Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Logitech Wireless G502
    Headset Steelseries Arctis 7
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterSynology RT2600ac

Quote Originally Posted by Falcongrey View Post
    Seem to be having a repeated issue with the Gen 2 driver. (Not sure if Gen 1 has this issue...) I tend to use the Sonic Studio UpMix a lot on a 5.1 surround system from stereo sourced audio. The issue I'm having is Sonic Studio switching the Studio Effects to Off automatically. I'll open up Sonic Studio to go to click onto the Sonic Studio Effects to switch it back on and sometimes it will just switch back on before I even click on it. (Like possessed...) The issue only seems to happen during UpMixing audio. If I am playing Dolby Surround or any kind of audio already in surround, it's fine. Works great! But if I'm trying to upmix it from regular stereo to surround the issue starts up. Sometimes it will be okey for a little while but will start acting up.
    Hey, how are you using the upmix, optical or analog? I'm interested in this feature but haven't tried it on my system since I also have a Creative Sound Blaster Zx that does DTS and DDL pretty well via optical. If I can use the integrated audio I can probably use the sound card on another system for the living room.

Let me know how you setup works and I'll try to test that option on my system and see if I run into the issue you describe.

New ROGer Array Falcongrey PC Specs
    Falcongrey PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix X570-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)32Gb GEIL EVO X II / (2Kits) GAEXSY416GB3600C18ADC
    Graphics Card #1eVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC ULTRA, OVERCLOCKED, 2.75
    MonitorWhich One? (have 4)
    Storage #1Toshiba THNSN5256GPUK NVMe 256Gb
    Storage #2MSI SPATIUM Series M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express 4.0 x4
    CPU CoolerThermaltake 240 ARGB Sync
    CaseThermaltake Versa N24 Black SPCC ATX Gaming
    Power Supply1000watt
    Keyboard Logitech G510
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G35
    Mouse Pad Aluminum Gaming Disc Pad
    Headset/Speakers Pioneer 7.1 500watt/channel surround receiver
    OS Windows 11 Pro
    Network RouterNot putting in

Quote Originally Posted by rubenalamina View Post
    Hey, how are you using the upmix, optical or analog? I'm interested in this feature but haven't tried it on my system since I also have a Creative Sound Blaster Zx that does DTS and DDL pretty well via optical. If I can use the integrated audio I can probably use the sound card on another system for the living room.

Let me know how you setup works and I'll try to test that option on my system and see if I run into the issue you describe.
    To answer this question, it is an analog setup. The receiver is barely in the 'digital' category with primary hookups the older RCA. She does have 2 Optical digital connections at 96kbps but I almost never use them as they (the receiver) are the older Dolby that most things seem to not use anymore. The flip of this is, not much supports Analog 7.1 surround but I hate to part with this receiver as it is 500watt per channel and amazing sound quality! I haven't found many new receivers that can even compete (and not being biased...)

As for an update in my tinkering, I think I am zeroing in on the issue at hand. Having gone through and uninstalled everything that 'could' potentially cause this issue. Even gone to the point of going into the registry and manually shutting down Windows 11 power / CPU control of apps so it has no ability to shut down Sonic Studio now. I started uninstalling all other programs 1 by 1 and began testing to see if the same issue persisted. Even the new audio (Gen 1) persisted. The older audio drivers have even started doing the same issue now.

What I came across was when I uninstalled Armoury Crate (My poor aurora effects...) The issue seems to have now stopped. If this is a fault of Armoury Crate, it is a new one as I have been using Armoury Crate and Sonic Studio for years with no conflicts.

EDIT: I found the issue.. After reinstalling the GEN 2 drivers. Tested it with the Armoury Crate still uninstalled to find no issues. Once I reinstalled the Armoury Crate I found what the issue was... The Scenario Profiles section. Apparently, adding anything into the 'Apps to Link' would give Armoury Crate the ability to set the Aura Sync and Sonic Studio to a predetermined state which in this case both became OFF. My understanding, initially of this feature was simply syncing it to the Auroa Sync, not the Sonic Studio. If this is something new, it is now understood that it does this! Useful for apps like say, Firefox, which you would want Sonic Studio 3 sat to say 'Movie' or 'Music' for upmixing when they don't appear in the normal App list of Sonic Studio 3 though!
    Last edited by Falcongrey; 12-17-2021 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Problem has been figured out!

