Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array piratino PC Specs
    piratino PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)OMEN by HP [15-dh0057nl]
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX Z590-I GAMING WIFI
    ProcessorIntel Core i711700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3000MHz CL15-15-15-35 1.35V - F4-3000C15D-32GVR
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce® RTX 3070 Noctua OC Edition 8GB GDDR6
    Sound CardHeadset: Creative Sound BlasterX G1 Portable 7.1 Soundcard /Speakers: [motherboard integrated]
    MonitorHP OMEN X 27
    Storage #1OS: FireCuda 520 SSD 500GB [ZP500GM30002] /Game: FireCuda 520 SSD 1TB [ZP1000GM30002]
    Storage #2Data: Seagate FireCuda Solid State Hybrid Drive 2TB (SSHD) [ST2000DX002]
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S w/ extra Noctua NF-A15 PWM fan in push-pull configuration
    CaseSilverStone SG10 [SST-SG10B (Black)]
    Power SupplyCorsair SF750 Platinum
    Keyboard Work: Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard /Game: Keyboard E-YOOSO K-700 [CherryMX Silver Speed Switches]
    Mouse Work: Logitech Wireless Mouse MX Master 2S /Game: Logitech G-Pro X ULTRALIGHT Wireless
    Headset Game: Superlux HD 668B
    Mouse Pad ARTISAN Ninja FX Raiden MID [Black-XL]
    Headset/Speakers Room/Ambient: Creative Labs DTT2200 Desktop Theater Digital 5.1 Computer Speaker System
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Professional

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

No, as long as you don't have any issue, you don't have to follow the process above to avoid ZoneID blocking trouble, unitarily or completely (except for convenience so as not to have to face ZoneID trouble).

You can, of course, still use the Explorer method :

- Windows 10 : Right click > Install > Wait for the message "The operation completed successfully" or for restart request.
    - Windows 11 : Right click > Show more options > Install > Wait for the message "The operation completed successfully" or for restart request.
    Amazing!
    Thanks as always for everything. I use all your drivers and they are just great!!
    Ciao!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

@MoKiChU Driver Updates

Hi everyone,

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :
    Drivers : 2131.1.4.0 WHQL [27/07/2021]

Download : Link

Thread updated.

As always Thank you @MoKiChU. You are appreciated. STAY WELL!

ROG Enthusiast Array howxcore PC Specs
    howxcore PC Specs
    MotherboardMaxims XI Hero- Wifi
    ProcessorCore I9 9900k 5.0 ghz
    Memory (part number)G.skill tridentz rgb 3600mhz 32gb
    Graphics Card #1rtx 3090 ftw3 ultra
    Sound CardSound Blaster X AE-5
    MonitorViewsonic XG270QG, BENQ PD3200U
    Storage #1970 evo m.2 1tb
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra 3D SSD 2TB
    CPU Coolernzxt kraken x62
    Casenzxt 700i
    Power Supplyseasonic titanium 1000w
    Keyboard logitech g915 TKL
    Mouse logitech g502
    Headset Logitech G935 wireless
    Mouse Pad ICEMAT
    Headset/Speakers logitech z5500
    OS windows 10 pro 2004

Hi MoKIChU . I have a question regarding driver store explorer.

There is a {null} section on the top of the list, which i've just recently noticed after i upgraded to windows 11. Is it safe to remove those .inf files? Thanks in advance.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos drvrstrexplorer.jpg  

Last edited by howxcore; 11-13-2021 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Forgot something

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1SSD NVMe Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
    Storage #2SSD NVMe Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | SSD NVMe Corsair Force MP510 240GB | SSHD AHCI Seagate FireCuda 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Strix Scope NX TKL Deluxe
    Mouse ASUS ROG Chakram Core
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 11 Pro 22H2

Quote Originally Posted by howxcore View Post
    Hi MoKIChU . I have a question regarding driver store explorer.

There is a {null} section on the top of the list, which i've just recently noticed after i upgraded to windows 11.
    Hi,

This {null} section is not due to your upgrade to Windows 11, but it is because you have chosen the sort method by Device Name (while the default sort method is by Driver Class).

Quote Originally Posted by howxcore View Post
    Is it safe to remove those .inf files? Thanks in advance.
    Note that some drivers, despite being used by your system, will never have the Device Name field filled in (like Extensions drivers for example), or the Device Name will have field filled in only if the device is present and connected, so do not rely on this to know if your drivers are useful for your system or not. So generally speaking, don't remove any drivers manually unless you know exactly what you're doing.

The only safe action that you can take on a regular basis is the action of remove the automatic selection of old unused drivers (Click on the Select Old Driver(s) button > Check the box Force Deletion then click on the Delete Driver(s) button > Restart your PC), but be aware that this automatic method does not apply it to the Storage controllers drivers & System devices drivers for safety reasons (to avoid any situation where a system start is no longer possible), so for these drivers categories the removal of old unused drivers must be done manually (again, only if you know exactly what you are doing).

So concretely, concerning your Driver Store Explorer screenshot, you can delete lms driver (which is no longer used by Intel MEI drivers as I have explained several times) and the prnms... drivers (which are generic printers system built-in drivers which will be redownloaded automatically later by Windows Update if you use a printer that does not use its own drivers, which is rarely the case). The ialpss2... drivers are part of your Intel Serial IO drivers package (GPIO, I2C, SPI & UART), which your system uses only the GPIO module driver obviously, so if you are sure that you have not disabled the other Intel Serial IO modules devices in your Device Manager, you can remove the I2C, SPI & UART unused modules drivers (but there is no "need" to remove them, it's just to be into your logic to have a DriverStore containing only drivers used by your system which I understand perfectly).

