cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GA35DX upgrade RAM to Corsair Vengeance Pro 32gbx4 3200hx - ISSUE

Quantify
Level 7
Hi all,

First time poster and new to ROG gear. I purchased the new GA35DX Ryzen 3950 with x570-f motherboard. Decided to bump the ram up from 32gb at 3200 to 128 at same and went with Vengeance Pro RGB as title implies. The system will boot with RAM installed but won't clock above 2666hz on the RAM on auto. If I enable the DOCP profile the PC won't boot. If I try to set it manually to 3200 I can but timings are too high and I am unable to modify them. Also I don't seen any option in the BIOS to change DRAM Voltage.

Hoping someone here can help.
9 REPLIES 9

rs3_quattro_8v
Level 7
I have a similar issue with my GA35DX.

Replaced the 2x16gb Strix modules (Micron ICs) as they only run 3200Mhz @ CL22. I got 4x16 HyperX Fury modules but cannot run them at the XMP profiles at 3200Mhz CL16. It runs when clocker slower at CL18.

I don't see an option for DDR voltage either in the BIOS. Is there a way to flash the X570-F BIOS onto this MB? The motherboard is named GA35 and has its own BIOS version, now at 301. I tried to flash the X570-F file but it predictably did't initiate the process.

Second issue with the desktop is that the Keystone key keeps disconnecting and reconnecting even when securely docked. I reinstalled the NXP NFC driver but no luck. I've disabled the driver as the connection sounds are very annoying.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
rs3_quattro_8v wrote:
I have a similar issue with my GA35DX.

Replaced the 2x16gb Strix modules (Micron ICs) as they only run 3200Mhz @ CL22. I got 4x16 HyperX Fury modules but cannot run them at the XMP profiles at 3200Mhz CL16. It runs when clocker slower at CL18.

I don't see an option for DDR voltage either in the BIOS. Is there a way to flash the X570-F BIOS onto this MB? The motherboard is named GA35 and has its own BIOS version, now at 301. I tried to flash the X570-F file but it predictably did't initiate the process.

Second issue with the desktop is that the Keystone key keeps disconnecting and reconnecting even when securely docked. I reinstalled the NXP NFC driver but no luck. I've disabled the driver as the connection sounds are very annoying.

Hi rs3_quattro_8v,

Sorry for the delay, but unfortunately, as you found, the GA35DX motherboards are only able to flash the bios files for the GA35DX.

Not sure if you are still concerned about the keystone issue, but if you still have time to exchange or return the unit with the store, you may want to consider trying this before the deadline.

Otherwise, don't know what is causing the problem, but if you are interested in working on it more, we would like to get more information like the versions under Armoury Crate-> Settings->About as further below as well as screenshots of your keystone settings (please scroll down and take more screenshots if additional settings are available) if you can get that far.
Would be great if you could provide a video too, but not really sure how this will turn out, so we'll take whatever you are willing to provide and don't forget to keep an eye on the deadline to return or exchange the unit if you have that option. Thanks.

cl-Albert wrote:
Hi rs3_quattro_8v,

Sorry for the delay, but unfortunately, as you found, the GA35DX motherboards are only able to flash the bios files for the GA35DX.

Not sure if you are still concerned about the keystone issue, but if you still have time to exchange or return the unit with the store, you may want to consider trying this before the deadline.

Otherwise, don't know what is causing the problem, but if you are interested in working on it more, we would like to get more information like the versions under Armoury Crate-> Settings->About as further below as well as screenshots of your keystone settings (please scroll down and take more screenshots if additional settings are available) if you can get that far.
Would be great if you could provide a video too, but not really sure how this will turn out, so we'll take whatever you are willing to provide and don't forget to keep an eye on the deadline to return or exchange the unit if you have that option. Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply in turn! I am not too concerned with the Keystone issue. It is well beyond a return date and I was able to find a setting in Armory Crate to disable the sound notification of the keystone docking/undocking. THanks.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
No problem for the late reply and thanks for the update.

samj
Level 8

Reposting my reply from another thread:

The G35DX motherboard is still crippled in April 2023 with latest (315) bios. This is pretty bad form from ASUS for a purportedly high-performance machine and someone should take ownership of fixing it. These are expensive machines and when you lose customers like me, you lose us for good.

Burtlongtime
Level 7

So we're thus far along and the option to overclock the ram is still not working. The docp profile saved for 3200mhz said it was the correct timings but after checking the timings are still garbage 

samj
Level 8

Reposting again:

I've just installed BIOS version 321 which claims performance improvements.

Sure enough, DRAM Voltage has been added!

That being said, while it correctly reports the VDDCR CPU and SOC voltages as 1.464v and 0.975v respectively, it's reporting the DRAM voltage as 250.915v which I think we can agree is incorrect.

Loading the DOCP profile for 3603 instead of the default 2666 results in the blue screens I was getting before and which I suspect to be due to undervoltage. That is to say, I think they've accepted that this is a critical feature for a high performance machine, and then wired it up wrong.

I'd be keen to hear from ASUS as to whether this is a (known) bug, and if so, when can we expect it to be fixed?

@samj 

Try some speed a little bit slower and it might work. AMD is changing the CPU a bit by every AGESA release and that can impact bios settings. The latest AGESA releases are more focused on security and that impact speed. 

samj
Level 8

The issue seems to be that to drive the RAM at its design speed, you need to up the voltage from 1.2v to 1.35v (per DOCP). It's reporting the voltage around 250v and I don't have a multimeter on it so I don't know if it's running at 1.2v or 1.35v, but it seems that while the setting has been added, it's being ignored.

In any case AGESA is typically distributed with the BIOS so I would have expected the two to match (if AGESA is even involved in setting voltages, which seems unlikely?). All the more reason to be running at full design speed if security tweaks are slowing us down further with each release.