New ROGer Array

Z690-F USB Power Delivery Issue

Hi,

I have an issue with all my 3.2 Gen 1 USBs on my Z690-F motherboard. I have the latest drivers and BIOS. What happens is during heavy usage such as gaming, whatever is connected into the Gen 1 ports gets automatically disconnected and I have to reconnect them to get them back working. The device being used has no issue what so ever and I'm absolutely sure it is a power delivery issue.

What I have tried:
    • I've tried re-installing drivers in Device Manager.
    • I've tried turning off so the PC can turn off the ports to save power. I even turned on High Performance mode.
    • I went into BIOS and tried using legacy port on and off.
    • I even tried with another device, same issue.
    • I encounter the same issue with the USB 2.0 ports.

The device being used is a HyperX Cloud II. I have no issue with the 3.2 Gen 2 USB ports.
    Last edited by junkyard2902; 01-24-2022 at 07:23 AM.

New ROGer Array

Bump.. please help

New ROGer Array

USB spec

The USB 2.0 spec is 5V 500mA (0.5A) per port. The USB 3 spec is 5V 900mA (0.9A) You need to find out the total deliverable power to all the ports. The port will only deliver what the device asks for, sometimes even less on lappys. Are you using a hub?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by awesome14 View Post
    The USB 2.0 spec is 5V 500mA (0.5A) per port. The USB 3 spec is 5V 900mA (0.9A) You need to find out the total deliverable power to all the ports. The port will only deliver what the device asks for, sometimes even less on lappys. Are you using a hub?
    Before I was using the headset on USB 2.0/3.0 ports and it functioned without any issues at all. I have currently connected the Mouse and Keyboard to USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports for them to work without any issues. It is only the 3.2 Gen 1 and USB 2.0 ports on this motherboard causing this issue.

I am not using a hub. But how do I find out the total deliverable power to the ports? I also don't think the HyperX Cloud II is requiring that much power.