New ROGer Array

ASUS ROG Strix-E x570 issues running two M2 drives

I have one m2 nmve ssd (WD SN750) i run in the top slot as my boot drive and everything works fine. I tried to install a second m2 nmve ssd (WD SN550) on the bottom slot and it will not work. It reaches the Asus logo where it has the "press del/f2 to enter setup" screen and is just stuck there even pressing del/f2. Has anyone encountered this? any suggestions...

New ROGer Array AS185 PC Specs
    AS185 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo Y700-17ISK
    MotherboardZenith Extreme
    ProcessorAMD 1950X
    Memory (part number)8 x G Skill F4-3200C16D-32GTZKW @ 2666MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Titan RTX
    Sound CardIntegrated SupremeFX
    MonitorMSi G27C4
    Storage #16 x PNY 2TB XLR8 CS3030 in Raid 0
    Storage #23 x 1TB Crucial MX500
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water3.0 Ultimate
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 900D
    Power SupplyCooler Master MasterWatt Maker 1200W
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mambe TE
    Mouse Pad steelseries
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5300e
    OS Windows 10 Home x64
    Accessory #1 Asus Hyper M.2 X16 Card V2
    Accessory #2 Asus DIMM.2 card in slot
    Accessory #3 KingMod Corsair 900D Silencing Kit

Boot into BIOS with the first nvme SSD. Check if there are any options available in the NVMe Configuration menu. If there's nothing to adjust there then go to Boot Menu. Inside locate the Boot From Storage Device option and change to UEFI only. Locate Boot From PCI-E/PCI Expansion Devices and adjust to UEFI Only. Save, restart, boot into Windows, and shutdown. Attach your 2nd nvme SSD. Check in BIOS if it appears. If it doesn't, don't worry just yet. Boot into Windows and see if it appears in Manage Storage Spaces menu. Hopefully, this works.

ROG Junior Member Array inb2072 PC Specs
    inb2072 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Motherboard Maximus Viii Hero Alpha
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series F4-3200C16D-16GVK DDR4 3200MHZ 16GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 A8G ROG Strix 1670/1809 MHz 8GB
    Storage #1Sandisk Ssd Plus 120GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 2.5" 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H110i GT
    CasePhanteks PH-ES515ETG_BK Enthoo Evolv ATX Computer Case - Tempered Glass Edition
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 750W
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Unable to use both NVME slots on Asus X570-E Gaming

Quote Originally Posted by AS185 View Post
    Boot into BIOS with the first nvme SSD. Check if there are any options available in the NVMe Configuration menu. If there's nothing to adjust there then go to Boot Menu. Inside locate the Boot From Storage Device option and change to UEFI only. Locate Boot From PCI-E/PCI Expansion Devices and adjust to UEFI Only. Save, restart, boot into Windows, and shutdown. Attach your 2nd nvme SSD. Check in BIOS if it appears. If it doesn't, don't worry just yet. Boot into Windows and see if it appears in Manage Storage Spaces menu. Hopefully, this works.
    Hi

I hope you don't me bringing up this thread.

I have an Asus X570-E Gaming motherboad, Ryzen 3700X and a Sabrent 1TB NVME and Corsair MP510 NVME.

If I put either of these drives into the top slot then they will boot into Windows (have Windows installed on both). My issue is that if I put any of the two drives into the bottom slot, they are not recognized. I've also tried to only put a drive in the bottom slot, leaving the top one empty, but again, they are not recognized. When in bottom slot, or as a second drive, they do not show up in the BIOS or Windows (only show up when there is a single drive in top slot).

I just want to have one drive for Windows and the other for data, but I can't get two drives to show up.

I've tried the steps above, but to no avail.

This is driving me cray. Can anyone help?

Thanks.