ROG Enthusiast Array howxcore PC Specs
    howxcore PC Specs
    MotherboardMaxims XI Hero- Wifi
    ProcessorCore I9 9900k 5.0 ghz
    Memory (part number)G.skill tridentz rgb 3600mhz 32gb
    Graphics Card #1rtx 3090 ftw3 ultra
    Sound CardSound Blaster X AE-5
    MonitorViewsonic XG270QG, BENQ PD3200U
    Storage #1970 evo m.2 1tb
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra 3D SSD 2TB
    CPU Coolernzxt kraken x62
    Casenzxt 700i
    Power Supplyseasonic titanium 1000w
    Keyboard logitech g915 TKL
    Mouse logitech g502
    Headset Logitech G935 wireless
    Mouse Pad ICEMAT
    Headset/Speakers logitech z5500
    OS windows 10 pro 2004

Hi,

This {null} section is not due to your upgrade to Windows 11, but it is because you have chosen the sort method by Device Name (while the default sort method is by Driver Class).

Note that some drivers, despite being used by your system, will never have the Device Name field filled in (like Extensions drivers for example), or the Device Name will have field filled in only if the device is present and connected, so do not rely on this to know if your drivers are useful for your system or not. So generally speaking, don't remove any drivers manually unless you know exactly what you're doing.

The only safe action that you can take on a regular basis is the action of remove the automatic selection of old unused drivers (Click on the Select Old Driver(s) button > Check the box Force Deletion then click on the Delete Driver(s) button > Restart your PC), but be aware that this automatic method does not apply it to the Storage controllers drivers & System devices drivers for safety reasons (to avoid any situation where a system start is no longer possible), so for these drivers categories the removal of old unused drivers must be done manually (again, only if you know exactly what you are doing).

So concretely, concerning your Driver Store Explorer screenshot, you can delete lms driver (which is no longer used by Intel MEI drivers as I have explained several times) and the prnms... drivers (which are generic printers system built-in drivers which will be redownloaded automatically later by Windows Update if you use a printer that does not use its own drivers, which is rarely the case). The ialpss2... drivers are part of your Intel Serial IO drivers package (GPIO, I2C, SPI & UART), which your system uses only the GPIO module driver obviously, so if you are sure that you have not disabled the other Intel Serial IO modules devices in your Device Manager, you can remove the I2C, SPI & UART unused modules drivers (but there is no "need" to remove them, it's just to be into your logic to have a DriverStore containing only drivers used by your system which I understand perfectly).
    Understood! Huge thanks.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array DmitriyS PC Specs
    DmitriyS PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME
    Processori9-9900K
    Memory (part number)2x8Gb F4-4000C18D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Palit GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock (NEB1080T15P
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220
    MonitorASUS VG248QE (None G-Sync)
    Storage #11 TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 PRO [MZ-V7P1T0BW]
    Storage #22ТB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 & 3ТБ TOSHIBA DT01ACA300
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black
    CasePHANTEKS Enthoo Pro 2 TG RGB Black
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME ULTRA 850W TITANIUM RTL (SSR-850TR)
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse ASUS ROG Gladius II Origin
    Mouse Pad ROG Sheath
    OS Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1
    Network RouterKEENETIC Giga (kn-1010)

Thank you @MoKiChU

New ROGer Array

Hey mokichu, I don't understand if I need intel DAL/ICLS/LMS (now WMI).

DAL looks like it's something about run java code, LMS and WMI probably for remote management. About ICLS instead I didn't find anything. What do I lose by only installing heci.inf?

New ROGer Array

Hi,

Already answered many times : If you don't install the imposed DAL, ICLS & WMI SWC drivers, Windows Update will install them for you with older versions because the install order of these SWC drivers is initied/imposed by Intel MEI driver itself.
    Yes I knew about this, but if I do "rollback driver" after these older versions get installed then windows update won't download them again. At least on windows 11 dev build.

Is there any downside?

New ROGer Array

Yeah, not intended by Intel but I'm confident I can disable DAL and WMI for what they are supposed to do.

Really confused about iCLS. When installed there's a "TPM provisioning service" running for a few seconds when you enter the operating system, but if I don't have iCLS my tpm 2.0 works anyways. Is there any documentation about it?

ROG Member Array

Rog maximus xi hero (wi-fi) z390

Hi everyone,

- Intel Chipset Drivers :
    Package : 10.1.18838.8284 WHQL [30/07/2021]

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :
    Drivers : 2131.1.4.0 WHQL [27/07/2021]

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :
    Drivers - 4xx/5xx : 18.36.4.1022 WHQL [03/09/2021]
    Drivers - 2xx/3xx : 17.11.0.1000 WHQL [30/09/2021]
    Drivers - 1xx : 17.7.1.1010 WHQL [02/03/2021]
    Download - 4xx/5xx : Link
    Download - 2xx/3xx : Link
    Download - 1xx : Link

- Intel VMD Drivers (Drivers Only) :
    Drivers - 6xx : 19.1.0.1001 WHQL [17/09/2021]
    Download - 6xx : Link

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
    Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel 1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets.

Couldn't find a specific thread for my MB (Maximus XI Z390). Is this drivers safe to use on my motherboard? Tks a lot :-)

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast