cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix-E x570 issues running two M2 drives

nevinyrrals
Level 7
I have one m2 nmve ssd (WD SN750) i run in the top slot as my boot drive and everything works fine. I tried to install a second m2 nmve ssd (WD SN550) on the bottom slot and it will not work. It reaches the Asus logo where it has the "press del/f2 to enter setup" screen and is just stuck there even pressing del/f2. Has anyone encountered this? any suggestions...
2 REPLIES 2

AS185
Level 10
Boot into BIOS with the first nvme SSD. Check if there are any options available in the NVMe Configuration menu. If there's nothing to adjust there then go to Boot Menu. Inside locate the Boot From Storage Device option and change to UEFI only. Locate Boot From PCI-E/PCI Expansion Devices and adjust to UEFI Only. Save, restart, boot into Windows, and shutdown. Attach your 2nd nvme SSD. Check in BIOS if it appears. If it doesn't, don't worry just yet. Boot into Windows and see if it appears in Manage Storage Spaces menu. Hopefully, this works.

AS185 wrote:
Boot into BIOS with the first nvme SSD. Check if there are any options available in the NVMe Configuration menu. If there's nothing to adjust there then go to Boot Menu. Inside locate the Boot From Storage Device option and change to UEFI only. Locate Boot From PCI-E/PCI Expansion Devices and adjust to UEFI Only. Save, restart, boot into Windows, and shutdown. Attach your 2nd nvme SSD. Check in BIOS if it appears. If it doesn't, don't worry just yet. Boot into Windows and see if it appears in Manage Storage Spaces menu. Hopefully, this works.

Hi

I hope you don't me bringing up this thread.

I have an Asus X570-E Gaming motherboad, Ryzen 3700X and a Sabrent 1TB NVME and Corsair MP510 NVME.

If I put either of these drives into the top slot then they will boot into Windows (have Windows installed on both). My issue is that if I put any of the two drives into the bottom slot, they are not recognized. I've also tried to only put a drive in the bottom slot, leaving the top one empty, but again, they are not recognized. When in bottom slot, or as a second drive, they do not show up in the BIOS or Windows (only show up when there is a single drive in top slot).

I just want to have one drive for Windows and the other for data, but I can't get two drives to show up.

I've tried the steps above, but to no avail.

This is driving me cray. Can anyone help?

Thanks.