cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[REPLACEMENT SCREWS] ROG Strix Radeon RX 5700 XT series

SweetPapaya
Level 7
Dear Community,

Does anybody know if I can order the replacement screws from Asus to be delivered to other part of the world instead of the country where I purchased the card? I bought the card in Malaysia and there are no support shops here where I live. The serial number is 90YV0D90-M0NA00 (Universal). It is impossible now for me to travel to Malaysia just to fix this issue. I am okay to change and tighten the screws myself.

Let me know the email address where I could request this.

Many thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

SweetPapaya
Level 7
Just to follow-up on my previous post, could anybody help me on that?

Thank you.

Falkentyne
Level 12
Do you know what kind of screws they are?
Most standard screws can be purchased quite cheaply from Laptopscrews.com, like m2's, m2.5's, etc, of various lengths and head shapes.

Bizarre screws, like some of those used on laptop heatsinks, that have some weird combination of a head, a guard stop and the thread, can't usually be bought there.
They have perfect screws for reference AMD Vega64 and 5700 XT video cards (X-bracket, PCB, etc).

Falkentyne wrote:
Do you know what kind of screws they are?
Most standard screws can be purchased quite cheaply from Laptopscrews.com, like m2's, m2.5's, etc, of various lengths and head shapes.

Bizarre screws, like some of those used on laptop heatsinks, that have some weird combination of a head, a guard stop and the thread, can't usually be bought there.
They have perfect screws for reference AMD Vega64 and 5700 XT video cards (X-bracket, PCB, etc).

Thank you for the response, appreciate! And thanks for the idea, will check out the store.

Unfortunately I have no idea what screw is that, is there a way I can tell? I have ROG Strix Radeon RX 5700 XT series.

Cheers!

Richd1963
Level 7
I had the same overheating issues with this card as time went on. I tried contacting ASUS to get replacement screws and they told me to send the card in to them for warranty repair. Just mailed it off yesterday.

Richd1963 wrote:
I had the same overheating issues with this card as time went on. I tried contacting ASUS to get replacement screws and they told me to send the card in to them for warranty repair. Just mailed it off yesterday.

Hey there,

Unfortunately, I am not able to send the card for warranty repair as I live in a different continent now and the mailing costs would be through the roof. But I ordered some Grizzly paste and thermal pads, will change those as well as tighten the screws. I already got 15C down by just swapping and tightening the screws. Would like to get another 10C down (hopefully the new paste and pads will do the trick) and I am good. 🙂