cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless LAN Problems ASUS G74SX-TZ289V

Transvestor
Level 7
Hey Guys,

so basically I bought a new ASUS G74SX-TZ289V Laptop, which ran perfectly fine.
Till I started to play League of Legends and watched some streams, where I actually started to realize that my WLAN connection is starting to mess up.... it makes me Spike ingame and also the streams I'm watching are stoping sometimes for about 2 secs, it's like small disconnections... Btw I also installed the lastest Atheros on the Asus Support site in the download section.
I also tried to deinstall the Adapter/Driver and install the ones from the CD which came with the Laptop, IT DID NOT HELP !
It only happens to my laptop.... I always had wireless lan and never had this problem before, also with other laptops or desktop pcs...

On the back of my PC it says

802.11n-BT Combo Card
Model number: AR5B195

Which Drivers/Adapter should I use can someone please help me since im the biggest noob when its coming to networkstuff ....
9 REPLIES 9

BrodyBoy
Level 10
The latest Atheros driver is version 9.2.1.470.

Thank you good sir.

i have the same problem but my wireless adapter is a intel centrilo wireless n 6150
its a g74sx bbk8 or 9 i dont remember
1tb hardrive
nvidia 560gtx
o my god.. i been trying a lot of things.. and nothing works...
the only problem with this laptop is the wireless
i al ready tryed disabling that but dont works
Hope some one can help me please
i already have the updated driver downloaded directly from intel

some days work fine some weeks i cant even get connected
some days it just randomly disconnects and connects
some days i just got the msg connected but with limited permision @no internet@
another laptops or devices wireless works fine in the house

Ye I also still got the same problem, I'm using Powerline atm but a stable Wireless connectiong troughout my laptop would be more appriciated to be honest.....

Noone got any solution for this ?

BrodyBoy wrote:
The latest Atheros driver is version 9.2.1.470.

Sorry Brody,

why these drivers, 9.2.1.470, don't are on the ASUS's web site? Why they don't update the version that is it? We consumers must read this forum for update the our machine?

Thanks!
ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black

Symho wrote:
Sorry Brody,

why these drivers, 9.2.1.470, don't are on the ASUS's web site? Why they don't update the version that is it? We consumers must read this forum for update the our machine?

Thanks!

Good to hear from you again, Symho. 😉

I miss Brody, too.. But in case you haven't noticed, it seems like he's
currently on vacation somewhere.. Hope he'll be back the soonest.
(Brody, hope you're just out there, having a good tan..:cool:))

Anyway, I have this small piece of unsolicited advice.. don't expect too much from ASUS.
As you should have known by now, ASUS doesn't do software updates "pronto".
For the record, it has this perennial habit of updating BIOS of "God-knows-when".
So, how would you expect it to update every software, related to your G74, or mine?

In short,.. there are plenty of things for our lappy that we need to do-it-ourselves..
(And trust me, we will be better of, doing them ourselves..)
ASUS G74SX-3DE

PILGRIM wrote:
Good to hear from you again, Symho. 😉

I miss Brody, too.. But in case you haven't noticed, it seems like he's
currently on vacation somewhere.. Hope he'll be back the soonest.
(Brody, hope you're just out there, having a good tan..:cool:))

Anyway, I have this small piece of unsolicited advice.. don't expect too much from ASUS.
As you should have known by now, ASUS doesn't do software updates "pronto".
For the record, it has this perennial habit of updating BIOS of "God-knows-when".
So, how would you expect it to update every software, related to your G74, or mine?

In short,.. there are plenty of things for our lappy that we need to do-it-ourselves..
(And trust me, we will be better of, doing them ourselves..)

Hi Pilgrim how are you? Thanks for your answer!

Well, i have noticed that ASUS don't know what it is mean "costumer satisfaction"! Ihave another laptop and SONY help me in every problems! They update regularly their softwares on my PC, it is 2009!!!
Why I must pay for a PC that haven't assistance and many stupid softwares? I have noticed the new G75 laptop but I will not buy becase ASUS think only to sell and stop!
Also my G74 had many problem with 2 RMA!!! And I must read a forum for update my PC??? Not much serious!
However Pilgrim thanks so much!
See you soon!

Symho
ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black

Not to Hijack the thread but if I wanted to replace the Atheros WiFi card in my Asus G74SX - Where could I find it? The UPGRADE guide on here for the G74SX seems to overlook this critical part.

Any links to a relevant article would be welcomed!

dstrakele
Level 14
Check out this post: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?10208-Dropping-wireless-connection-with-Atheros-card&p=6949....
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT