cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LightingService.exe causing 5 % CPU load:

revealed
Level 9
Hello.

I have never noticed that this process was causing such high CPU load that my Core i9 would not get to idle until i kill this process. That is not normal?
Windows 10 1909 (Build 18363.778)
Armoury Crate 2.6.14.0 (Up to date)

Let me know what you need to know pls.

Thx for help!

Greetings,

R
24 REPLIES 24

BillBittel
Level 12
People have been complaining about this for literally years. The more complex patterns make CPU use go up to way higher CPU use than such a thing should. If you change to Static or Breathing, CPU should drop way down. Great isn't it?

Hey,

Thx for the reply. I did not notice this CPU load peak before a few day ago when the software received an update. I'm honestly too lazy trying downgrade it. Actually yea i switched from static to something more animated. That is the reason maybe. Actually .... yea great! 0o

Thx

If you have multiple Aura programs they might be fighting over the lighting service. I just did a fresh windows install with only armory crate, rog7.1, & gputweek2 in an effort to fix all my aura issues. So far, all my aura is working prefect! Just checked cpu usage and its sitting at 1% steady with starry night on, then bounces between 0-1% on static color, I got a Ryzen 3900X and on latest winwdows/crate. For reference, I'm controlling 11 aura sync items on my desktop. Gonna be 15 once I redo the room set up.

Now im curious again. Im only controlling the mainboard and a lian li power cord RAM and my case... by far less devices than you. And i have Armoury Crate only. -_- Could you tell me please. Is the Aura creator working for you? That thing just shuts off my RGB. Btw i did not reinstall any windows fresh since Windows Vista. This is no option. Rather i clean that mess manually.

Thx, Greetings.

PS.: Im not sure. But nowadays CPU cores are so powerful. It might also being that process really going amok and my cpu coping quite nicely with it.
PPS.: I tryed around a bit. So i ended up just killing the task. And then i launched armoury crate. So armoury crate started the process again and now it sits at less than 1 % upon reboot. Something is faulty with that programme. Also it is using like 2 MB less in RAM. After killing and launch through crate.

The programs I listed are the only programs on my computer right now. Doing a fresh windows install was the only way I was able to fully remove remnants from other aura programs I tried and uninstalled. I don't use Aura creator and I don't want to install it to check. I suspect that having more then one program controlling the lighting causes issues, even when not open at the same time. Right now I only have crate controlling lighting(after a fresh win10 install) and everything is working perfectly for the first time!

Ok, no problem. The lighting service depends on DCOM Server-Processstart, RPC and Windows Audio service. Somehow i think it might play together since sonic studio is making issues since last update that i received passively:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117593-Sonic-Studio-3-3-16-8-0-and-Forza-Horizon-4-incompa...

I just can hope they look into that. Also i feel like i havent received updates for my mainboard from ASUS since december. I do not count that winrar. 20h1 is coming. Maybe they do something for it.

Greetings,

The ROG 7.1 software comes bundled with Sonic Studio Pro and it doesn't seem to be causing any issues on my system. I reinstalled all my software last night and everything is still working 100%. unlike all my past attempts.

Bios update? Crate never told me about the update for my motherboard, I had to find/download it from the support page. Crate said it was up to date but it was actually 2 versions behind. Maybe finding/applying that update will help out, maybe not.

I hate to say it but I suspect you have old aura files/registy entries fighting with new aura files/registry entries. Unless you know where those files or entries are, I'm afraid to say your stuck with wiping the system to clear them out.

Maybe create a new partition on your drive, do a clean windows install with crate and see what happens. If it works, consider doing a back up and refresh your machine or if it doesn't work, just delete the partition and carry on.

What is 7.1 software`? I see our systems seem to be too different. I receive the Sonic studio UWP app from the driver installer for my soundcard. Then it gets update through windows store. Armoury crate has its own updater. It is up to date tho. 84708

"ROG 7.1" is the drivers/control software for the Centurion headset. I downloaded it directly from the asus/rog driver support site. Required to get the 7.1 surround sound to work in the headset.

I bet windows updated sonic studio to a new version thats bugged. I'd roll back to an older version of sonic studio, stop using the Microsoft store version, and turn off auto updates for sonic studio if it has any.