cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX SCOPE keyboard red message on armoury

Darthpibe
Level 7
hi, I got a ROG STRIX SCOPE keyboard, everything is working fine, but after the update last night I got this message under the Aura sync in the Armoury: the lightning effect on the keyboard default profile is not changeable. please switch to another keyboard profile, anyone knows why?
5 REPLIES 5

TheMajekalBum
Level 8
YES!

OK, long story short you can manually pick keyboard profiles without any software installed. One of them is called default and nothing can be changed on it. That is just a note that it has a default profile like that. Basically you can't lock yourself out of bios by disabling keys or something silly like that.

Now, at boot up, the keyboard will start in what ever mode it was last set with these hardware switches. This is important for the guys that ask "why is my keyboard lighting different until i log in?". Its because the keyboard is starting in the last hardware switched profile until windows kicks it into Profile 1(or what ever one is being used in software). The profile used in the software isnt saving in the keyboard so the keyboard always reverts to its last saved mode at boot.

So long story short, use the hardware switches to select your profiles instead selecting in the software. That will allow your selected "Basic effect"(not aura syned effects) to work at boot on your keyboard and I found the same to be true with their mice.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Correct, use profiles 1 to 5 if you'd like to customise the lighting and settings, not the default profile. It's faster to use the shortcuts - Fn+1 (Profile 1), Fn+2 (Profile 2), and so on.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Correct, use profiles 1 to 5 if you'd like to customise the lighting and settings, not the default profile. It's faster to use the shortcuts - Fn+1 (Profile 1), Fn+2 (Profile 2), and so on.

I want to know if this message is going to bring any problem, I like the lights as they are right now, but if there's going to be any problem then I change the profile, thanks.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
When in the default profile, you will not be able to synchronise the lighting. If you want to Aura Sync, go the the Scope device page (small arrow in the bottom-right corner) and change to any other profile.

It is actually not true.
I have a ROG strix flare, well actually my whole PC is all ROG devices including the helios case and even if I am getting this message the keyboard allign it self to the aura lighting that I selected for all devices.
So, again, this ROG armoury crate is full of issues.
Sometime it works, some other times it doesn't. totally random.
This is really disappointing and don't start to ask me to update drivers, re install armoury crate, clean installation form scratch etc etc ... I tried everything and simply this software, sorry to say it is crap!
By the way I am an IT engineer so I know what am I talking about, being assembling my own PC since the 286, 386 CPUs came out using MSDOs so before you reply to my comment think twice.
ASUS, armoury crate is a crap! AURA sync and previous armoury software were working just fine.