Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88
    New ROGer Array

Total noob here, what's this about?

Hi everyone,

Total noob here... needs some explanation.
    I've recently build a new PC with an ASUS X570-E GAMING motherboard. It's been 10+ years since I built one

Do I need any of these drivers posted here and if so, why and which ones?
    Are the original drivers not okay?

If I understand correctly, the original drivers provided don't work correctly for surround sound. I have a 5.1 system BTW.
    These drivers provided here are modified to make everything work as intended? Am I correct?

What I find confusing on the ASUS driver download page is which ones to choose. The top ones seem to be the most recent ones. But then there are 'older' entries which seem to provide more or even other apps/drivers.
    I even had to download additional drivers through Windows update to get my Bluetooth working. Not sure that's how it's supposed to be

I also installed Sonic Suite but this wasn't inlcuded in the drivers. I found this by accident in the Windows store. What gives, ASUS?

Anyway, I would really appreciate some help or explanition if I need additional/other drivers and which ones to pick. I'm quite confused.
    And thanks MoKiChU for your work (even if I wouldn't need them? )

Thanks in advance!

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1SSD NVMe Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
    Storage #2SSD NVMe Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | SSD NVMe Corsair Force MP510 240GB | SSHD AHCI Seagate FireCuda 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 11 64 bit 21H2/CO/22000.x

Quote Originally Posted by XA4BE View Post
    Hi everyone,

Total noob here... needs some explanation.
    I've recently build a new PC with an ASUS X570-E GAMING motherboard. It's been 10+ years since I built one

Do I need any of these drivers posted here and if so, why and which ones?
    Are the original drivers not okay?

If I understand correctly, the original drivers provided don't work correctly for surround sound. I have a 5.1 system BTW.
    These drivers provided here are modified to make everything work as intended? Am I correct?

What I find confusing on the ASUS driver download page is which ones to choose. The top ones seem to be the most recent ones. But then there are 'older' entries which seem to provide more or even other apps/drivers.
    I even had to download additional drivers through Windows update to get my Bluetooth working. Not sure that's how it's supposed to be

I also installed Sonic Suite but this wasn't inlcuded in the drivers. I found this by accident in the Windows store. What gives, ASUS?

Anyway, I would really appreciate some help or explanition if I need additional/other drivers and which ones to pick. I'm quite confused.
    And thanks MoKiChU for your work (even if I wouldn't need them? )

Thanks in advance!
    Hi,

The installation method used by ASUS can actually cause conflicts with Windows Update.

The driver packages I offer are up to date, WHQL certified (not modded), and mainly drivers only using an Microsoft official install method (via Microsoft PnPUtil), which are Windows Update Ready (i.e. even if Windows Update updates an item of the drivers package, it will not generate any conflict or other oddities).

You need these drivers for your new ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming motherboard :

[DRIVERS] AMD Chipset/SATA (3xx/4xx/5xx/TRX40)

- AMD Chipset Drivers

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :
    Drivers - I21x-AT (1.0GbE)

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :
    Drivers - 9xxx/AX2xx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Realtek Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx)

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

New ROGer Array

Wow, great. Thank you for replying so fast and the explantion!

Okay, I'll give it a try, making sure I follow your steps correctly.

EDIT: one more question, does this mean the next updates will install correctly through Windows update or should I come back here and update from your links?
    I have bookmarked this page nonetheless.

EDIT2: Ah, this is what I need to do to update:
    - Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Realtek Audio Control/Console + Sonic Studio III & Sonic Radar III + DTS Sound Unbound will be updated automatically via the MS Store.
    Last edited by XA4BE; 07-30-2021 at 08:46 PM.

New ROGer Array

Hey!
    Does anyone know which are the correct drivers for the
    ASUS ROG Maximus XII Extreme?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1SSD NVMe Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
    Storage #2SSD NVMe Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | SSD NVMe Corsair Force MP510 240GB | SSHD AHCI Seagate FireCuda 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 11 64 bit 21H2/CO/22000.x

Quote Originally Posted by Mrhunter_ View Post
    Hey!
    Does anyone know which are the correct drivers for the
    ASUS ROG Maximus XII Extreme?
    Hi,

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Thanks for your answer

Perhaps you can help me with an problem
    After i installed the drivers (and i connected the Front Audio Jack from the Case to the Board) the Microphone is without function when i connect IT on the rear mic Jack. On Front Panel its running.

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88