cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate Not working

mikiemouse
Level 7
Armoury crate stop working... reinstall it more that 30 times but no luck...

Faulting application name: ArmouryCrate.Service.exe, version: 2.6.13.0, time stamp: 0x5e5742a7
Faulting module name: libusb-1.0.dll, version: 1.0.22.11312, time stamp: 0x5ab6f2db
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000aa8e
Faulting process id: 0x1650
Faulting application start time: 0x01d617c4c8a916a9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Lite Service\ArmouryCrate.Service.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Lite Service\HWComponentPlugin\libusb-1.0.dll
Report Id: 6f8b4c55-6a2b-4399-b6d2-a9248275a5fc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
-----------

Application: ArmouryCrate.Service.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFD2A89AA8E
2 REPLIES 2

SilenMar
Level 7
It is a mess when crap RGB stuff has no industry standard. And every time Armoury will be killed by Anti-cheat mechanism in Rainbow Six Siege.
Reinstalling your OS turns out to be the fastest option since ASUS has never told you how to completely uninstall Armoury Crate.
I tried a lot of times as well.

The fastest approach is an OS reinstallation. Take 30 minutes.

The slow approach will take several days plus multiple manually system restart.
1. You need manually delete registries, uninstall the HAL drivers, delete ASUS services, clear related folders.
2. Then enable the Z390 bios option to let the motherboard automatically download legacy ROG Armoury. If you don't have Z390 motherboard, I don't know how to get the right version either. It then becomes a bet of luck.
The legacy software will give you the right version of ASUS Com Service, to recognize the hardware.

3. After that, install the Armory Crate. If it recognizes the motherboard, the motherboard page will at least not be a white blank page saying some stupid DLL is missing.

It can be black-empty and stuck at loading, but at least it has recognized the motherboard.

4. Get the HAL drivers and services update from Armoury Crate. Then wait for server hours to let the Armoury Crate do its thing. It will automatically download other necessary stuff to make several options visible.

5. Restart the system. If you are in luck, several other options will be visible to get another service update.

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the supposed options are visible.

Then you got yourself a ****e load of crap background processes

7. Then hope all your effort is worth it.

8. If you are still interested in this ****e, you can ask how to do step 1 in detail.

Personally, I absolutely hate RGB but I need the Macro regardless. And I just want to test if I can make a crap actually work.
components in PCPartPicker
Intel 8700K - 5.1GHz core, 5.0GHz cache, 1.37v
EVGA FTW3 1080Ti Hybrid SLI - 2.0GHz core, 12GHz memory
Asus Maximus X Hero
Corsair Dominator 16x4GB - 3000MHz default XMP 15-17-17-35
Fire Strike 36838 Extreme 25250 Ultra 14464

i will try your guide im using z390-F... i actually spend almost 2 months trying to fix by uninstall and reinstalling it..
the apps just stuck at the update when you load the application... i installed revo yesterday to cleanup the application and finally
the apps load to dashboard after reinstalling but armoury service keep crashing, and i found that all .dll files under HWComponentPlugin folder
causing armoury crash and when i remove the HWcomponentplugin folder the armoury crate works but the settings on the Device is not

SilenMar wrote:
It is a mess when crap RGB stuff has no industry standard. And every time Armoury will be killed by Anti-cheat mechanism in Rainbow Six Siege.
Reinstalling your OS turns out to be the fastest option since ASUS has never told you how to completely uninstall Armoury Crate.
I tried a lot of times as well.

The fastest approach is an OS reinstallation. Take 30 minutes.

The slow approach will take several days plus multiple manually system restart.
1. You need manually delete registries, uninstall the HAL drivers, delete ASUS services, clear related folders.
2. Then enable the Z390 bios option to let the motherboard automatically download legacy ROG Armoury. If you don't have Z390 motherboard, I don't know how to get the right version either. It then becomes a bet of luck.
The legacy software will give you the right version of ASUS Com Service, to recognize the hardware.

3. After that, install the Armory Crate. If it recognizes the motherboard, the motherboard page will at least not be a white blank page saying some stupid DLL is missing.

It can be black-empty and stuck at loading, but at least it has recognized the motherboard.

4. Get the HAL drivers and services update from Armoury Crate. Then wait for server hours to let the Armoury Crate do its thing. It will automatically download other necessary stuff to make several options visible.

5. Restart the system. If you are in luck, several other options will be visible to get another service update.

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the supposed options are visible.

Then you got yourself a ****e load of crap background processes

7. Then hope all your effort is worth it.

8. If you are still interested in this ****e, you can ask how to do step 1 in detail.

Personally, I absolutely hate RGB but I need the Macro regardless. And I just want to test if I can make a crap actually work.