ROG Enthusiast Array aaraujo PC Specs
    aaraujo PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-4400C19D-16GTZSW
    Graphics Card #1PALIT GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 Pro 512GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14
    CaseLian Li PC-Q33
    Power SupplySeasonic SSR-600TL
    Keyboard Logitech K310
    Mouse Logitech M105
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Whetstone
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 64bit

Thanks for sharing the drivers. Unfortunately I have a little problem. Motherboard is ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact.
    While installing "UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB" it hangs for a long time while installing the DTS extension. Then it restarts. Afterwards, looking at device manager, the DTS extension is not listed under "Software components". However "Driver store explorer" lists the DTS extension. Finally installed "DTS Sound Unbound" and everything seems to be working fine. Its lists DTS as licensed and appears to be working. Does this mean it installed correctly or not? Thank you.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.
    ty mokichu for ur reply. i will try it out. god bless u

New ROGer Array

MoKiChU
    Thank you for your efforts in trying to solve peoples problems and I have tried everything that you said in first thread and still having problems with the sound it works for a short while then starts playing up volume being soft and no matter which driver I try I cannot get sound volume back and only way to get round it is to do an in-place repair upgrade. I am starting to regret getting this rog strix b460-f gaming motherboard because of the sound problems so thank you again for helping people sort out sound problems. I am running Windows 10 21h2 version.

New ROGer Array demorthus1 PC Specs
    demorthus1 PC Specs
    Motherboardx570 Crosshair VIII Hero (wifi)
    Processor3900x
    Memory (part number)64gb Corsair LP CL16 3200Mhz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 3090 FT3 Ultra
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer Predator 27" IPS
    Storage #11TB 860 EVO
    Storage #2SSDs x4 | 14TB HDD (EXOS) | 2x 500gb NVMe (Sabrent)
    CPU CoolerEK waterblock
    CasePhanteks 500A
    Power Supply1200W Corsair HX
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Exclamation No Matter What I Try; no audio - Whatsoever, days/hours of troubleshooting

(Solved, see edit) Hi @MoKiChU, and whoever else that may like to help,

I write this with a lot of frustration.. I've been looking to do a new OS install so I can begin more 3D work but there's something very wrong or weird..
    Motherboard in question is Asus (X570) ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi); (Audio device/integrated, Realtek ALC1220 )

I have spent days, weeks combined trying to figure out why the sound stops working. In the current Windows I have its a cluttered mess with random blue screens, but the audio works. Sound comes from the speakers.

I've done a lot of variations. Made countless images of individual "windows 10 installs", done 'reset my PC'. In each and every case I tried multiple different steps or orders, such as disabling the "automatic driver install" within system/protection. Used DDU to remove all audio drivers. Used the 'default' audio driver package Asus has - which is the most insulting set of software and bloat they have in the entire motherboard industry combined. Used the manual method of individually installing each driver/.inf file, this applies to your driver package as well as theirs. Yes, I'd have no success & restore a fresh image/wiped it after creating MSinfo32 reports/Registry backup/DoubleDriver export of all the drivers (from within a WinPE tool/recovery environment) and saved it elsewhere - and again try a new configuration or procedure. For further "tests", I would stay inside the OS despite not having audio & would attempt everything from disabling audio enhancements, restarting the Windows Audio (+ Endpoint) service, checking Windows Update, attempting the "audio troubleshooter", unplugging & plugging back in the 3.5mm cable, going back into Device Manager & manually selecting the 'have disk' to locate the same drivers that are already installed when running the bat/script you've made (if it all already sounds insane... It's because it has been :/). Along windows update I would also open & check for MS store updates as well. Installing the drivers while offline as well (yours. Then asus. Then yours but manually. Same for asus. Each time after restoring a new, fresh empty & updated windows 10 image..).

With that said I may still even be failing to add more of the things I've done or tried, because of the amount it's been and how little rest I've had. I'd pause & go back into the unstable OS temporarily, do some work/game; knowing every time I would still have to spend time to make ANOTHER image so I can restore everything safely, with whatever most recent work/browsing/gaming/etc I had done. Then.. Unplug all my drives except the NVMe's, as they're physically inaccessible without removing a set of waterblocks/custom loop. This is mostly a personal thing, just to remove any chance of accidentally installing windows on the wrong drive or entirely formatting the wrong drive, etc. Regardless the OS/apps all reside in the single SSD so as to allow for quicker operation/tasks.

