cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair Hero VIII PCIE problem

fredepf
Level 7
Hello .

I have a Crosshair Hero VIII . Bios 1302,Ryzen 9 3950X (No Bend pin), RX5700XT, 32gig corsair vengeance.
I am unable to run my video card in the upper slot at PCIE 4.0 16X
The card run at PCIE 4.0 8x .
All other slot are empty, i have 1 nvme m.2 ssd 1 tb in the upper slot.
but thats it...

I set evething in the bios but it show the PCIE1_16x at Native 8X .
I RMA the Board and got a new one and the problem are still there.

Any idea?
Thanks for your Help
28 REPLIES 28

fortiscrew1
Level 7
Please check chapter 3 (3-17) of your manual; PCIEX16/X8_1 Mode. Configure this option to Gen 4.If this does not work for you then send your full hardware specs.

Best Regards,
Fortiscrew.

fortiscrew1 wrote:
Please check chapter 3 (3-17) of your manual; PCIEX16/X8_1 Mode. Configure this option to Gen 4.If this does not work for you then send your full hardware specs.

Best Regards,
Fortiscrew.

It's alerady set at gen 4.

Ryzen 9 3950X
Asus Crosshair Hero VIII
32 Gig Corsair Vengeace Pro RGB 3600
Powercolor RX 5700XT Red Devil
Corsair RM850
Thermaltake Core P3
CGA PCIE Riser For PCIE 4.0 16X In First ( ALerady try to put vga direct in 1 PCIE SLot )

You have not listed your HDDs. I need to know if you have any M.2 HDD, PCIE/SATA.

fortiscrew1 wrote:
You have not listed your HDDs. I need to know if you have any M.2 HDD, PCIE/SATA.

1 SSD m.2 1tb WD 2280

Good day. Your setup seems to be okay inherent problems. The video card should run at 16X. Have you tested the system with another video card. I read a couple reviews on newegg of your video card and a number of reviewers seem to be having issues.

Best Regards,
Fortiscrew.

fortiscrew1 wrote:
Good day. Your setup seems to be okay inherent problems. The video card should run at 16X. Have you tested the system with another video card. I read a couple reviews on newegg of your video card and a number of reviewers seem to be having issues.

Best Regards,
Fortiscrew.

No i didn't try another card.
i will try another video card and check and come you back.

Thanks

fortiscrew1 wrote:

Best Regards,
Fortiscrew.

Try the 5700XT in another computer and the car work at PCIE 3.0 16X

But in my Computer the card don't work at 16x

Is bios version 1302 the only one you have used? At this point in time there is no game that can saturate PCIE Gen 3.0 at 16X moreover PCIE Gen 4.0 at 16x.
It could be a case where the bios has not matured to that level. Nevertheless, it is about 1 year since the X570 motherboards have been released. Asus Tech needs to get their act together. I hope it will work eventually.

Best Regards,
Fortiscrew.

BTW, it might be a case where the motherboard is not getting sufficient power. I suggest that you check if both the ATX 24 Pin and 8 pin are connected. If this does not make a difference try a different PSU.

Best Regards,
Fortiscrew.