Graphics Card #1Palit 3090 Gaming Rock
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK-AIO 360
    CaseCorsair 7000D Airflow
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime PX 1300W
    OS Windows 11

Unstable system after updating to BIOS v1505 for Strix Z690-E

Hi,

I'm seeing some major instability in my system after updating to BIOS v1505 now. Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

I've had great stability running everything at stock settings (i.e. 6000mhz on RAM, default voltages and no CPU overclock etc) since about BIOS version 811. Each time I have updated the BIOS since then I've had no issues until now. I've been using the XMP1 profile the whole time just fine.

Since installing v1505 I get constant crashes booting into Windows 11 or after a few minutes just browsing etc if I can boot into Windows at all. I've tried giving a little more VDD and VDDQ (1.325v each vs 1.3v which was the stock setting for my RAM). I've also tried running XMP2 profile but no joy with the system still crashing constantly. I ran a Memtest86 which passed fine, but Windows still wouldn't run stable. I didn't get to trying running the "RAMTest" program in Windows, but pretty sure it would of failed very fast.

To be able to make this post I've dropped everything back to default settings, so my RAM is now running 4800Mhz and it seems stable so far in terms of me being able to use a browser for more than 2 mins!

Be vert interested to hear other peoples experiences with v1505.

Also any advice on how to downgrade the BIOS would be great... ASUS EzFlash utility in the BIOS won't now read the v1403 BIOS file so I guess I need to take a different approve to downgrading?

Cheers

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronSpin View Post
    Hi,

I'm seeing some major instability in my system after updating to BIOS v1505 now. Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

I've had great stability running everything at stock settings (i.e. 6000mhz on RAM, default voltages and no CPU overclock etc) since about BIOS version 811. Each time I have updated the BIOS since then I've had no issues until now. I've been using the XMP1 profile the whole time just fine.

Since installing v1505 I get constant crashes booting into Windows 11 or after a few minutes just browsing etc if I can boot into Windows at all. I've tried giving a little more VDD and VDDQ (1.325v each vs 1.3v which was the stock setting for my RAM). I've also tried running XMP2 profile but no joy with the system still crashing constantly. I ran a Memtest86 which passed fine, but Windows still wouldn't run stable. I didn't get to trying running the "RAMTest" program in Windows, but pretty sure it would of failed very fast.

To be able to make this post I've dropped everything back to default settings, so my RAM is now running 4800Mhz and it seems stable so far in terms of me being able to use a browser for more than 2 mins!

Also any advice on how to downgrade the BIOS would be great... ASUS EzFlash utility in the BIOS won't now read the v1403 BIOS file so I guess I need to take a different approve to downgrading?

Cheers
    Hello i have the exaclty same issues!exactly !!!!

Just read this

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...505-2022-06-02

let me know if you find any solution with your system at that post because its also other people that they can help us!

Im running also right now without xmp bios 1505 all auto with 12600k and with z690 G motherboard at 4800mhz (stock my ram is 6000mhz KF560C40BBK2-16 kingston)my pc not boot at XMP II or XMP I only with XMP II at 5600mhz but im getting crashes and Bsods on windows and games.

New ROGer Array jwooldridge PC Specs
    jwooldridge PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Prime Z960-A
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 12700k
    Memory (part number)F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RS
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG32UQ
    Storage #1Crucial CT2000P5PSSD8
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken Z73 RL-KRZ73-01
    CaseCORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB
    Power SupplyCORSAIR HX850 CP-9020138-NA 850 W
    OS Windows 11

Hi,

Cheers
    I have a similar experience on 1505 with a Prime Z690-A. I'm using a Gskill DDR5 6000 2x16GB memory kit that is on the QVL list for that motherboard.

On 1403, I was using the XMP1 profile and had infrequent crashes on certain games (Far Cry 6 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla most often). I was about to write it off as a problem with Ubisoft Connect or Epic Games Store, or perhaps a problem with those games in general.

These crashes would present as the screen freezing while the audio continued, and then would result in a reset of the display driver. I did not experience any blue screen errors or unplanned restarts on 1403.

I could not reproduce the crashes with benchmarks or stress tests in Furmark/3d Mark. Windows standard memory tests passed. I attempted the extended memory test, but it seemed to stall 3/4ths through the test, though it did not log any errors.

On 1505, it will POST fine on XMP1 or XMP2 profiles. It passed the Windows standard memory tests, but any attempt to play a game would result in a crash to desktop with no error logged within several seconds or up to a minute within starting the game.

I once received a blue screen error, IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL that resulted in an unplanned restart.

Turning off XMP profiles and running at 4800 completely eliminated any crashes I was getting. For now, the stability of running at 4800 outweighs any performance gains I was getting from running at 6000 - so I'll likely wait for a future BIOS before attempting to use the XMP profiles again.

I know that with an i7-12700k, the internal memory controller is a factor and 4800 is all Intel can guarantee, I just thought it was odd that a BIOS intended to increase DRAM stability actually exacerbated my issue.
    Last edited by jwooldridge; 06-04-2022 at 09:28 PM.

New ROGer Array ElectronSpin PC Specs
    ElectronSpin PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z690-E Gaming Wifi
    ProcessorIntel 12700K
    Memory (part number)F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RS
    Graphics Card #1Palit 3090 Gaming Rock
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK-AIO 360
    CaseCorsair 7000D Airflow
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime PX 1300W
    OS Windows 11

So I've ended up downgrading to BIOS v1403 and now have my system's stability back.

I'm now running at stock settings again (e.g. 6000mhz for my RAM etc etc) and everything seems fine.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Babtista View Post
    Hello i have the exaclty same issues!exactly !!!!

Just read this

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...505-2022-06-02

let me know if you find any solution with your system at that post because its also other people that they can help us!

Im running also right now without xmp bios 1505 all auto with 12600k and with z690 G motherboard at 4800mhz (stock my ram is 6000mhz KF560C40BBK2-16 kingston)my pc not boot at XMP II or XMP I only with XMP II at 5600mhz but im getting crashes and Bsods on windows and games.
    you don't have a strix e, so no, not same, stop cross posting.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array theroc44 PC Specs
    theroc44 PC Specs
    MotherboardZ690 Extreme
    Processor12900k 5.1GHZ
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator 32gigs 6200 CAS 36 DDR5
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Hybrid
    Sound CardCreative Soundblaster AE-9
    MonitorAsus Rog Swift PG32UQX
    Storage #1Samsung 980pro 2tb
    Storage #2WD SN850 2tb
    CPU CoolerMSI Meg Coreliquid 280r
    CaseCoolermaster C700p Black Edition
    Power SupplyASUS Rog Thor 1200 Certified 1200W Fully-Modular RGB
    Keyboard Logictech G915
    Mouse Logictech G502
    Headset Logictech G935
    Mouse Pad Logictech Lightning Pad
    Headset/Speakers Logictech Z906
    OS Windows 11 Professional

Yeah I'd roll back if it's unstable. It happens unfortunately. I'm using z690 extreme with an additional bios. I assumed you had another if not disregard.

New ROGer Array RustyMachines01 PC Specs
    RustyMachines01 PC Specs
    MotherboardStrix Z690-E WIFI
    ProcessorIntel 12900k
    Memory (part number)G. Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 32GB 6000mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000x
    OS Win 11

Anyone know how to roll back to 1403? BIOS somehow won't let me.

New ROGer Array RustyMachines01 PC Specs
    RustyMachines01 PC Specs
    MotherboardStrix Z690-E WIFI
    ProcessorIntel 12900k
    Memory (part number)G. Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 32GB 6000mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000x
    OS Win 11

So I've ended up downgrading to BIOS v1403 and now have my system's stability back.

I'm now running at stock settings again (e.g. 6000mhz for my RAM etc etc) and everything seems fine.
    Same motherboard and I have the same issues with BIOS 1505. Did you downgrade the same way as updating your BIOS using EZ Flash utility? For some reason, I can't downgrade back to v1403, I keep on getting "selected file is not proper BIOS" every time I try to read the 1403 .CAP file in the EZ Flash Utility. How'd you downgrade back to v1403?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ahfoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RustyMachines01 View Post
    Same motherboard and I have the same issues with BIOS 1505. Did you downgrade the same way as updating your BIOS using EZ Flash utility? For some reason, I can't downgrade back to v1403, I keep on getting "selected file is not proper BIOS" every time I try to read the 1403 .CAP file in the EZ Flash Utility. How'd you downgrade back to v1403?
    HI mate, just follow the following link.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...downgrade-bios

New ROGer Array msnskpl PC Specs
    msnskpl PC Specs
    MotherboardZ690 Extreme
    Processori5-12600K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z5 6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5K
    MonitorAcer Nitro XV272UXBMIIPRUZX
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB
    CaseFractal Design Torrent TG RGB
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Fanless TX 700W
    OS Windows 11 Pro
    Network RouterAsus

Hello

I have the same problems with this BIOS 1505 on my ROG Z690 Extreme. I had a BSOD all the time and, seeing no help, I reinstalled the entire Windows 11 system.
    After reinstallation it was much better, but i noticed that something was wrong with the RAM and anabled XMP profile (G.Skill Trident Z5 F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5K). With the XMP profile enabled, the system fails the 'PRIME95' torture test and the system's 'Windows Memory Diagnostic' program immediately shows a message that there is hardware failure. At the moment I stayed with this bios version 1505, but disabled the XMP profile.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast