cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Update Sonic Suite Plugins

BIGBushido
Level 7
Today, I got a notification that I have to install the latest update for Sonic Suit Plugins ver 2.4.16.

Whenever I try to update, I keep getting the error that my audio drivers are obsolete. I went to device manager and checked through every audio driver I had and they were all up to date so I am not sure what is even the problem.
10 REPLIES 10

mintys1
Level 7
yeah I had the same also
G750 -JHA -32GB -256GB SSD -512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO SSD
Windows 8.1...Home Ed.
Latest Kit..Sep 2016
G752-VY-32GB- 2 X 256GB SSD'S + 512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO Windows 10 Home Edition.

Me too. How do we install this?

Me too, can't find anything else than this forum thread ^^

mintys1
Level 7
BIGBushido wrote:
Today, I got a notification that I have to install the latest update for Sonic Suit Plugins ver 2.4.16.

Whenever I try to update, I keep getting the error that my audio drivers are obsolete. I went to device manager and checked through every audio driver I had and they were all up to date so I am not sure what is even the problem.

I repaired it by unnstalling audio driver and sonic suite, run cccleaner and then reinstalled the drivers from the Asus download page for your model laptop.
Works perfectly now....
G750 -JHA -32GB -256GB SSD -512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO SSD
Windows 8.1...Home Ed.
Latest Kit..Sep 2016
G752-VY-32GB- 2 X 256GB SSD'S + 512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO Windows 10 Home Edition.

Ok, so the version of the driver on the Asus support page is actually out of date 🤦🏽*♂️, so you have to download the latest RealTek HD Audio Codec driver from Realtek directly instead of Asus:

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-softw...

Then the ASUS live update will install and work. I think ASUS need to update their own driver page.

DeanoV6 wrote:
Ok, so the version of the driver on the Asus support page is actually out of date ����*♂️, so you have to download the latest RealTek HD Audio Codec driver from Realtek directly instead of Asus:

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-softw...

Then the ASUS live update will install and work. I think ASUS need to update their own driver page.

It is true that installing this driver allows the Sonic Suite update to work. Unfortunately this solution has significant problems.

Version R2.82 ha a fairly significant bug in that for many Windows 10 users (i.e. most of us these days) it no longer allows you to run the Realtek HD Audio Manager application. In turn this means that the laptop is no longer able to dynamically reassign inputs/outputs (i.e. it does not ask you what you have plugged in - this means that you cannot for example plug in a 5.1 speaker system that uses the port labelled Microphone input as the subwoofer output).

Also, in my experience with this driver, voice chat with friends (using headphones, so not getting any feedback from the speakers) was echoey, as if the driver was applying a cathedral soundscape. And as the driver has no controls, I was unable to turn this effect off.

I therefore went back to the driver on the ASUS download page. Uninstalling the newer realtek driver, and reinstalling the old version seems to have fixed my audio problems, but now whenever my machine boots, I get an error from Sonic Suite stating "Error on Audio Driver Check, please verify version of Audio Driver."

The solution for me (which I found here: https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-realtek-hd-audio-manager-missing-windows-10/) was to go back one further driver version - R2.81, which is no longer available on the Realtek site, but is available to download elsewhere, e.g. https://filehippo.com/download_realtek_high_definition_audio_vista_64/2.81/

This is recent enough to pass Sonic Suite's driver version check, but still allows Realtek HD Audio Manager to load correctly.

But frankly Asus really needs to sort this out. The Sonic Suite update was listed as Critical in live update - which is presumably only reserved for serious problems such as security risks or stability problems. If so, then it is up to Asus to ensure that the dependencies - in this case an updated version of the Realtek driver - are installed at the same time. And they need to install a version of the Realtek driver that maintains key functionality - i.e. not the buggy R2.82 release.

SteveBryce wrote:
It is true that installing this driver allows the Sonic Suite update to work. Unfortunately this solution has significant problems.
[...]
The solution for me (which I found here: https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-realtek-hd-audio-manager-missing-windows-10/) was to go back one further driver version - R2.81, which is no longer available on the Realtek site, but is available to download elsewhere, e.g. https://filehippo.com/download_realtek_high_definition_audio_vista_64/2.81/

This is recent enough to pass Sonic Suite's driver version check, but still allows Realtek HD Audio Manager to load correctly.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I have a used ROG G752VY that I have been struggling to get decent sound on since I got it three months ago. I knew Sonic Suite was the "key", but couldn't find a version that would work with the drivers I found on this site.

You provided the perfect solution. Now I can finally HEAR my games right. Wow! What a difference. You rock!

SteveBryce wrote:

Version R2.82 ha a fairly significant bug in that for many Windows 10 users (i.e. most of us these days) it no longer allows you to run the Realtek HD Audio Manager application. In turn this means that the laptop is no longer able to dynamically reassign inputs/outputs (i.e. it does not ask you what you have plugged in - this means that you cannot for example plug in a 5.1 speaker system that uses the port labelled Microphone input as the subwoofer output).

Also, in my experience with this driver, voice chat with friends (using headphones, so not getting any feedback from the speakers) was echoey, as if the driver was applying a cathedral soundscape. And as the driver has no controls, I was unable to turn this effect off.

I therefore went back to the driver on the ASUS download page. Uninstalling the newer realtek driver, and reinstalling the old version seems to have fixed my audio problems, but now whenever my machine boots, I get an error from Sonic Suite stating "Error on Audio Driver Check, please verify version of Audio Driver."

But frankly Asus really needs to sort this out. The Sonic Suite update was listed as Critical in live update - which is presumably only reserved for serious problems such as security risks or stability problems. If so, then it is up to Asus to ensure that the dependencies - in this case an updated version of the Realtek driver - are installed at the same time. And they need to install a version of the Realtek driver that maintains key functionality - i.e. not the buggy R2.82 release.

Nice Work Buddy!

nealmed
Level 7
BIGBushido wrote:

\\Having the exact same issue.