New ROGer Array

GA35DX upgrade RAM to Corsair Vengeance Pro 32gbx4 3200hx - ISSUE

Hi all,

First time poster and new to ROG gear. I purchased the new GA35DX Ryzen 3950 with x570-f motherboard. Decided to bump the ram up from 32gb at 3200 to 128 at same and went with Vengeance Pro RGB as title implies. The system will boot with RAM installed but won't clock above 2666hz on the RAM on auto. If I enable the DOCP profile the PC won't boot. If I try to set it manually to 3200 I can but timings are too high and I am unable to modify them. Also I don't seen any option in the BIOS to change DRAM Voltage.

Hoping someone here can help.
    Last edited by Quantify; 04-21-2020 at 06:08 PM.

New ROGer Array

I have a similar issue with my GA35DX.

Replaced the 2x16gb Strix modules (Micron ICs) as they only run 3200Mhz @ CL22. I got 4x16 HyperX Fury modules but cannot run them at the XMP profiles at 3200Mhz CL16. It runs when clocker slower at CL18.

I don't see an option for DDR voltage either in the BIOS. Is there a way to flash the X570-F BIOS onto this MB? The motherboard is named GA35 and has its own BIOS version, now at 301. I tried to flash the X570-F file but it predictably did't initiate the process.

Second issue with the desktop is that the Keystone key keeps disconnecting and reconnecting even when securely docked. I reinstalled the NXP NFC driver but no luck. I've disabled the driver as the connection sounds are very annoying.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by rs3_quattro_8v View Post
    I have a similar issue with my GA35DX.

Replaced the 2x16gb Strix modules (Micron ICs) as they only run 3200Mhz @ CL22. I got 4x16 HyperX Fury modules but cannot run them at the XMP profiles at 3200Mhz CL16. It runs when clocker slower at CL18.

I don't see an option for DDR voltage either in the BIOS. Is there a way to flash the X570-F BIOS onto this MB? The motherboard is named GA35 and has its own BIOS version, now at 301. I tried to flash the X570-F file but it predictably did't initiate the process.

Second issue with the desktop is that the Keystone key keeps disconnecting and reconnecting even when securely docked. I reinstalled the NXP NFC driver but no luck. I've disabled the driver as the connection sounds are very annoying.
    Hi rs3_quattro_8v,

Sorry for the delay, but unfortunately, as you found, the GA35DX motherboards are only able to flash the bios files for the GA35DX.

Not sure if you are still concerned about the keystone issue, but if you still have time to exchange or return the unit with the store, you may want to consider trying this before the deadline.

Otherwise, don't know what is causing the problem, but if you are interested in working on it more, we would like to get more information like the versions under Armoury Crate-> Settings->About as further below as well as screenshots of your keystone settings (please scroll down and take more screenshots if additional settings are available) if you can get that far.
    Would be great if you could provide a video too, but not really sure how this will turn out, so we'll take whatever you are willing to provide and don't forget to keep an eye on the deadline to return or exchange the unit if you have that option. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ac.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	922.8 KB 
ID:	85699
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 07-21-2020 at 09:31 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    Hi rs3_quattro_8v,

Sorry for the delay, but unfortunately, as you found, the GA35DX motherboards are only able to flash the bios files for the GA35DX.

Not sure if you are still concerned about the keystone issue, but if you still have time to exchange or return the unit with the store, you may want to consider trying this before the deadline.

Otherwise, don't know what is causing the problem, but if you are interested in working on it more, we would like to get more information like the versions under Armoury Crate-> Settings->About as further below as well as screenshots of your keystone settings (please scroll down and take more screenshots if additional settings are available) if you can get that far.
    Would be great if you could provide a video too, but not really sure how this will turn out, so we'll take whatever you are willing to provide and don't forget to keep an eye on the deadline to return or exchange the unit if you have that option. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ac.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	922.8 KB 
ID:	85699
    Sorry for the late reply in turn! I am not too concerned with the Keystone issue. It is well beyond a return date and I was able to find a setting in Armory Crate to disable the sound notification of the keystone docking/undocking. THanks.

Super Moderator Array

No problem for the late reply and thanks for the update.