Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

Follow this process to find the root cause : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...e14#post807107
    as far the app has not crash since those events. but was a key to make that works perfect. But so far is solid. with the 6.0.9003.1 UI 1.15.227.0 and the 3.16.12.0 of SS3. use back usb and front panel. if i can see a issue i will ask for more info. thanks MoKiChU. (codexi)
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

New ROGer Array

Hi,

Follow this process to find the root cause : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...e14#post807107
    Hi MoKiChU, thanks for the suggestion. I ended up performing a clean install of WIndows just to make sure OS was fine: after reinstalling everything SS3 still crashed. It turned out that the idea of a driver/device conflict was correct: if I disable NVIDIA High Definition Audio Sonic Studio doesn't crash anymore. I noticed that in order to eliminate the issue I have to disable the device whether I have actually installed the Nvidia driver or I am simply using Windows default High Definition Audio driver for it. Graphic card is RTX 2070 Super, driver version 452.06 (latest). I haven't tried previous drivers, especially because I can keep the device disabled since I don't use HDMI port of my VGA. However, I admit it can be an annoying issue. Is it something Nvidia should take care of? Thanks again for the help.
    Last edited by Swordmaster512; 09-05-2020 at 04:05 PM.

New ROGer Array

I don't think the NVIDIA drivers themselves are involved, I use NVIDIA drivers myself (and I think a lot of people do here), and I don't have any problem with crashes with SS3 or whatever else.

- Is Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer enabled in SS3 ? If so, turn it off.
    - If, on the other hand, you have GeForce Experience and you use it for ShadowPlay recordings features, version 3.20.4.14 contained in the latest NVIDIA drivers packages has a issue with any sound upmixer/surrounder (including SS3). Here is version 3.20.4.15 which fixes the issue : https://us.download.nvidia.com/GFE/G...v3.20.4.15.exe
    I just tried to re-enable the Nvidia High Definition Audio in Device Manager. Opened SS3, moved the volume slider of my speakers and it immediately crashed, with Event Viewer showing the same three entries I posted above. Disabled again the audio device, no crash. The other two suggestions can't help because:
    -Virtual Mixer is off and I've never enabled it;
    -I don't use Geforce Experience, I deselect it during every Nvidia driver installation.

I don't know what to say, maybe it could be related to my specific hardware combination? Really don't know, but the issue seems definitely connected with the fact that that Audio device is enabled or not, regardless of the driver used.

New ROGer Array

Personally, I don't use my NVIDIA audio outputs either, but I don't turn off the device like you do through Device Manager, I just turn it off in my Sound Playback Devices (not to avoid a bug or anything else, but just to have it removed from my list of devices visible via Sound tray icon, like I do for Realtek Digital Output since I don't use it either).
    Just tried to do the same out of curiosity to see what would happen, but SS3 still crashes. Well, it looks like I'll keep the device disabled, no problem at all. It is indeed really strange, because if it had been a serious issue with Nvidia driver someone would certainly have reported it by now. I'll keep you updated when I try new drivers. Thanks again for the help!

New ROGer Array

Hi MoKiChU. Thanks for the work you've done.
    I have an ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING motherboard, what driver can I install on it?

Something else I've always wondered -- Mokichu, how exactly do you know which motherboards use which audio drivers? You probably have them memorized by heart at this point due to so many people asking, but how would someone figure it out themselves?

What's odd to me is that I can see in the list that there is the base Sonic Studio 3 edition, followed by several versions w/bigger and better DTS features (I assume this is DTS surround sound), but the DTS features don't increment w/the motherboard price line. Eg. I have a ROG STRIX Z390-F, which I think is higher-end Asus product that Prime or TUF lines, but yet those mb's include DTS Realtek features that mine doesn't. That seems odd?

So let's pretend I'm buying a new Z-490 ROG STRIX mb but I want to figure out which of you drivers apply to it. What would I look at to figure it out myself?

Keep up the good work! Thanks!!

New ROGer Array

Hello,

I wanted to know if there is a changelog/release notes for each release? I could not find them online, but maybe you know where to look at.
    Since almost every X weeks a new driver drops, it would be nice to know what changed. For exmaple: "Drivers : 6.0.9003.1 WHQL [11/08/2020]", "Drivers : 6.0.9008.1 WHQL [18/08/2020]". A webpage or something similar would be helpful. Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Hi,

Realtek never provides changelog, however I can tell you in general that the changes are adds of new hardware IDs, bug/security fixes, improvement of the sound spectrum, support for new games/apps/OS etc ...
    Ah... I see. This must be the reason I could not find it . Anyway, thank you.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Hi there!

I don't know if I'm having an issue, but since last 2 updates of my SS3 drivers, I some times hear a "click" in my headsets (non Realtek related -- they are on external usb sound card) if using my microphone (related to Realtek as it is connected to the front audio panel as it has been for the last year).

Could it be something related to these last updates that interfere with my mic input?

Thanks in advance!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array mito1172 PC Specs
    mito1172 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP DV 7
    MotherboardASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800X 4.0 GHZ
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Flare X DDR4-3200@ 3466Mhz C14 16GB (2x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitron+Radeon RX 580 4G
    MonitorViewsonic XG2401 24"1ms 144HZ
    Storage #1Samsung 970 PRO 512 M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 550MB-520MB/s Sata3
    CPU CoolerNOCTUA NH-U12S SE
    CaseCooler Master Case PRO 5
    Power SupplySeasonic Focus Plus 750W 80+Gold
    OS WİNDOWS 10
    Network RouterAİRTİES

Hi,

As stated on the first post of this thread, in order to know which drivers package to use, match the specifications of your motherboard with the apps.

Example for your current & your futur motherboard :

- ROG Strix Z390-F : https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RO...pecifications/

So, it's an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard.

- ROG Strix Z490-F : https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RO...pecifications/

So, it's an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard.
    Thanks for information
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 3.6 GHZ (NOCTUA NH-U12S SE) ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (Sapphire Nitron+Radeon RX 580 4G) G.SKILL Flare X DDR4-3200Mhz C14 32 GB (4x8GB) Samsung 970 PRO 512 M.2 SSD \Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 550MB-520MB/s Sata3 SSD

Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast