Processori9-9900K
    Memory (part number)2x8Gb F4-4000C18D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Palit GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock (NEB1080T15P
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220
    MonitorASUS VG248QE (None G-Sync)
    Storage #11024 ГБ SSD M.2 Samsung 970 PRO [MZ-V7P1T0BW]
    Storage #22Тб TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 & 3ТБ TOSHIBA DT01ACA300
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black
    CasePHANTEKS Eclipse P600S Black (PH-EC600PSTG_BK01)
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME ULTRA 850W TITANIUM RTL (SSR-850TR)
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse ASUS ROG Gladius II Origin
    Mouse Pad ROG Sheath
    OS Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2
    Network RouterKEENETIC Giga (kn-1010)

Hi MoKiChU Thank you!

ROG Junior Member Array

So I wanted to follow up after my failed attempt at upgrading the drivers on my Crosshair Hero VIII Hero Wi-Fi (AMD x570) utilizing the [incorrect] ASUS ROG SS3 driver package. As was pointed out to me by monteverdi and confirmed by MoKiChU, I should have used the ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound package instead.

As such, I downloaded the correct file and attempted to proceed with the "Cleanup" process outlined for ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards. Unfortunately, it seems that my previous attempt has resulted in corruption to the "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver" reference in the Control Panel/Registry. Upon attempting to uninstall the drivers, I receive an error that does not allow the process to proceed.

I've included a screenshot of the relevant registry entry below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Realtek-Registry.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	88324

Any suggestions as to how to go about removing this gracefully? I want to say that downloading a new driver package from Realtek and attempting to install that will prompt me to uninstall the current version first, though I'm not particularly confident that will affect the desired outcome.

Thanks much!

ROG Junior Member Array

Can you confirm, for the ROG Maximus XI Apex, would it be the ASUS ROG/TUF?PRIME RTK Motherboard?

Thank you for your help!

ROG Junior Member Array qijdigoldwing PC Specs
    qijdigoldwing PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair Hero VII (Non-WiFi)
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3800X
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200MHz CL16 (2 x 16)
    Graphics Card #1Aorus NVidia GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Monitor1. 32" Samsung, 2. 20" Acer
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 980 Pro 256GB
    Storage #238TB Total Storage
    CPU CoolerDeepCool RGB GamerStorm 120mm
    CaseAeroCool Spiral Galaxies
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850i
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse Elecom EX-G Trackball
    Headset Razer Tiamat V2
    Headset/Speakers Blue Octave 5.1 Surround
    OS Windows 10 21H1

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

In order to try to fix your DPC latency issue, follow this process (also visible in TIPS at the bottom of all my audio drivers threads) :
    1) Disable hibernation :
    - Right-click Windows Start button then click Search.
    - Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.
    - If/When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    - At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and then press Enter then close the Command Prompt

2) Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_util_v3.exe" > Run as administrator), then Apply, then close MSI Mode Utility & restart your PC
    Thank you very much for the information. The settings have indeed helped, and tis' always nice to learn more about the deeper workings of this technology.. Turning on MSI mode gave more hours before it started falling out of sync again.. several additional hours. My video has yet to start hiccuping and crashing again, but the gap is again more noticable, so I am giving it more time. I also meant to mention The video driver version is GeForce v465.89 WHQL drivers.. and the Crosshair Hero VIII Non-WiFi motherboard BIOS is 3402.

I changed these three settings in the MSI Mode tool

High Definition Audio Controller IRQ 35 --Interrupt Priority - Undefined
    High Definition Audio Controller IRQ 55 --Interrupt Priority - Undefined
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB IRQ 43 --Interrupt Priority - Undefined

the Interrupt priority is as it was before checking the box for MSI Mode. Here is a snapshot of the output.

What else might we try to fix this issue?

And BTW.. the motherboard BIOS is at optimised defaults, no overclocking. The new Ryzen BIOS has changed everything so much I want classes... heh.... before attempting to tweak it..

Namaste...

Qi.

Addendum: Almost 3 hours after rising from rest and resuming my videos... The latency seems to bounce a bit. lag in AV Sync appearing and vanishing, It is better, but the light popping remains.
    Last edited by qijdigoldwing; 04-10-2021 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Additional information

ROG Member Array

Hi,

Correct.

New ROGer Array Cybatom PC Specs
    Cybatom PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600X
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2070
    MonitorAsus XG32VQR
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Headset Corsair Virtuoso RGB SE

Issue with the volume Control

hi ,

thnx for these drivers, 5.1 ist working again.

but:

Is it possible that with these drivers the volume control with the keyboard does not work anymore?

Thank you for your help

New ROGer Array Cybatom PC Specs
    Cybatom PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600X
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2070
    MonitorAsus XG32VQR
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Headset Corsair Virtuoso RGB SE

Quote Originally Posted by Cybatom View Post
    hi ,

thnx for these drivers, 5.1 ist working again.

but:

Is it possible that with these drivers the volume control with the keyboard does not work anymore?

Thank you for your help
    Hi,

No I don't think it's related, it is between your keyboard and Windows that it interacts. Uninstall & reinstall Corsair iCUE.
    Thanks for the brainboost, that was the trick, now all is working like a charm.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Hi,

For your ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming motherboard :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

For your ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula motherboard :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.
    So ran the audio update a while back on both computers. Had no issues installing but the z490 (Maximus XII Formula) every time it would start it popped up a security notice about running a file. I just ran the update process for the newest drivers and I'm still getting a notice. This is highly annoying and it doesn't matter if the checkbox is checked or not it will still pop up on every boot no matter if it's checked or not. Ideas?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Untitled.jpg  

Hi,

This has nothing to do with the drivers but with your Windows install/rights (if it was a problem with the drivers, everyone would be affected or at least a large part). Try by switching your account type from User to Administrator (if not already).
    I wouldn't have a problem going along with that if the previous direct from Asus Realtek drives caused the same message on every boot. My account is already set as admin and account control settings is switched to never notify so I shouldn't be seeing a message like this anyway asking about trusting the software.

As I explained to you previously, you are the only one to report this kind of issue (moreover you obviously do not have the issue on your OS/Software config based on your Z390 motherboard), so, I deduce that your issue is specific to your OS/Software config case and is not related to the drivers package.

The logic to have is :

- If you have an issue with the drivers package from your motherboard support page (or just want to be up to date) > CLEANUP + INSTALL process to install/use the drivers package from this thread.
    - If you have an issue with the drivers package from this thread > CLEANUP process then install/use the drivers package from your motherboard support page.
    - If you have an issue in both cases > Open a ticket with ASUS Support.

Well the pictured setting took care of the issue. After all the warning was mentioning files from the internet although I don't get why Windows was seeing the Realtek software as from the internet It's not like I was downloading a file and trying to run it. Makes absolutely no sense. Ticking that box stopped the warning message on boot .

I also for good measure went into the registry and forced off UAC since it was still showing 1 even though it was on don't notify. That didn't matter either.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Untitled.jpg  

Page 65 of 96 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast