cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G20 Max SSD Install Question

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
hello all, just a quick question on a SSD Size, I know from having the system that I could install a 500gb SSD, and that was installed into a AJ model. so any one knows or tell us all that size SSD you installed and in to which model, e.g 1TB into a CB etc...... I keep getting this question a lot on my videos and would be nice to get a broad answer from people that has install and can give a 100% answer. have a nice day and cheers

Welsh Whoopee
5 REPLIES 5

Strickmabil
Level 7
welsh whoopee wrote:
hello all, just a quick question on a ssd size, i know from having the system that i could install a 500gb ssd, and that was installed into a aj model. So any one knows or tell us all that size ssd you installed and in to which model, e.g 1tb into a cb etc...... I keep getting this question a lot on my videos and would be nice to get a broad answer from people that has install and can give a 100% answer. Have a nice day and cheers

welsh whoopee

m.2 ssd?

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
well m.2 if some one is asking about the CB model, and normal ssd if some one is asking about the GB/AJ/CI model

cheers

Hey again Whoopee!

I was wondering if you'd gotten any solid answers on this yet. My G20cb is currently sporting the single stock Toshiba drive and I'm trying to find out what my options are for upgrading. The manufacturer specs limits the M.2 to 256gb, the ssd to 500gb, and the desktop drive to 2tb.

Are these just the max options the stock system could be purchased with or is there some reason that the motherboard would be limited by these numbers?

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
if your running a windows 64bit system, then it shouldn't have a limit, but I currently have a 500gb ssd m.2 and a 1tb nvme m.2 ssd that I was gonna try in the system, but again I wasn't sure on the demand on such a upgrade. the max I have tried is a 500gb ssd and 1TB on the mech hdd. but ssd's price are coming down so much these days, why have a slow mech hdd any more, just depends on what games your installing.

Again I'd really like to see what kind of results you get out of the NVMe in one of these little beasts.