This one is more for a humorous example of the experiences I've had..

In one "test", I decided to see what would happen if Asus ARMOURY was enabled & installed (who knows, maybe it'd be able to find/update drivers); immediately the system itself became unstable and blue screen six times in a row when access the desktop- that's all within a fresh Windows 10 install that ONLY has display drivers & CPU/chipset drivers.. Also, It was never able to even load anything within the Tools tab, nothing for Drivers, Individual Kits- you name it, even the manual!?! I figured I'd mention that one because I found it hilarious - as much as unimaginably furious - it must be said or labeled everywhere as a PSA to all to avoid Asus's software.

Edit: The issue I've isolated to being Realtek Audio Console, there is a bug of some sort I encountered no matter even during a full clean Windows install AND clean driver installation. To fix/remediate it, open the Audio Console application > Device advanced settings > Under "Connector Retasking", toggle BOTH Back panel & Front panel -green- between Headphones/Front Speaker Audio. Doing so will return audio and you should have sound again.
    Last edited by demorthus1; 12-24-2021 at 07:30 PM. Reason: SOLVED it.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1SSD NVMe Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
    Storage #2SSD NVMe Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | SSD NVMe Corsair Force MP510 240GB | SSHD AHCI Seagate FireCuda 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Strix Scope NX TKL Deluxe
    Mouse ASUS ROG Chakram Core
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 11 Pro 22H2

Quote Originally Posted by aaraujo View Post
    Thanks for sharing the drivers. Unfortunately I have a little problem. Motherboard is ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact.
    While installing "UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB" it hangs for a long time while installing the DTS extension. Then it restarts. Afterwards, looking at device manager, the DTS extension is not listed under "Software components". However "Driver store explorer" lists the DTS extension. Finally installed "DTS Sound Unbound" and everything seems to be working fine. Its lists DTS as licensed and appears to be working. Does this mean it installed correctly or not? Thank you.
    Hi,

Yes, this mean it installed correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by itekweni View Post
    MoKiChU
    Thank you for your efforts in trying to solve peoples problems and I have tried everything that you said in first thread and still having problems with the sound it works for a short while then starts playing up volume being soft and no matter which driver I try I cannot get sound volume back and only way to get round it is to do an in-place repair upgrade. I am starting to regret getting this rog strix b460-f gaming motherboard because of the sound problems so thank you again for helping people sort out sound problems. I am running Windows 10 21h2 version.
    Hi,

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process.
    - Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
    - Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process.
    - For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Quote Originally Posted by demorthus1 View Post
    Hi @MoKiChU, and whoever else that may like to help,

I write this with a lot of frustration.. I've been looking to do a new OS install so I can begin more 3D work but there's something very wrong or weird..
    Motherboard in question is Asus (X570) ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi); (Audio device/integrated, Realtek ALC1220 )

I have spent days, weeks combined trying to figure out why the sound stops working. In the current Windows I have its a cluttered mess with random blue screens, but the audio works. Sound comes from the speakers.

I've done a lot of variations. Made countless images of individual "windows 10 installs", done 'reset my PC'. In each and every case I tried multiple different steps or orders, such as disabling the "automatic driver install" within system/protection. Used DDU to remove all audio drivers. Used the 'default' audio driver package Asus has - which is the most insulting set of software and bloat they have in the entire motherboard industry combined. Used the manual method of individually installing each driver/.inf file, this applies to your driver package as well as theirs. Yes, I'd have no success & restore a fresh image/wiped it after creating MSinfo32 reports/Registry backup/DoubleDriver export of all the drivers (from within a WinPE tool/recovery environment) and saved it elsewhere - and again try a new configuration or procedure. For further "tests", I would stay inside the OS despite not having audio & would attempt everything from disabling audio enhancements, restarting the Windows Audio (+ Endpoint) service, checking Windows Update, attempting the "audio troubleshooter", unplugging & plugging back in the 3.5mm cable, going back into Device Manager & manually selecting the 'have disk' to locate the same drivers that are already installed when running the bat/script you've made (if it all already sounds insane... It's because it has been :/). Along windows update I would also open & check for MS store updates as well. Installing the drivers while offline as well (yours. Then asus. Then yours but manually. Same for asus. Each time after restoring a new, fresh empty & updated windows 10 image..).

