cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GA35DX CPU Cooling Unit LED Issue

Quantify
Level 7
Hi!

*I'm a recent addition to the ROG family and have a technical issue I'm hoping the community will be able to assist me with. I purchased a GA35DX and the CPU cooling unit LED is wired weird. I get red when I set it to green and green when I set it to red, nothing if I set aurasync to blue so I'm guessing its a jumper somewhere placed incorrectly or a setting I'd rather not mess with without instructions in the BIOS. Phone support wasn't very helpful, they wanted me to send the new PC to them for up to a month and this is its only issue. Also of note its the second of the same model number with the same issue, the first was returned at request of seller thinking it was just a qc issue.

*Looking forward to talking with the forum about this and hopefully getting some help.

After that on to the fun stuff.
1 REPLY 1

hugoalmeida
Level 7
Hi there,

I had a similar issue with my GT35CZ. The desktops are pretty much the same so i think you have the same problem i had. Just Follow the connector and unplug it (in my desktop was connected to a 4-Pin connector extension cable, behind the board, wich connects and syncs it with the front light bar and the inner light bars around the case). Connected directly to the motherboard and that was it.

Hope it helps