cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Maximus XI extreme keep restarting

oCOMM4NDOo
Level 7
ASUS Maximus XI extreme keep restarting after 1hr of game play
So i have built this new PC about 6 months ago and still can't fix the restarting it does when i am playing games. i have sent ti back to the place of i got it from they say it is all working and nothing worng.
I have tryed reinstalling everything and stoped all the overclocks but same that the max temp my PC got to when i have it overclocked was GPU at 61c to 65c at 2000MHz and CPU at 64 to 69c at 5GHz at max load for 1hr and no restart but once i start a game up about 40min to 1hr of gaming the PC well just restart with no warning. I n now have got the pc raning at full stock standed settings and still doing thhe same thing.
The only time the PC has not restarted in game play was when i used my backup ASRock Z390 Taichi Motherboard and that works no restarts at all runs realy good but once i move it all back over to the ASUS Maximus XI extreme the restarts start back up only when i am playing games.
any thoughts or suggestionns to fix this problem?

specs of the PC:
ASUS Maximus XI extreme
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Advanced 11GB
Intel Core i9 9900K Processor
ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum PSU
Samsung 970 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB
Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SATA SSD 2TB
2x G.Skill Trident Z Royal F4-3600C19D-32GTRS (2x16GB) DDR4 Silver [for 64GB of ram]
NZXT Kraken X72 360mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case
Windows 10 pro
1 REPLY 1

Leor19
Level 7
Anyone get back to you on this? I have a similar set up...so to speak. Its all water cooled. I had been running without issue and recently added a second 2080 and at full load i cant go much longer than 5 hours without some random restart. have your tried running the XI Extreme with another PSU?