cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GA502DU-BQ030 microphone problem and can I install an hdd?

sakuratoxo
Level 7
Hello,

I have bought a laptop and recently installed windows 10 pro. The microphone of my laptop does not work even when it is enabled and I have done the tests that Windows sends.

I would also like to know if I can install an hdd since it comes from the factory with a ssd nvme but I wanted to know if the laptop comes with space for a slot to be able to put it on without losing the warranty. or put it on later.

Thanks for read
7 REPLIES 7

jdfrench3
Level 12
Did your laptop come with Windows 10 installed ?

The GA502DU can have two NVMe drives.

Here's a video showing the teardown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp0xyJQVIlU

Please post a copy of your Device Manager with expanded Audio Inputs and Sound (arrows on picture):
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

It appears to me like this

If your laptop did not come with an OS. Did you install all the ASUS programs and drivers found on your Driver DVD? Yes I know you don't have a DVD player. Did your laptop come with a Driver USB? How did you install all the ASUS drivers and programs?

The Driver DVD for your laptop can be found with the below link. It's a German site (use translator if needed), the downloads are in English.

https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/download/60-windows-10/830-ga502du-treiber-dvd

Download this Driver DVD ISO file, extract the ISO file, then right-click on the extracted ISO file and mount. Copy the results to a folder and rename the folder "eSupport". This would be what this laptop would have had installed with an OS.

Now go into the eSupport Folder and find the ASUS Installation Wizard (AsInsWiz.exe). Use this program to install all the original ASUS drivers and programs. Your microphone should now be discovered, and drivers assigned.

If this still doesn't work, make a copy of your eSupport Folder on a USB, then format your OS drive and reinstall Windows. Now BEFORE you start updating Windows, install your eSupport Folder and use the ASUS Installation Wizard to install all the original ASUS drivers and programs. Once that is done, reboot your laptop and allow Windows to update itself. Your microphone should now be seen in the Device Manager.

If there are any further questions look at my "Sticky" at the top of this sub-forum labeled "of your eSupport Folder before formating your OS drive!".

Removal of the back to your laptop would not void your warranty.

Good Luck
Homebuilt Windows Server

sakuratoxo
Level 7
Yes, my laptop came without OS, nor did it bring any dvd with drivers or anything. I appreciate that you have sent me the link to be able to put them, since I had downloaded the programs that were in the support of asus and although I tried to install them through powershell as it was specified, it was not going well or gave me an error.

I will try to install them and mount the disk either using a dvd or a usb.

Now that I have seen thanks to you that I can put a new ssd nvme, if I put it without the two-year warranty, would I lose it or could it be put without problem?

It is to order it and mount it now and thus leave the ssd for the programs and the data in the other so as not to overload it and make it slower.

Thank you very much for your help. I will tell you if i fix it

Blake1
Level 10
Hello sakuratoxo,
Soft remind,
dismantling the device yourself will lose warranty.
You may bring the device and the hard disk to service center and ask our agents to install it for you.
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello sakuratoxo,
Soft remind,
dismantling the device yourself will lose warranty.
You may bring the device and the hard disk to service center and ask our agents to install it for you.
Thank you.

OK, Blake@ASUS:
ASUS builds a laptop that has no access panels on the back. Instead it designs one that the entire back is the access. No warranty lost. Bark another tree!

As for ASUS selling a laptop without a OS and not providing any eSupport folder is bad, but ASUS doesn't provide copies of any eSupport folders for any of their products. Things have changed since ASUS quit including support discs with their laptops.
Homebuilt Windows Server

Blake1
Level 10
Hello jdfrench3,
Thank you for your feedback.