Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate and Rog Claymore Hot Keys

Beafeeter
Level 7
Hi!

Armoury II invited me to update my app to Armoury Crate
after update, when my PC turn on all the hot buttons do not work, I need to open application and open the device section then select the keyboard, after that the keys start working
in the Scenario Profiles for Connected Device Configuration I select Profile , on this profile that hot keys are assigned
How to solve this issue? is this a bug?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

TheMajekalBum
Level 8
I wasn't able to get my Claymore to work with armory last week. I actually bought a flare so that I could sync my rgb...Is the Claymore showing up in armory crate for you?

I also have a Rog Claymore and Updated to Crate and made a long list of complaints in another topic: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117548-Armoury-2-blocked-tabs-asks-me-to-download-Crate

Right now, it seems I can not set any custom lighting with Crate. But you can create profiles in Armoury and use Crate to switch, it seems to work better since will not crash constantly like Armoury.

Except, the Scenario profile switching always stops working eventually. Going in to the Device config like the OP says will fix this issue also. But at the same time it will reset the color settings you made with Armoury. The problem seems to be that Crate gets confused which profile it should Default to when no apps are running and that messes up the switching completely.

Like said, the device menu does fix it, but it is always temporary and will stop working eventually.

I'm so disappointed by these software solutions. I wish I could change the lighting profiles with CMD or something, since neither Amoury nor Crate are working properly.

EDIT: I narrowed down the problem, there is a Windows service called "Armoury Crate Service". When you stop and start this again, you can trigger the bug above, the profile switcher gets confused and wont work properly until enter the Device menu on Crate.

TheMajekalBum wrote:
I wasn't able to get my Claymore to work with armory last week. I actually bought a flare so that I could sync my rgb...Is the Claymore showing up in armory crate for you?

Yes, Crate see my keyboard in the list of devices

Crowley_07 wrote:
EDIT: I narrowed down the problem, there is a Windows service called "Armoury Crate Service". When you stop and start this again, you can trigger the bug above, the profile switcher gets confused and wont work properly until enter the Device menu on Crate.

Hope it's temporary and the future update fix this problem, but as for now it's really uncomfortable

Well, my claymore works in crate now. I did a fresh in stall of windows 2 days ago with ONLY Armory Crate, ROG 7.1(for centurion headset), and GPU Tweek2 in an attempt to get all my Aura to work and so far so good! I'd just assumed the Claymore wouldn't work cuz it wasn't on the Crate compatibility list and I never got any part of it to work in crater before today. One bit of weirdness, Crate didn't want to detect both keyboards at the same time. Had to plug one in, restart the system then it would be properly detected and controlled. Now I'm torn on what keyboard to use, I love the separate media keys and the updated "starry night" effect on the Flare but love the look/finish of the Claymore.

I'm pretty sure when you have multiple programs trying to hook the lighting service that it causes weird things to happen. I also know the uninstallers don't actually remove everything and those remnants cause issues. I know it seems extreme, but I'd highly suggest a fresh install of windows, drivers, and only Armory Crate. Avoid other asus control programs if possible. Though, update the firmware of all your gear through armory before the fresh install, Crate doesn't seem to be able to update firmware yet though it kinda acts like it can.

With Armory you can set Custom Lighting for Claymore, meaning different colors for different keys/areas. You can't seem to do this in Crate, so you need Armoury too, but it doesn't need to be running.

So I make my lighting profiles with Armoury and use Crate Scenario Profiles to switch them. And this does work, until it eventually bugs out. I'm not sure if the Crate service is crashing or what, but like I said you can trigger the bug by restarting Crate Service.

I Have Profile 1 for general Windows use, Profile 2 for Gaming and Profile 3 for lights off completely, 2&3 bound to apps.

I have Profile 1 active and launch a game, Profile 2 gets activated. I close a game, Profile 1 gets restored. This will work for a time, but eventually it gets confused about what profile it should return to. I have a theory what happens, the crate service crashes and when it restarts, it will pick the last profile it switched to as the "default" and always return to that until you switch it back with Crate. Of course this has the side effect of resetting the lighting profile you made with Armoury but usually it's easily restored in Amoury.

Possible fixes I can think of, give the user an option to set the default profile that is used when no selected app is running. Fix the major bugs in your goddamn software :D. Also, is Claymore ever going to be fully supported meaning the custom lighting?

I do have a hacky way of forcing a default profile for Crate though. I bind "Profile 1" to just some app the Crate can "see" first, in my case I use notepad++. Then I use the following powershell Script.

start-process "C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe"
start-sleep -Milliseconds 700
stop-Service ArmouryCrateService -force
stop-process -name notepad++ -force
start-Service ArmouryCrateService

I run this whenever I wake my PC from sleep mode, could probably do with some other triggers too but for right now, this seems to keep the profile switcher working so far.

It really sucks that the software support is this bad when the hardware itself is great. If this never gets fixed, this is probably my last Asus product that need Asus developed software for operation.

Edit: Further testing shows, that even my hacky method does not always work, it seems to help, but it still bugs out sometimes.

and no responce, to bad 😞