cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asua aura does not recognize motherboard

miloszecevic
Level 7
Hi guys,

I went to Armoury Crate software for my Asus Motherboard Z390E (brand new) and clicked update and updated all asus software. From that update, my asus aura and armoury crate does not recognize motherboard. I can change lights to light strip, graphic card, ram and on my ARGB header. My motherboard light is not lit anymore and my fan on cpu which is connected to RGB header is constant white. I cannot access to it. I tried to go to bios to turn on and off aura, but useless, motherboard is still not lit and RBG header always give white light. My motherboard is ASUS ROG STRIX Z390E and I also tried to reinstall softwere, no use. I think some ASUS HAL service ASUS AURA service update broke the thing. This is what is installed and broke it:

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 2.6.14.0
ROG Live Service 1.0.24.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.03.95
Armoury Crate lite service 2.6.14
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.2
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.17
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.61
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.8
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.3.11.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.50
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.32
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.53
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.1.2
AacAudioHal 1.02.12
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.21
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.39
ENE RGB HAL 1.00.12
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42 1.00.02
ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL 1.00.05
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.02
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.2.0
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.00.05
Patriot Viper RGB 1.00.08

Do you have idea what to do and how to get in control of RGB headear and motherboard?

Rgds
8 REPLIES 8

BillBittel
Level 12
Maybe try RESET CMOS or totally unplug from power, remove & re-install battery.

Enderwiggin03
Level 7
Can't use Crate and Aura at the same time.

did we find a solution guys? i have the same mobo and problems....

Brand new to the forums... and just started getting into RGB and have lost so much sleep and hair the last two days because it seems like I've had this problem for more than a year without noticing it. Somehow, I got my Z390-E to be recognized by Aura ONCE last night, but then when I turned on my PC again this morning it's lost the ability to sync again... I'm on 1.07.79 though so no idea when this thread was first started. No Armoury Crate involved. Insane number of uninstalls/reinstalls and even removing all other software that may be conflicting like iCUE/RGB Fusion. Sad that ASUS' own motherboard can't be seen by their own software... 😞

I fixed the problem by uninstalling Armoury Crate, cutting (switching off) the power supply for 10+ minutes, then reinstalled. Now everything's detected and works as intended again. Apparently, there are Aura settings stored on the mainboard that will only be reset if the board runs out of power. Hope this helps.

sharkdi
Level 7
Hi guys i just got the same problem on my z370 maximus x here but i manege to fix it by removing
all of the arrmory things they re-installing it and check for update in the app and install them you should see a mobo html update install it i even when for a shutdown and swich off PSU and then turn back on every thing was working normal hope this help

jbsgtr
Level 7
miloszecevic wrote:
Hi guys,

I went to Armoury Crate software for my Asus Motherboard Z390E (brand new) and clicked update and updated all asus software. From that update, my asus aura and armoury crate does not recognize motherboard. I can change lights to light strip, graphic card, ram and on my ARGB header. My motherboard light is not lit anymore and my fan on cpu which is connected to RGB header is constant white. I cannot access to it. I tried to go to bios to turn on and off aura, but useless, motherboard is still not lit and RBG header always give white light. My motherboard is ASUS ROG STRIX Z390E and I also tried to reinstall softwere, no use. I think some ASUS HAL service ASUS AURA service update broke the thing. This is what is installed and broke it:

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 2.6.14.0
ROG Live Service 1.0.24.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.03.95
Armoury Crate lite service 2.6.14
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.2
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.17
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.61
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.8
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.3.11.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.50
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.32
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.53
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.1.2
AacAudioHal 1.02.12
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.21
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.39
ENE RGB HAL 1.00.12
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42 1.00.02
ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL 1.00.05
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.02
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.2.0
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.00.05
Patriot Viper RGB 1.00.08

Do you have idea what to do and how to get in control of RGB headear and motherboard?

Rgds

Hi,

In "regedit" delete all records from "ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL". After deleting all records your motherboard will appear automatically.

W_ill
Level 8

Had the same problem. What solved it for me was to disable Aura Lighting in BIOS, launch the uninstaller through Ashampoo Uninstaller (which carries out an in-depth removal once the "official" uninstaller completes it's work, say "no" if it offers reboot), then shut down system and switch off your power supply for 10+ minutes.
When you power up again, enable the lighting in BIOS, and then install Armoury Crate again once system stable. It then immediately detected my mainboard again, and the smart control by CPU temp option reappeared as well.

I am using an ROG Crosshair VI Hero mainboard, ROG Ryujin AIO watercooler and a TUF K1 Keyboard.