny pc cannot retrieve an ip. Also static ip doesnt work. Only solution is restart this c r ap product over and over again. Meanwhile my kids and wive get disconnected during teamscall or schoollessons. We need a trustworthy router for work. And asus is not one of them.

Solve your bull**** router problems

We should contact a third party for asus not delivering what the promised.
Its like i take your money and you get whats half worth the price.. looks like a case for a judge because of the money we lose each time my work is blocked and lost by the asus product