cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI Extreme Encore and Dual Strix 2080 Ti's Problems

MattFinn
Level 7
I posted this in the Hardware and Advice but, found this area and thought it would be better suited here.

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to start with saying everyone here is great. The info I have found here has helped me troubleshoot some issues previously. Great stuff! I have a problem with my graphics card in PCIe_1. I have been involved with a lot of RMAed Rampage VI Extreme's (Now upgraded to Rampage VI Extreme Encore brand new out of the box). When the Rampage VI Extreme Encore was first installed. I had 2- Brand new Strix 2080 Ti's installed at the exact same time. On the original install the the GPU in PCIe_2 didn't post in the motherboard BIOS GPU post. The GPU in PCIe_1 does post in the motherboard BIOS GPU post. Swapped these two GPU's around in their respective PCIe slots. Now the original GPU in PCIe_1 still works and post in PCIe_2. The original GPU in PCIe_2 doesn't work or post in GPU post in PCIe_1. Asus RMAed again with a brand new Strix 2080 Ti. Installed the new GPU into PCIe_1. Still this brand new GPU doesn't post in GPU post in the BIOS nor does it show in the device manager. I have swapped the PCIe power cable sets around and both sets fully power the one working GPU. Is there anything I am missing? Thank you for your help!

SYSTEM SPECS:
Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore
2- RTX Strix 2080 Ti's (NVlink-SLI) Watercooled
Intel i9-10900x
64gb 3200 Mhz Corsair DDR4 Ram (8 DIMMS Populated)
Corsair AXi 1600 Power Supply
Corsair MP510 240gb installed in M.2_1 & M.2_2 in (RAID 0)
DIMM.2_1 & DIMM.2_2 populated with Corsair MP510 480gb
1-Seagate Barracuda SATA SSD Game Cache
3-Seagate Barracuda SATA HDD General Storage
1 REPLY 1

BigJohnny
Level 13
You don’t have any PCIE slots set for VROC use do you? Or that a lot set for less than X8?*
Also as a habit I go though everything and set it to PCIE Gen 3 max speed. *