cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII hero with Ryzen 3900x: 128GB ram?

Mikay
Level 7
I have a pc with a Ryzen 3900x with the crosshair hero motherboard.
I use it for gaming, but also content creation. The use case that requires the most ram are my orchestral sample libraries which I use for composing.
The software Vienna Ensemble Pro allows you to distribute your samples over several PC'S, however, I would like to avoid that.

That's why I think about buying 128Gb of Ram. Unfortunately, there is no 128GB Ram kit on the QVL list.
Are there any recommendations?

Would two of these kits an option?
VENGEANCE-LPX CMK64GX4M2A2400C16

Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Mikay wrote:
I have a pc with a Ryzen 3900x with the crosshair hero motherboard.
I use it for gaming, but also content creation. The use case that requires the most ram are my orchestral sample libraries which I use for composing.
The software Vienna Ensemble Pro allows you to distribute your samples over several PC'S, however, I would like to avoid that.

That's why I think about buying 128Gb of Ram. Unfortunately, there is no 128GB Ram kit on the QVL list.
Are there any recommendations?

Would two of these kits an option?
VENGEANCE-LPX CMK64GX4M2A2400C16

Thank you!

128GB bins aren't in abundance and better suited to workstation platforms over mainstream. If combining kits be aware overclocking range will be limited, especially with 64-128GB. The kits you have linked should be fine at default operating frequency. Memory kits are binned in the density at which they are sold in, so there is no guarantee XMP/DOCP will work without instability.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Great, thank you for your response!