cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD Legacy 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx & Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx) :

Drivers : 6.0.8967.1 WHQL [09/06/2020]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Sonic Suite II and/or Sonic Radar I/II installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | hdx | realtek
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > "Next" > The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SB) :

Drivers : 6.0.8703.1 WHQL [14/05/2019]

ASUS ROG Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > "Next" > The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME DTS&RTK) :

Drivers : 6.0.9273.1 WHQL [25/11/2021]

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver installed /!\
Uninstall it (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC

INSTALL

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Studio Sound motherboards :

Install Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, DTS Studio Sound installed /!\

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD Legacy 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx series chipsets.
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx series chipsets.

Note : In order to know which Install/Update process to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
147 REPLIES 147

jakopic
Level 7

I have B660 steel legends. What driver should i use?

pbergonzi
Level 7

Thank you for all your work and help, MoKiChU.

I have a GL702VS, and am wondering if anyone can tell me what to do to amp up the sound.
I'm now running Win11 on it, for as long as I've had this great laptop, the sound has been, ahem, "soft."
Incidentally, I just recently listened to a friend's MacBook, and the sound was stunning!

@jakopic wrote:

I have B660 steel legends. What driver should i use?

Hi,

I don't offer audio drivers packages for ASRock in order to focus on my field : ASUS DIY PC/Motherboards.

@pbergonzi wrote:

Thank you for all your work and help, MoKiChU.

I have a GL702VS, and am wondering if anyone can tell me what to do to amp up the sound.
I'm now running Win11 on it, for as long as I've had this great laptop, the sound has been, ahem, "soft."
Incidentally, I just recently listened to a friend's MacBook, and the sound was stunning!

Hi,

I don't offer audio drivers packages for ASUS notebooks/laptops/AiO in order to focus on my field : ASUS DIY PC/Motherboards (hence the fact that my threads are in Motherboards category).

Please refer to your product support page to download the appropriate drivers for your product (if you have any issue with them, please contact ASUS Support).

Thank you.

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF DTS&RTK) :

Drivers : 6.0.8924.1 WHQL [26/03/2020]

Thread updated.

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
@MoKiChU sent you a PM regarding audio driver. Hoping you can assist 🙂

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

For information, the 6.0.8907.1 WHQL drivers and more recent are WHQL certified drivers for Windows 10 2004/VB1/19041.x.

BJBBJB
Level 7
Is there any difference between the 4/20 and 4/24 links? I get the same filename for the HDA - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF DTS&RTK driver? I am the one with the Maximus Hero VIII and was just getting around to downloading the drivers.... Guess I will go without sonic suite 2.

I realized it was so long since I looked at this I was actually running the version 6.0.1.8468 drivers from the Asus driver page (didn't even remember doing that update a while ago) which did not give me 5.1 audio in the supremeFX tab test although I get pseudo 5 speaker sound from stereo. Even without Sonic Studio 2. Very strange. Will I still get fake 5.1 from stereo with this driver and without Sonic Studio 2? And I assume it will bring back my "real" 5.1 audio where the test will work in all 5.1 speakers?

I am assuming since I never had the DTS stuff nor do I need it, if I do not want to worry about Sonic Suite 2, I can just use this driver and not install all the DTS stuff? So just use this uninstall/install process?

NSTALL

/!\ Only if you already had Realtek HD Audio Driver installed /!\
1) Uninstall it (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
2) Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
dts | a-volute | avolute | hdx | realtek
3) Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Package" button then restart your PC
4) Perform a cleanup of the registry (with CCleaner Free or others)

- Launch "Setup.exe" > "Next" > The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"

Thanks,

BJBBJB

BJBBJB wrote:
Is there any difference between the 4/20 and 4/24 links? I get the same filename for the HDA - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF DTS&RTK driver? I am the one with the Maximus Hero VIII and was just getting around to downloading the drivers.... Guess I will go without sonic suite 2.

I realized it was so long since I looked at this I was actually running the version 6.0.1.8468 drivers from the Asus driver page (didn't even remember doing that update a while ago) which did not give me 5.1 audio in the supremeFX tab test although I get pseudo 5 speaker sound from stereo. Even without Sonic Studio 2. Very strange. Will I still get fake 5.1 from stereo with this driver and without Sonic Studio 2? And I assume it will bring back my "real" 5.1 audio where the test will work in all 5.1 speakers?

I am assuming since I never had the DTS stuff nor do I need it, if I do not want to worry about Sonic Suite 2, I can just use this driver and not install all the DTS stuff? So just use this uninstall/install process?

NSTALL

/!\ Only if you already had Realtek HD Audio Driver installed /!\
1) Uninstall it (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
2) Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
dts | a-volute | avolute | hdx | realtek
3) Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Package" button then restart your PC
4) Perform a cleanup of the registry (with CCleaner Free or others)

- Launch "Setup.exe" > "Next" > The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"

Thanks,

BJBBJB

Hi,

20/04/2020 : AUDIO_Realtek_HDA_ASUS_ROG-PRIME-TUF_DTS&RTK_v6.0.8899.1
24/04/2020 : AUDIO_Realtek_HDA_ASUS_ROG-PRIME-TUF_DTS&RTK_v6.0.8924.1