New ROGer Array

Angry Armoury Crate Not working

Armoury crate stop working... reinstall it more that 30 times but no luck...

Faulting application name: ArmouryCrate.Service.exe, version: 2.6.13.0, time stamp: 0x5e5742a7
    Faulting module name: libusb-1.0.dll, version: 1.0.22.11312, time stamp: 0x5ab6f2db
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000000aa8e
    Faulting process id: 0x1650
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d617c4c8a916a9
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Lite Service\ArmouryCrate.Service.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Lite Service\HWComponentPlugin\libusb-1.0.dll
    Report Id: 6f8b4c55-6a2b-4399-b6d2-a9248275a5fc
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    -----------

Application: ArmouryCrate.Service.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFD2A89AA8E

ROG Enthusiast Array SilenMar PC Specs
    SilenMar PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus - ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
    ProcessorIntel - Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair - Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3000
    Graphics Card #1EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 Hybrid
    Graphics Card #2EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 Hybrid
    MonitorBenQ - XL2546 24.5" 1920x1080 240Hz, Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 120GB
    Storage #2Seagate - BarraCuda Pro 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM x3
    CPU CoolerCorsair - H110
    CaseCorsair - Air 540 Silver ATX Mid Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA - SuperNOVA T2 1600W 80+ Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair - K95 RGB PLATINUM
    Mouse Logitech - G703 (Black) Wireless Optical
    Headset Kingston - HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Accessory #1 Noctua - NF-F12
    Accessory #2 Noctua - NF-A14 x2
    Accessory #3 Noctua - NF-P14s redux x4

Angry

It is a mess when crap RGB stuff has no industry standard. And every time Armoury will be killed by Anti-cheat mechanism in Rainbow Six Siege.
    Reinstalling your OS turns out to be the fastest option since ASUS has never told you how to completely uninstall Armoury Crate.
    I tried a lot of times as well.

The fastest approach is an OS reinstallation. Take 30 minutes.

The slow approach will take several days plus multiple manually system restart.
    1. You need manually delete registries, uninstall the HAL drivers, delete ASUS services, clear related folders.
    2. Then enable the Z390 bios option to let the motherboard automatically download legacy ROG Armoury. If you don't have Z390 motherboard, I don't know how to get the right version either. It then becomes a bet of luck.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Legacy ROG Armoury.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	84700
    The legacy software will give you the right version of ASUS Com Service, to recognize the hardware.

Name:	ASUS COM Services.PNG 
Views:	44 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	84701

3. After that, install the Armory Crate. If it recognizes the motherboard, the motherboard page will at least not be a white blank page saying some stupid DLL is missing.

Name:	Armoury Crate ****e_1.PNG 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	84705

It can be black-empty and stuck at loading, but at least it has recognized the motherboard.

Name:	Armoury loading.png 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	84706

4. Get the HAL drivers and services update from Armoury Crate. Then wait for server hours to let the Armoury Crate do its thing. It will automatically download other necessary stuff to make several options visible.

5. Restart the system. If you are in luck, several other options will be visible to get another service update.

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the supposed options are visible.

Then you got yourself a ****e load of crap background processes

Name:	Background process.PNG 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	84703

Name:	Background process_2.PNG 
Views:	43 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	84704

7. Then hope all your effort is worth it.

8. If you are still interested in this ****e, you can ask how to do step 1 in detail.

Personally, I absolutely hate RGB but I need the Macro regardless. And I just want to test if I can make a crap actually work.
    Last edited by SilenMar; 04-21-2020 at 03:40 PM.
    components in PCPartPicker
    Intel 8700K - 5.1GHz core, 5.0GHz cache, 1.37v
    EVGA FTW3 1080Ti Hybrid SLI - 2.0GHz core, 12GHz memory
    Asus Maximus X Hero
    Corsair Dominator 16x4GB - 3000MHz default XMP 15-17-17-35
    Fire Strike 36838 Extreme 25250 Ultra 14464

New ROGer Array

thanks silentmar

i will try your guide im using z390-F... i actually spend almost 2 months trying to fix by uninstall and reinstalling it..
    the apps just stuck at the update when you load the application... i installed revo yesterday to cleanup the application and finally
    the apps load to dashboard after reinstalling but armoury service keep crashing, and i found that all .dll files under HWComponentPlugin folder
    causing armoury crash and when i remove the HWcomponentplugin folder the armoury crate works but the settings on the Device is not

Name:	jkjljl.JPG 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	84707

Quote Originally Posted by SilenMar View Post
    It is a mess when crap RGB stuff has no industry standard. And every time Armoury will be killed by Anti-cheat mechanism in Rainbow Six Siege.
    Reinstalling your OS turns out to be the fastest option since ASUS has never told you how to completely uninstall Armoury Crate.
    I tried a lot of times as well.

The fastest approach is an OS reinstallation. Take 30 minutes.

The slow approach will take several days plus multiple manually system restart.
    1. You need manually delete registries, uninstall the HAL drivers, delete ASUS services, clear related folders.
    2. Then enable the Z390 bios option to let the motherboard automatically download legacy ROG Armoury. If you don't have Z390 motherboard, I don't know how to get the right version either. It then becomes a bet of luck.

Name:	Legacy ROG Armoury.PNG 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	84700
    The legacy software will give you the right version of ASUS Com Service, to recognize the hardware.

Name:	ASUS COM Services.PNG 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	84701

3. After that, install the Armory Crate. If it recognizes the motherboard, the motherboard page will at least not be a white blank page saying some stupid DLL is missing.

Name:	Armoury Crate ****e_1.PNG 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	84705

It can be black-empty and stuck at loading, but at least it has recognized the motherboard.

Name:	Armoury loading.png 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	84706

4. Get the HAL drivers and services update from Armoury Crate. Then wait for server hours to let the Armoury Crate do its thing. It will automatically download other necessary stuff to make several options visible.

5. Restart the system. If you are in luck, several other options will be visible to get another service update.

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the supposed options are visible.

Then you got yourself a ****e load of crap background processes

Name:	Background process.PNG 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	84703

Name:	Background process_2.PNG 
Views:	43 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	84704

7. Then hope all your effort is worth it.

8. If you are still interested in this ****e, you can ask how to do step 1 in detail.

Personally, I absolutely hate RGB but I need the Macro regardless. And I just want to test if I can make a crap actually work.