Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

[QUOTE=Int8bldr;802999]
    Quote Originally Posted by rosefire View Post

see here: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...xtreme-Encore/

see the OLED display (shows ROG in the picture) that sits on the part next to the IO shield ...
    Thanks, that explains it. Any idea what's the OLED header on the MB for? There's no corresponding cable or an indication of its purpose

I wish ASUS would put more effort into their manuals. Many of the settings, especially overclocking configuration and fan settings, are not described in my R4BE 's manual.

As for the board being used, all the films are in place , the bags are not wrinkled from handling, there are no fingerprints on anything, The only thing that is suspicious is that the films have steaks, but the same streaks were present on all three boards I've received. It is possible that Amazon wipes them off replacing fingerprints with steaks in the soft plastic films.

My worry about buying a return is a board returned for poor performance or flakiness. I have until May 31 to return the board, which gives me a lot of time to evaluate. I'm hoping to overclock a i9-10940x to 5GHz or more with a custom water loop, and clock four sticks/32GB of G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series DDR4 4266 at the rated speed. I'm suspecting that a 2133 clock rate will be hard for the CPU's memory controller to achieve, but I was successful at getting quad 2666 to run 24/7 on my R4BE with a '4930.

The hard part is knowing what a good CPU or memory overclock is.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Over several generations of different boards this question often comes up. Two RVIEE boards with no bag, not sealed but protective film. RVIE has nothing on it period. On the RVIEE there is an anti static sheet under the MOBO and just the plastic cover over the top. Nothing appeared tampered with and all the goodies underneath all factory sealed. This is just how ASUS ships them.*

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Desertum_0's Avatar

I just read the whole thread and i would like to know if it will be wise to buy this board from Amazon directly.

It is currently selling at $750 USD and AFAIK my last Rampage VI never came with a static bag for the board but rather a firm plastic cover on top of the board itself.

Should i bit the bullet?
    The only things that may make me more at ease is that this board is covered by Amazon 30 days return policy but since i live abroad it may cost me more to send it back , would rather ask them for a full refund if i find the board tampered with.

In any case, I look forward to read about anyone experience.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array martine-dee PC Specs
    martine-dee PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus XII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-10900K
    Memory (part number)F4-4000C15Q-32GTZR @ 3700 MHz CL14
    Graphics Card #1Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix Gaming, 11 GB VRAM
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster AE-9
    Monitor2x Asus VG248QE, 24" @ 144Hz
    Storage #12x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
    Storage #23x WD Blue SSD 1TB, 1x WD Red HDD 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H115i RGB Platinum
    CaseThermaltake View 91
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 7, Red
    Mouse Logitech G403 @ 3200 dpi
    Headset Trust Gaming GXT 444 Wayman Pro Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad Logitech G240
    Headset/Speakers Creative Inspire T6300 + P380
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit, 1903, Ubuntu 16.04/18.04

Having looked at the youtube reviews for ROG Max XII Extreme, I see that inside the box should be some transparent plastic covering, preferably with no fingerprints on it. Under that is the board, however, nothing else protects it. I assume there are unboxing reviews for all mobos, so one can check there first what to expect even before they order.

I def plan to check if everything is there to the last screw for the price tag of just under 1000 euro.
    Last edited by martine-dee; 07-19-2020 at 06:13 AM.
    A Quaker here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2