With that said I may still even be failing to add more of the things I've done or tried, because of the amount it's been and how little rest I've had. I'd pause & go back into the unstable OS temporarily, do some work/game; knowing every time I would still have to spend time to make ANOTHER image so I can restore everything safely, with whatever most recent work/browsing/gaming/etc I had done. Then.. Unplug all my drives except the NVMe's, as they're physically inaccessible without removing a set of waterblocks/custom loop. This is mostly a personal thing, just to remove any chance of accidentally installing windows on the wrong drive or entirely formatting the wrong drive, etc. Regardless the OS/apps all reside in the single SSD so as to allow for quicker operation/tasks.

This one is more for a humorous example of the experiences I've had..

In one "test", I decided to see what would happen if Asus ARMOURY was enabled & installed (who knows, maybe it'd be able to find/update drivers); immediately the system itself became unstable and blue screen six times in a row when access the desktop- that's all within a fresh Windows 10 install that ONLY has display drivers & CPU/chipset drivers.. Also, It was never able to even load anything within the Tools tab, nothing for Drivers, Individual Kits- you name it, even the manual!?! I figured I'd mention that one because I found it hilarious - as much as unimaginably furious - it must be said or labeled everywhere as a PSA to all to avoid Asus's software.

Edit: added missing " @ ".
    Hi,

Your issues do not seem to concern only audio, I advise you to do a Windows 10 21H2 or Windows 11 clean install (and not a restore) after BIOS update to the last (if it is not done yet) : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...-ASUS-3904.ZIP.

You need these drivers for your ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) motherboard :

[DRIVERS] AMD Chipset/SATA (3xx/4xx/5xx/TRX40)

- AMD Chipset Drivers

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :
    Drivers - I21x-AT (1.0GbE)

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Realtek Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx)

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

New ROGer Array demorthus1 PC Specs
    demorthus1 PC Specs
    Motherboardx570 Crosshair VIII Hero (wifi)
    Processor3900x
    Memory (part number)64gb Corsair LP CL16 3200Mhz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 3090 FT3 Ultra
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer Predator 27" IPS
    Storage #11TB 860 EVO
    Storage #2SSDs x4 | 14TB HDD (EXOS) | 2x 500gb NVMe (Sabrent)
    CPU CoolerEK waterblock
    CasePhanteks 500A
    Power Supply1200W Corsair HX
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Will address All The suggestions- Will update on progress when finished!

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

Your issues do not seem to concern only audio, I advise you to do a Windows 10 21H2 or Windows 11 clean install (and not a restore) after BIOS update to the last (if it is not done yet) : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...-ASUS-3904.ZIP.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.[/indent][/INDENT]
    Hey, thank you so much for taking the time to respond! I appreciate the effort you put into the community & the help you've offered so many.

I will make a new Windows install media & use the resources you've provided & submit the progress hopefully by the following morning.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Thank you very much.

New ROGer Array fredengl PC Specs
    fredengl PC Specs
    MotherboardRog Strix B550-F WIFI
    ProcessorRyzen 5600x
    Memory (part number)4x8 crucial 3600
    Graphics Card #1Rog strix rtx 2060
    Monitorlenovo y25-25
    Storage #1980 pro 500go nvme
    Storage #21 to 870 ev sata + 2to 870 qvo sata
    CPU Coolerbequiet
    Caseantec p280
    Power Supplycorsair rm 650X
    Keyboard steelseries apex 3
    Mouse rog chakram core
    Headset Rog delta
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Prism cloth xl
    Headset/Speakers Altec Ada890 THX
    OS Windows 11
    Network RouterAsus RT AC 86U

sorry, i have previously posted in the wrong thread about gen 1 or gen 2

i know i have gen 1 (you told me that by PM, asus b550 f gaming ) i am on the 6.0.9279 gen 1 drivers

in this last one 6.0.9282 there is no choice of gen 1 or 2. so i tried the update like mentionned. but i loose realtek hd setting like equalizer.
    is this last version supposed to work correctly with gen 1?

Page 110 of 135 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast