CaseTUF GAMING GT301
    Power SupplyASUS TUF GAMING BRONZE 650W
    Keyboard TUF GAMING K1
    Mouse TUF GAMING M3
    Headset/Speakers Cambridge Works PC
    OS Win 11 Pro 21H2 22000.652
    Accessory #1 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.652.0

Quote Originally Posted by JcRabbit View Post
    Do you work for Asus, Jimbo? Clearly all you ever seem to do is pin the blame on users instead of the software itself lol.
    you read something into that I did not write my friend. I didnt blame the user, I noted that the cu usage was not normal. The causes of not normal may not be easily determined or corrected or may be impossible to remedy on certain combinations of hw/sw. that doesnt mean it becomes normal. I hope that clears this up.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Jimbo93 PC Specs
    Jimbo93 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ABS Master Gaming PC
    MotherboardASUS Prime B560M-A AC
    ProcessorINTEL i5 10400F
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-16GVKB x 2
    Graphics Card #1ASUS DUAL-RTX3060TI-O8G-V2
    Sound CardRealTek HD
    MonitorSAMSUNG 40" LCD
    Storage #1INTEL 660p NVMe SSD PEKNW512GB
    CPU CoolerTHERMALTAKE UX100 ARGB
    CaseTUF GAMING GT301
    Keyboard TUF GAMING K1
    Mouse TUF GAMING M3

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo93 View Post
    you read something into that I did not write my friend. I didnt blame the user, I noted that the cu usage was not normal. The causes of not normal may not be easily determined or corrected or may be impossible to remedy on certain combinations of hw/sw. that doesnt mean it becomes normal. I hope that clears this up.
    On the rest of your comments where you erroneously claim that one should expect there to be a "big" meaning over 1% difference on cpu usage with armoury crate with different effects selected... It is not the case. No sir the cause of that is an armoury crate not functioning as intended. But it is you who will read that and say he is blaming the user again!

There is more than one post where I theorize about bugs in the software. I just dont rant about it like others do. Seriously, Have a nice day/evening depending your time zone. Maybe I share a video demo, but no, that wouldnt really help right? No matter what it showed.

Every debate is better with facts. Here are some facts on this video, the armoury crate app was used to sync all devices including aura wallpaper to the strobing effect, its just one color, but its more complex than static. The app is then closed as it would take some cpu activity but I wasnt interested in that measurement. I use resource monitor to show processes in descending order of cpu activity. I use Process Explorer 3 instances to focus in on some of the armoury crate processes. You can see the wallpaper strobing. You have to take my word on the keyboard, mouse and 2 ARGB headers connected to fans.

The point of showing the video is to show what the software can do assuming no significant performance bugs in the software and device software used. And no significant conflicts involving the OS and software configuration. System specs in my profile. This is on win 11.

Last edited by Jimbo93; 01-09-2022 at 03:22 AM. Reason: add video and ddescription

ROG Enthusiast Array

As I said, just because the software works for YOUR particular hardware/effects configuration, doesn't mean the software isn't to blame when faced with a different configuration on another user's system. And I'll add more to that: the software OR the hardware.

You keep sending users on a wild goose chase for configuration/installation errors every time someone reports a problem, and that is what I have an issue with (we met before on another thread).

I just enabled the strobe effect on a ROG Maximus XI Formula motherboard and Lightning service immediately jumped to 3.3% CPU usage (which is basically 50% usage of one core on my Intel 9900K).

The only devices being synced in Armory Crate are the motherboard (with two ARGB Gen1 headers - I noticed your motherboard has Gen2 headers, IF that makes a difference - and two RGB headers) and four sticks of Gskill TridentZ RAM.

I unsynced the RAM and guess what? LigthningService STOPPED using 3.3% of the CPU and Aac3572mbHal_x86 took its place but ONLY taking about 0.8% CPU usage instead. Quite the difference.

As you can see, high CPU usage is not necessarily a software configuration issue. Most of the time it is actually a hardware issue (or a combination of hardware/software issues).

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Jimbo93 PC Specs
    Jimbo93 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ABS Master Gaming PC
    MotherboardASUS Prime B560M-A AC
    ProcessorINTEL i5 10400F
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-16GVKB x 2
    Graphics Card #1ASUS DUAL-RTX3060TI-O8G-V2
    Sound CardRealTek HD
    MonitorSAMSUNG 40" LCD
    Storage #1INTEL 660p NVMe SSD PEKNW512GB
    CPU CoolerTHERMALTAKE UX100 ARGB
    CaseTUF GAMING GT301
    Keyboard TUF GAMING K1
    Mouse TUF GAMING M3

Quote Originally Posted by JcRabbit View Post
    As I said, just because the software works for YOUR particular hardware/effects configuration, doesn't mean the software isn't to blame when faced with a different configuration on another user's system. And I'll add more to that: the software OR the hardware.

You keep sending users on a wild goose chase for configuration/installation errors every time someone reports a problem, and that is what I have an issue with (we met before on another thread).

I just enabled the strobe effect on a ROG Maximus XI Formula motherboard and Lightning service immediately jumped to 3.3% CPU usage (which is basically 50% usage of one core on my Intel 9900K).

The only devices being synced in Armory Crate are the motherboard (with two ARGB Gen1 headers - I noticed your motherboard has Gen2 headers, IF that makes a difference - and two RGB headers) and four sticks of Gskill TridentZ RAM.

I unsynced the RAM and guess what? LigthningService STOPPED using 3.3% of the CPU and Aac3572mbHal_x86 took its place but ONLY taking about 0.8% CPU usage instead. Quite the difference.

As you can see, high CPU usage is not necessarily a software configuration issue. Most of the time it is actually a hardware issue (or a combination of hardware/software issues).
    My intention is not to send users on a water fowl errand. I only started using this system and software in October. My first experience with it was very unpleasant. If I hadnt succeeded after much work in resolving issues I wouldn't be sharing jack s___. I have modified any tips I give and the caveats as more is learned. I have conceded no solution when its apparent. So I think I have been pretty balanced. And if I had an effect on discussions about the software has to be good right? Because most of what I saw prior was a bunch of nastiness and bull****. Who should be more embarassed the complainer or the asus employee sometimes I wonder. Of course I also understand the frustration. I thought the computer was possessed there at first failed install. And no, I don't think that was acceptable.

I feel like your data above about cpu usage is probably indicating "SOME" kind of issue. In other words I think there is a possibility the actual software engineers who really know would say the same. Only an educated guess. My RGB devices are not gen 2, board detects only gen 1.

Your post about me was pretty much uncalled for. All this concern when you are hardly involved. Yeah I remember have a brief trading of posts and IIRC you were rude.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo93 View Post
    Yeah I remember have a brief trading of posts and IIRC you were rude.
    You know, perception works both ways. You kept dismissing what I was saying based solely on your own experience at the time (until other users joined in confirming what I was claiming), so I'm glad you appear to have a more balanced attitude now.

People like me are frustrated with ASUS because - unlike you who only started using the software in October - we have been enduring these type of issues FOR YEARS (and that is literally how long we have been enduring this). We know what we are talking about.

Not only was the previous Win32 version of Aura Sync barely functional despite being in development for YEARS, as it was then replaced with UWP bloatware that has even LESS functionality than the previous Win32 version. When all you want is to properly control a handful of lights so you have a nice looking system (as we were promised), this is pretty infuriating.

Now I can't even specify separate solid colors for individual motherboard zones, nor control RGB and ARGB headers individually. Giant step backwards into what was an already frustrating piece of software - especially when I contrast that with Corsair's iCue, which I am also running on my system without issues.

So, don't be surprised if users - those who haven't given up already, of course - may take exception when you try to blame all the VERY REAL issues and limitations they are experiencing on 'configuration issues'.

I've said it before and I will say it again: it is an absolutely pity how ASUS can make such great hardware only to be completely let down by its software division.
    Last edited by JcRabbit; 01-11-2022 at 05:12 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3