Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    This explains why you had your "Unknown error" when you tried to update with the latest Intel Chipset Drivers package : Your existing install of Intel Chipset Drivers was corrupted (software issue, not drivers issue).

There should be a pre-filled path, could you copy it pasted here ? This will allow us to identify the version that caused your issue.
    C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{44C34709-F068-4CBC-8A71-515EDBC3B2A6}v10.1.18383.8213\
    It shows I have the latest version installed already, but wont allow it to be uninstalled (Win update installed these automatically).
    Anyway, there is no chipset drivers under Device Manager...

New ROGer Array

Yes, but not properly installed (only software badly installed and no chipset drivers installed), hence the error during the uninstall.

We will try to repair your Intel Chispet Drivers install in order to properly uninstall and reinstall your Intel Chispet Drivers (like explained here) :

- Download/Extract this (this is the folder you are missing) : Link
    - Open a Explorer window then past this in the address bar : C:\ProgramData\Package Cache
    - Copy/Past in the extracted folder ({44C34709-F068-4CBC-8A71-515EDBC3B2A6}v10.1.18383.8213 folder with SetupChipsetx64.msi & media1.cab in)
    - Uninstall your current Intel Chipset Drivers package (via Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
    - Install the latest Intel Chipset Drivers package

You can see the version of the package in your installed apps (Windows Settings > Apps).

If you want see the drivers versions, the easiest and fastest way is to use Driver Store Explorer (because the devices are different according to the motherboards) by looking in System devices at the Intel .inf ending with system and which have the field of the last column Device Name filled.

Note (from Intel) : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software uses an unusual date for the devices it is targeting. The date 07/18/1968 is symbolic - Intel was founded that day. The reason this date is used is to lower the rank of Intel(R) Chipset Device Software. This is necessary because it's a supporting utility that should not overwrite any other drivers.
    I copy-pasted the folder with included files, it says: SetupChipsetx64.msi is not valid installation package for the product Intel Chipset Device Software.

New ROGer Array

Sorry, I'm out of idea, the installation of your Intel Chipset Drivers probably had to be done at the same time as the installation via Windows Update which probably generated a conflict.
    I guess that caused it indeed, anyway, thanks a lot!

Unless this thing could cause some problems or conflicts during everyday usage of my pc, Il keep it as it is for now.

I guess Windows Recovery would do the trick?

New ROGer Array

No you fear nothing at all, the Intel Chipset Drivers are called drivers but they are not really drivers, they have nothing functional/active, they just serve to recognize the product names in Device Manager, to identify all the pieces of the chipset.

Nevertheless I understand your frustration and your desire to clean it up, so indeed a Windows Recovery could fix your issue, but the most effective would be a clean install.
    I fully cleaned up leftovers from registry and managed to install chipset drivers.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I'm kind of at a loss. I'm using Driver Store Explorer, but none of the INTEL entries have the word "chipset" in any of them, so I'm not sure which chipset driver version is currently on my system. Either way, which is the most updated chipset driver for my Asus Rampage VI Extreme Omega motherboard from your list?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1System : SSD Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Games : SSD Corsair MP510 240GB | Data : SSHD Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad PECHAM MPad-XXL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 10 64 bit 20H2/VB/19042.x

Quote Originally Posted by sehlat View Post
    I'm kind of at a loss. I'm using Driver Store Explorer, but none of the INTEL entries have the word "chipset" in any of them, so I'm not sure which chipset driver version is currently on my system.
    Hi,

You can see the version of the Intel Chipset Drivers package in your installed apps (Windows Settings > Apps).

If you want see the drivers versions, the easiest and fastest way is to use Driver Store Explorer (because the devices are different according to the motherboards) by looking in System devices at the Intel .inf ending with system (and not chipset) and which have the field of the last column Device Name filled.

Note (from Intel) : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software uses an unusual date for the devices it is targeting. The date 07/18/1968 is symbolic - Intel was founded that day. The reason this date is used is to lower the rank of Intel(R) Chipset Device Software. This is necessary because it's a supporting utility that should not overwrite any other drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by sehlat View Post
    Either way, which is the most updated chipset driver for my Asus Rampage VI Extreme Omega motherboard from your list?
    You need this one :

- Intel Chipset Drivers (Drivers Only Package) :
    Package - X299 : 10.1.18295.8201 WHQL [03/02/2020]
    Download - X299 : Link
    Last edited by MoKiChU; 07-12-2020 at 06:08 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array EaglePC PC Specs
    EaglePC PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING
    ProcessorI9-7900X
    Memory (part number)CMW32GX4M4C3000C15
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 970 PRO 512GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR H115i PRO

Hi everyone,

- Intel Chipset Drivers (Drivers Only Package) :
    Package - X299 : 10.1.18435.8224 WHQL [22/06/2020]
    Download - X299 : Link

Thread updated.

very confused kabylakepch-h missing files strix x299 gaming
    Asus Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7940X / Corsair H115i Pro / CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3000MHz / EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE GAMING BLACK Edition / 2x Samsung 970 Pro NMVe 1GB / 4x Samsung 850 PRO - 2TB / Asus ROG Swift PG348Q / Corsair AX 1500i / Thermaltake View 71 RGB PC Case /Win 10 PRO x64

ROG Junior Member Array

Hi MoKiChU,

I appreciate your work you have done here!

I have this little problem with my clean 2004 install. Did all these drivers upgrade month ago. And now with previous version of LMS and now with this new version of LMS.

Something has gone wrong with LMS Service. Didn't find any clue in inf-file or Windows registry or trying fix that path where service executable is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc-start.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	85721

Also tried this as Administrator:

sc config LMS binpath="c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepos itory\lms.inf_amd64_9c1ec18c04feca8d\LMS.exe"

Always can't find the executable when trying to start the service.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1System : SSD Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Games : SSD Corsair MP510 240GB | Data : SSHD Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad PECHAM MPad-XXL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 10 64 bit 20H2/VB/19042.x

Quote Originally Posted by CoreBone View Post
    Hi MoKiChU,

I appreciate your work you have done here!

I have this little problem with my clean 2004 install. Did all these drivers upgrade month ago. And now with previous version of LMS and now with this new version of LMS.

Something has gone wrong with LMS Service. Didn't find any clue in inf-file or Windows registry or trying fix that path where service executable is.
    Hi,

If you don't install the Intel MEI SWC drivers (DAL, ICLS & LMS) fast enough, Windows Update will do it for you with older versions than the ones I provided because the install order of these SWC drivers is initied by Intel MEI drivers itself. Maybe there was a conflict when Windows Update tried to update them probably at the same time as you.

In order to avoid this scenario, and in order to simplify and speed up the update process, I scripted the install of the 4 drivers (MEI + 3 SWC) then automatic restart when install is done so as not to give Windows Update time to download/install them and generate a conflict. So :

- If you had Intel Management Engine Components in your apps installed : Uninstall it (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
    - Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of these drivers .inf (if you find them) : heci.inf | dal.inf | dal_wc.inf | iclsclient.inf | lms.inf
    - Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC
    - Redownload the Intel MEI drivers package from the first post of this thread
    - Follow the new Install/Update Process

ROG Junior Member Array

Thank you,

It was only leftover from primary drivers site Intel Management Engine Interface driver package.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast