Page 118 of 143 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1425
    New ROGer Array

I got the ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING a couple of days ago and it's been working great. However, when I install the Realtek Drivers the audio from the front-panel speakers becomes noisy and starts crackling a lot, especially with short sounds such as notifications (Windows, Discord, etc); back-panel speakers seem to work fine. I tried installing the drivers in this thread but it still had the crackling sound, maybe I used the wrong one? Or maybe I missed changing some setting somewhere...

Here are my specs:

- MOBO: ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
    - Front-panel plug type: unified speaker and mic
    - Case: Ncase M1 V6.1

The front-speaker seems to work fine when using the default Windows Driver (not Realtek).

ROG Enthusiast Array skrybe PC Specs
    skrybe PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)NA
    MotherboardDark Hero VIII
    ProcessorRyzen 5800x
    Memory (part number)64GB Kingston DDR4 3200
    Graphics Card #1Radeon 6900XT
    MonitorMSI Optix MPG321UR-QD
    Storage #1Samsung 970EVO Plus 2TB NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung 860 QVO 4TB SSD
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 900D
    Power SupplyCosair AX760i
    Keyboard Corsair k95 RGB Platinum XT
    Mouse Corsair M55 RGB Pro
    Headset Corsair HS50 Pro
    OS Windows 10 64 Bit
    Network RouterTP Link Archer AX11000

By any chance are there updated realtek drivers for the x570 boards (C8 Dark Hero in particular)?

New ROGer Array Jimbo93 PC Specs
    Jimbo93 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ABS Master Gaming PC
    MotherboardASUS Prime B560M-A AC
    ProcessorINTEL i5 10400F
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-16GVKB x 2
    Graphics Card #1ASUS DUAL-RTX3060TI-O8G-V2
    Sound CardRealTek HD
    MonitorSAMSUNG 40" LCD
    Storage #1INTEL 660p NVMe SSD PEKNW512GB
    CPU CoolerTHERMALTAKE UX100 ARGB
    CaseTUF GAMING GT301
    Power SupplyASUS TUF GAMING BRONZE 650W
    Keyboard TUF GAMING K1
    Mouse TUF GAMING M3
    Headset/Speakers Cambridge Works PC
    OS Win 11 Pro 21H2 22000.652
    Accessory #1 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.652.0

Quote Originally Posted by skrybe View Post
    By any chance are there updated realtek drivers for the x570 boards (C8 Dark Hero in particular)?
    Hello skrybe,
    See this reply from MoKiChU https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...116#post854047

skrybe PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)NA
    ProcessorRyzen 5800x
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    Headset Corsair HS50 Pro
    OS Windows 10 64 Bit

Thanks Jimbo93, and thanks MoKiChU. Must have missed seeing that. I'll give it a whirl.

skrybe PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)NA
    ProcessorRyzen 5800x
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    Headset Corsair HS50 Pro
    OS Windows 10 64 Bit

Well I followed cleanup (uninstall) process and did the install, and the headphones work fine but nothing I do gets my Mic working. I did another cleanup and reinstalled the last set of drivers I know were good (8960.1) and same problem can hear, but Mic flat out doesn't work. Checked Mic's physical mute button, the realtek and windows mic settings, the windows privacy settings, tried in both front and rear connectors, even tried uninstalling the Sonic Studio apps and it just flat out won't work. And I know the Mic is good.

I assume there has to be some component from the newest drivers still lurking on the PC that's causing the problem. But I can't find it

edit: I did another full clean using the routine outlined in MoKiChU's post and reinstalled again and it's now working. I guess I missed something the last time somehow. But it's working so far.
    Last edited by skrybe; 02-01-2022 at 09:02 AM.

New ROGer Array

Which audio driver should I install?

Hi guys, I have an Asus H510M-E of the 10th and 11th generation intel, which audio driver should I install? I'm lost. I am currently using version 9254.1 but would like to install the latest 9300.1.

New ROGer Array

Surround sound issue

I have an Asus Prime Z690-P WIFI D4 motherboard. The system uses the optical output for audio, which is connected to a Sonos Beam Gen.2. The Beam is paired via WiFi with two surround speakers (Sonos One). Sound output from the motherboard works fine, except for the fact the the signal is stereo and cannot be pursuaded to output surround sound.

The Sonos setup by itself works fine and plays surround sound like a charm, except when my computer is the audio source. I am running the standard Realtek 6.0.9282.1 driver (no custom driver package from this thread). The Realtek Audio Control app is up to date. This is what I see when I try to select a multichannel audio output format:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-01-30 (2).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	92008

Evidently, there are only stereo output formats, nothing like 5.1 in any flavor. [edited] Any idea how I can resolve this issue?
    Last edited by Shophopper; 02-07-2022 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Removed off topic info from this thread

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi MoKiChU,

Which drivers to use for ASUS X570 E Gaming?

Thanks.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1SSD NVMe Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
    Storage #2SSD NVMe Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | SSD NVMe Corsair Force MP510 240GB | SSHD AHCI Seagate FireCuda 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Strix Scope NX TKL Deluxe
    Mouse ASUS ROG Chakram Core
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 11 Pro 22H2

Quote Originally Posted by Darknan View Post
    Hi guys, I have an Asus H510M-E of the 10th and 11th generation intel, which audio driver should I install? I'm lost. I am currently using version 9254.1 but would like to install the latest 9300.1.
    Hi,

You have an ASUS PRIME Realtek motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Quote Originally Posted by Shophopper View Post
    I have a Asus Prime Z690-P WIFI D4 motherboard. The system uses the optical output for audio, which is connected to a Sonos Beam Gen.2. The Beam is paired via WiFi with two surround speakers (Sonos One). Sound output from the motherboard works fine, except for the fact the the signal is stereo and cannot be pursuaded to output surround sound.

The Sonos setup by itself works fine and plays surround sound like a charm, except when my computer is the audio source. I am running the standard Realtek 6.0.9282.1 driver (no custom driver package from this thread). The Realtek Audio Control app is up to date. This is what I see when I try to select a multichannel audio output format:

Evidently, there are only stereo output formats, nothing like 5.1 in any flavor. These are some other screenshots which might be relevant:

Any idea how I can resolve this issue?
    Hi,

First of all I want to clarify to everyone that this thread is not a catch-all thread for all the issues you encounter, it only concerns the drivers found in this thread (which are not "custom" or "modded" drivers as you claim, they are OEM original drivers, WHQL signed by Microsoft) and nothing else, if you have an issue with what comes from your motherboard's support page, contact ASUS Support and/or open a thread here : Hardware & Software Support.

To come back to your issue, be aware that you will not be able to output 5.1 PCM via SPDIF port, only Stereo PCM.

You can only use 5.1 PCM via 3.5mm jack (https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045991) or HDMI.

For reference :

You have an ASUS PRIME Realtek motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

So, your motherboard does not have any DTS or Dolby built-in, however, your Sonos Beam Gen.2 audio equipment is Dolby Atmos compatible, so plug your Sonos Beam Gen.2 audio equipment via HDMI to use 5.1 PCM and/or Dolby Atmos from Dolby Access app (free for Dolby Atmos only) :

Dolby Access : Link

Quote Originally Posted by knt View Post
    Hi MoKiChU,

Which drivers to use for ASUS X570 E Gaming?

Thanks.
    Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread.

Last edited by MoKiChU; 07-17-2022 at 01:25 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Thank you, installed without any problems.

Page 118 of 143 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast