cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G531GW Sudden refresh rate changing

JonTeoh
Level 7
Hi, I bought my first gaming laptop, Scar 3 G531GW about last 2 months.

Recently, I've encounter an issue with the monitor display. I normally game on my laptop will it is charging.When charging, my monitor on my laptop will change from 60hz to 240hz with a short black screen interval.

After closing a game or when i tab out of a game, my monitor will switch from 240hz to 60hz at desktop, and back to 240hz when in game.(This all provided while the laptop is still on charging mode).

Also, I used to not have this problem, but now, when changing 240hz back to 60hz, there is a black screen transition which did not used to happen before.

Before all this happened, there was a window update, and nvidia driver update (which I did a clean install).

Is there any fix for this or is it a "problem" at all?
5 REPLIES 5

jdfrench3
Level 12
Do you have NVIDIA GeForce Experience program installed? If not, install this program. Once installed, it will run upon startup. Run the program and update your NVIDIA driver using the GeForce Experience program.

Try that and share results.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

I already have NVIDIA Geforce Experience Installed. This issued happened after the i updated to the latest driver with the clean install option. After that, i did a reinstall but through the express installation method but still the same issue.

Thats great!

Try to reinstall the NVIDIA driver from the ASUS Download Center page or from your eSupport Folder.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/DriverforWin10/VGA/VGA_NVIDIA_DCH_ROG_W10_64_V2621144112...
Homebuilt Windows Server

Just wondering.

I have read up some articles online, as clean install of NVIDIA drivers reset the settings.

Will the sudden changing of refresh rate caused by some settings. Or it is solely caused by the drivers?

You stated problem occured after you clean installed NVIDIA driver. So I'm guessing you have a driver problem. No?

Can you perform a recovery (page 71 in your User's Manual)?
Homebuilt Windows Server